Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

3 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Yes the last part. He’s going to justify it as making a killing like a genius businessman. If you actually think this is about his passion for the team rather than all about himself you are wrong. He will turn on it in a split second when he’s cornered and will say it was just a business deal and nothing more. He will never see it at getting his comeuppance. He will walk away with 6 billion in his pocket and be okay. 

I hear you.  I don't really care how he feels about it.  I hope he's miserable but all in all I just want him gone. 

As for sympathy in any aspect, its certainly not from me.  I'd have to be at least top 5 as Dan's loudest critics on the board and have been so for eons.  I took plenty of arrows for it, along with @Conn, @BatteredFanSyndrome and a slew of others taking arrows for voicing some optimism that this day would come. 

There has been for a long time a vocal group on this board who although like us hated Dan -- they would get pissy about any optimism from us about a day like this coming -- calling us out more or less as being foolish, naive, people with their head in the sand who don't understand the odds -- and in turn we were peddling false hope about Dan being ultimately out.    The posts would get very snippy.  Heck sometimes I'd have to preface some of my posts saying I know it will piss some people off for me saying this and then I'd launch into an optimistic take about why I think this will eventually go down.

I felt the dam would eventually break and said so plenty of times on that FO-owner thread.  I admit though I thought it would take longer. 

Granted it still hasn't officially gone down.  So i don't want to jinx it. 😀

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I hear you.  I don't really care how he feels about it.  I hope he's miserable but all in all I just want him gone. 

As for sympathy in any aspect, its certainly not from me.  I'd have to be at least top 5 as Dan's loudest critics on the board and have been so for eons.  I took plenty of arrows for it, along with @Conn, @BatteredFanSyndrome and a slew of others taking arrows for voicing some optimism that this day would come. 

There has been for a long time a vocal group on this board who although like us hated Dan -- they would get pissy about any optimism from us about a day like this coming -- calling us out more or less as being foolish, naive, people with their head in the sand who don't understand the odds -- and in turn we were peddling false hope about Dan being ultimately out.    The posts would get very snippy.  Heck sometimes I'd have to preface some of my posts saying I know it will piss some people off for me saying this and then I'd launch into an optimisitc take about why I think this will eventually go down.

I felt the dam would eventually break and said so plenty of times on that FO-owner thread.  I admit though I thought it would take longer. 

Granted it still hasn't officially gone down.  So i don't want to jinx it. 😀

Based on the reports it seems like the other owners talked sense into Tanya. That’s likely what made this go faster. Ultimately, if we have to stick with her uniform choices it was worth it. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I’m not sure him just being gone is good enough for me. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great start. I really feel like he needs to suffer though.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Based on the reports it seems like the other owners talked sense into Tanya. That’s likely what made this go faster. Ultimately, if we have to stick with her uniform choices it was worth it. 

Could be.  Also a recent report said Dan was approached by some owners recently, saying times up.  Seems like the speculation its an accumulation of things including Tanya being booed.

Should be interesting to see what happens at the stadium tomorrow on that front.   Sell the team chants I presume. 

4 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I’m not sure and just being gone is good enough for me. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great start. I really feel like he needs to suffer though.

lol, don't get me wrong I'd love that, too.

But I do think a new owner coming in and hopefully becoming a winner, getting the stadium, etc, being seen as a savior, etc -- adds to his sufffering at least psychologically.

Some radio talk show hosts have talked about hosting a parade if-when he sells.  Imagine the humiliation of that?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Could be.  Also a recent report said Dan was approached by some owners recently, saying times up.  Seems like the speculation its an accumulation of things including Tanya being booed.

Should be interesting to see what happens at the stadium tomorrow on that front.   Sell the team chants I presume. 

This needs to play out fast. Jay Z apparently keeps in contact with Dan. They need to get an inflated number agreed to and have Bezos sweep in. Announce it week of Super Bowl then get approval at March meetings. That’s best case scenario.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

There has been for a long time a vocal group on this board who although like us hated Dan -- they would get pissy about any optimism from us about a day like this coming -- calling us out more or less as being foolish, naive, people with their head in the sand who don't understand the odds -- and in turn we were peddling false hope about Dan being ultimately out.    The posts would get very snippy.  Heck sometimes I'd have to preface some of my posts saying I know it will piss some people off for me saying this and then I'd launch into an optimisitc take about why I think this will eventually go down.

With all due respect SIP, is that necessary? I think pretty much everyone on this board wants Dan out. This feels like a time where users are all encouraged by what is going on with Dan, do we require needless point scoring like this? :229:

• Haha 1

The DOJ/FBI are already chiming in. The fact that a federal investigation has been opened a few hours after dany boy said he is exploring selling the team speaks volume.

I believe they will take a piece of the $6 billions. It's just the beginning of the fall of dany boy's house of cards.

1060516791-e2c51bab5ecf235967e955485f5d0

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But I do think a new owner coming in and hopefully becoming a winner, getting the stadium, etc, being seen as a savior, etc -- adds to his sufffering at least psychologically.

Some radio talk show hosts have talked about hosting a parade if-when he sells.  Imagine the humiliation of that?

That’s exactly the type of thing I’m talking about. Would love it. I want him to feel the sting of knowing how the world feels about him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

With all due respect SIP, is that necessary? I think pretty much everyone on this board wants Dan out. This feels like a time where users are all encouraged by what is going on with Dan, do we require needless point scoring like this? :229:

I’m totally on board with your sentiment but I do have to admit that it’s a little annoying after years of these conversations to see the same posters who less than a year ago (and for a very long time before that) were authoritatively speaking on the impossibility of it all now authoritatively speaking on the expected timeline of the thing they said was impossible. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I could say whatever I like.    And I said it fairly nicely.  

I made one casual comment back in response to years of taking some grief on the point -- not just me taking grief for it but plenty of others likewise taking some grief.  If that bothers you, sorry, I didn't really have a specific poster in mind when writing that post.    

And like I said its still not over, so will see.  Fingers crossed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

There are literally 1000s of posters who stopped posting, buying Redskins gear, going to games etc many many years ago because of Doofus Dan ruining the team. 

Being the most recent and most prolific converts doesn't mean that you are a revolutionary. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

I’m totally on board with your sentiment but I do have to admit that it’s a little annoying after years of these conversations to see the same posters who less than a year ago (and for a very long time before that) were authoritatively speaking on the impossibility of it all now authoritatively speaking on the expected timeline of the thing they said was impossible. 

Agreed.

I can recall several occasions when I was chided to be more realistic and told how silly it was to think that the NFL was ever going to pressure one of their own to sell the team.

I would say, "Have faith it's gonna happen", only to end up getting ignored and hit with a bunch if laughing emojis from the more knowledgeable and prudent fans that in their combined wisdom "new better than those gullible fools".

Still I, like many others, never once waivered during even the darkest of times.

"Thoughts are things" after all. We manifest the reality we choose to live in.

Even so, no I told you so's.

This is a big tent movement and there's room for even the most recent of converts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pfft

If you called something that was a longshot your allowed to dunk. If anything peeps are not dunking hard enough. Where are the windmill 360s?

If people don't fear questioning you in the future, your not doing it right. You gotta make sure other members make a business decision and choose not to jump when your coming down the lane next time. Aint no time for politeness, there should be no regard for human life.

Catch up - é de comer? - Sara Liliam

I didn't think Snyder would get ousted by anything less than being personally linked to something that was so bad it would have him out of the league in 2 days. Maybe the Fed investigation that just launched woulda been that thing and this is get-out-while-you-still-can kinda scenario? Who knows.

Regardless it looks like the death by 1,000 cuts method actually gets this to the finish line, so I'll happily eat crow on this one.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

There are literally 1000s of posters who stopped posting, buying Redskins gear, going to games etc many many years ago because of Doofus Dan ruining the team. 

Being the most recent and most prolific converts doesn't mean that you are a revolutionary. 

Yep, I would agree with that.  And each to their own path.

Hopefully we are close to a new era.

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I could say whatever I like.    And I said it fairly nicely.  

I made one casual comment back in response to years of taking some grief on the point -- not just me taking grief for it but plenty of others likewise taking some grief.  If that bothers you, sorry, I didn't really have a specific poster in mind when writing that post.    

And like I said its still not over, so will see.  Fingers crossed. 

No it doesn’t bother me. Have you really taken grief over the Dan line? I think you posted the day before the announcement that it would never happen because he was too stubborn. 

Pretty sure we’re all on the same page so here’s hoping it plays out well and the ES board will be better place for more posters being more engaged post Snyder :229:

4 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Agreed.

I can recall several occasions when I was chided to be more realistic and told how silly it was to think that the NFL was ever going to pressure one of their own to sell the team.

I can remember posting something way back in the 2000s about how Dan treated people and how everyone had an NDA meant, to me, that one day a whole big pile of **** was going to come down on him. From sexual harassment type **** to bullying to failing to pay employees etc and all the replies were that there was no way anything like that was going on. Now, years later all of it has come true, and I guarantee there is still so much more that we'll never hear about. 

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

I think you posted the day before the announcement that it would never happen because he was too stubborn. 

It's totally true that Doofus Dan is too stubborn. Actually he's just oblivious to reality.

There has to be some real **** coming down that he doesn't want to get out or the NFL found a real way to threaten him to shut his ass up for good. 

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

It's totally true that Doofus Dan is too stubborn. Actually he's just oblivious to reality.

There has to be some real **** coming down that he doesn't want to get out or the NFL found a real way to threaten him to shut his ass up for good. 

That’s why I think a sale happens quick, Dan is under heat to vanish off the radar quietly.

21 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

No it doesn’t bother me. Have you really taken grief over the Dan line? I think you posted the day before the announcement that it would never happen because he was too stubborn. 

Pretty sure we’re all on the same page so here’s hoping it plays out well and the ES board will be better place for more posters being more engaged post Snyder :229:

I posted that I didn't think Dan would voluntarily sell but would be pushed out.  I was optimistic that Dan would be gone eventually for quite some time.   My point wasn't about who would predict what.  Some guess right, some guess wrong and it evens out.   On that thread which i gather you missed a lot of posts considering this current post from you -- yes there were some optimists, me included, who got some snippy push back for our optimism and that happened over years.  

So as for you challenging whether it ever happened.  Just like you hit me 2 weeks or so ago on where I pointed out Dan's cash flow issues -- with you suggesting I am not working with facts.  I get you are annoyed with the tone of some of my posts about Dan, that's hard to miss.   

It's cool, I am not going to win a popularity contest with everyone.  Dan is an emotional topic.  There have been plenty of heated debates, actually more so from others than from me on that owner thread, comes with the turf with being a fan run by a team with a douche-incompetent owner.

I'll agree with you on one point, look forward to those days being gone and in turn less dissension among fans.  But i am too supersitious to completely count my chickens, yet but its looking very good

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I’m not sure him just being gone is good enough for me. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great start. I really feel like he needs to suffer though.

If a new owner comes in and the team starts winning big time within just a few years, that will make him suffer.  I remember in one of his earliest interviews he ripped on Art Modell for only winning one championship in 40 years (which wasn't accurate, since he won another in the pre SB era). Now he is reportedly blaming his lack of success on not having a franchise QB and was convinced everything would turn around and he would be appreciated once the team found one. Now his legacy is written in stone - one of the three worst teams in the NFL during his tenure, going from a years long waiting list to the worst attendance in the league. 

It sucks that he made billions despite his egregious mismanagement, but if Bezos wins a SB in his first 5 years, all anyone will ever remember about Dan is how much he sucked. He will be like Irsay Senior to Baltimore fans or Modell to Cleveland. Even Paul Brown Jr finally got a chance to redeem himself with Cincinnati fans; Dan will be forever reviled if the new owner(s) turns things around.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So as for you challenging whether it ever happened.  Just like you hit me 2 weeks ago on where I pointed out Dan cash flow issues -- with you suggesting I am not working with facts.  I get you are annoyed with the tone of some of my posts about Dan, that's hard to miss.   

It's cool, I am not going to win a popularity contest with everyone.  Dan is an emotional topic.  There have been plenty of heated debates, actually more so from others than from me on that owner thread, comes with the turf with being a fan run by a team with a douche-incompetent owner.

Yeah we certainly disagree on the cash flow situation but I don’t get annoyed on ES, well not since GHH hasn’t been around but that’s a different story all together :ols:. I agree Dan can’t fund a 2b new stadium but he’s easily got cash to run day to day operations. I think he’s held back the cash because he knew he was screwed. Wentz got paid in desperation as the last role of the dice, I think we are very fortunate Terry got his new deal. But no you don’t annoy me at all, great poster, this place thrives with more diverse opinions, that should be encouraged.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

I haven’t even thought about how much disgust I have for Kirk.

I still find this odd.  I get not thinking he’s worth the money, laughing at his grilling techniques, etc.

But I don’t get the hate for playing Bruce and Dan like the fools they are and utilizing every ounce of leverage they handed to him.  He and his agent exposed this organization.  I actually credit his situation for part of why we are where we are today.  A lot of fans don’t want to admit it, but the real drop in attendance and fan enthusiasm started when he left.  They couldn’t get people to show up for a 6-3 Alex Smith led team.  I think that was less about Kirk and more about how gross the team handled it all, making it easier for folks to check out.  It’s been all downhill from there.  

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I still find this odd.  I get not thinking he’s worth the money, laughing at his grilling techniques, etc.

But I don’t get the hate for playing Bruce and Dan like the fools they are and utilizing every ounce of leverage they handed to him.  He and his agent exposed this organization.  I actually credit his situation for part of why we are where we are today.  A lot of fans don’t want to admit it, but the real drop in attendance and fan enthusiasm started when he left.  They couldn’t get people to show up for a 6-3 Alex Smith led team.  I think that was less about Kirk and more about how gross the team handled it all, making it easier for folks to check out.  It’s been all downhill from there.  

He blocked me on Twitter for telling him his grilling skills match his ability to manage the clock to end the half against Philly by kneeling instead of spiking the ball. I have never been blocked by anyone else on twitter. This hate is personal. Dude is weak. 😂 

• Haha 5

35 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Yeah we certainly disagree on the cash flow situation but I don’t get annoyed on ES, well not since GHH hasn’t been around but that’s a different story all together :ols:. I agree Dan can’t fund a 2b new stadium but he’s easily got cash to run day to day operations. I think he’s held back the cash because he knew he was screwed. Wentz got paid in desperation as the last role of the dice, I think we are very fortunate Terry got his new deal. But no you don’t annoy me at all, great poster, this place thrives with more diverse opinions, that should be encouraged.

I think SIP’s whole thing with the “cash flow” situation has been that whether he doesn’t have the money to spend, or simply doesn’t want to spend it—it doesn’t matter. Either way it’s a competitive disadvantage and it’s effecting the way this roster can be built. And Jerry’s comments yesterday about Snyder’s massive debt and the management of it is just another data point. 

Edited by Conn
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1