Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

21 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

A few people on this very board speculated that buying the remaining portion of the team could ironically capsize all his efforts to pretty much do anything at all LOL! He’s not liquid and now has no friends anywhere, any place who are willing to help him. Buying the rest of the team ultimately became his downfall. 

Yep on multiple levels Dan seems to have his own hand in his demise -- very Shakesperian demise.

His arrogance, delusion and spitefulness likely had a strong hand in all of this along with his financial ineptitude.

I strongly suspect as many others suspect that it was Dan who revived this story in a big way by leaking the Bruce emails.  His own behavior in dealing with the investigation, hiring PIs to intimidate potential witnesses.  Telling people that he has dirt on fellow owners.  Not taking responsibility and blaming others.  Denying the NFL really punished him.  On and on and on. 

As I've mentioned before his incompetence and sleaziness was on display even in the context of his own survival -- he put on display why he's 100% hopeless.  If he can't stop getting in his own way to survive his ownershiip, its further proof that this dude can't manage a hot dog stand let alone an NFL team.

The level that this dude is a trainwreck IMO can't be exaggerated.   I was listening to a national football podcast this morning where some dude talked about how sorry he is for this fan base enduring that owner and how he's destroyed a flagship franchise. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

40 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I'd imagine if you get the oppo to build a relationship with the NFL you take it.

If you are vetted by ownership and are viewed favorably that can lead to big things down the road. Even if you don't win the ownership race, the league will always be handing out phat vender deals, merch deals, media deals, construction deals and so on. Many of these billionaires have things going on that could be of great interest/advantage to the NFL and getting your foot in the door and already vetted can give you a serious edge the next time the NFL wants to hand out a billion dollar contract. If I had some skin in the game of some tangibly relatable business I'd think it would be worth the time and money to put myself on the radar on an economic engine as big as the NFL.

The same is true for future team sales. You may not get Washington, but you might improve your odds of getting Seattle when it comes on the market.

I certainly agree with that in principle. Some of that will be already there from the Broncos sale.

For me this situation is more unique. The league is on a fast track to oust Snyder. He is a massive stain of dog **** on the league. He is damaging the reputation of the league and all those connected to it.

I don’t see this being a nice meet and greet exercise for Goodell and a raft of wealthy people. I see this as being get Snyder out fast so that he doesn’t stain this league any longer heading into the 2023 season. 

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 2

At 10:59 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2022, Forbes posted the following story: “Dan Snyder has retained BofA Securities to sell the Washington Commanders.”

Three minutes later, the Commanders issued this statement: “Dan and Tanya Snyder and the Washington Commanders announced today that they have hired BofA Securities to consider potential transactions.”

Seconds later, the angels sang.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

56 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

What Jay-Zos has that the others don’t is liquidity. Allen might be able to get together a group where he’ll be the majority owner, but you then have the question of a new stadium. Jeff Bezos can find stadium funding in his couch cushions. Allen’s group would have to still drum it up and sentiment for public dollars is at an all-time low.

Yep that’s the key point really.

Bezos is taking a hit on the Amazon valuation at the minute due to poor qtr1-3 results. The qtr 4 outlook also didn’t help. Wait and see, turn of the year will see some positive spin from Amazon. Share price will spike, Bezos will sell some shares to fund this. He’ll get an NFL franchise and enough spare change to build state of the art facilities on the back of economic results. That’s my guess. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FrFan said:

This is how Pokes nation is feeling about it.

Thanks for the peek into enemy camp. This post was especially satisfying to read....

Washington will no longer be saddled with moronic ownership. This stinks for us. They get a fresh start and we are stuck with our drunken, senile, incompetent leader and his nepotistic gang of teet suckers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ntotoro said:

What Jay-Zos has that the others don’t is liquidity. Allen might be able to get together a group where he’ll be the majority owner, but you then have the question of a new stadium. Jeff Bezos can find stadium funding in his couch cushions. Allen’s group would have to still drum it up and sentiment for public dollars is at an all-time low.

Yeah sure, Bezos could do that.

He could also buy out the Timberwolves so he doesn't have any trademark problem to rename the team redwolves.

He could do that all while taking his breakfast on sunday morning watching spongebob on TV.

Would he do that? I really doubt it, you just don't get that rich by spending money left and right as you please.

8 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

There was a guy in the Broncos sale who was afraid of starting an auction style bidding war, where multiple sides boost their bids.

Any idea if something like that is kinda handled on the fly, or does that knock things back several steps and massively set back the process?

That's a good question.  It really doesn't extend the timeline that much.  (That's the bottom line, the more verbose answer is below.)

Once the bids are in, there is a period of negotiation.  The other thing to keep in mind, with sales of private entities, they basically fall into 2 categories:

1.  The previous ownership/management will stay and have some stake in the business, and continue to have leadership roles

2.  It's a full sale and the previous ownership is taking all-cash and going away.

If it's a type of transaction 1, then there are always some significant negotiations, and there is much more of a "fit" discussion because management is sticking around.

That's not what we have here.

If it's option 2, then it's all about money.  And once the bidders have seen the data room, they will generate what they think is their initial offer and then their "best and final" offer.

It's not unusual for there to be one round of negotiations after the initial bids.  This is where the NFL MIGHT step in in some capacity.  If they want Bezos/Jay-Z for example, but they are not the highest bid, they could ask Snyder to ask Bezos/Jay for their Best and Final offer.

However, that whole process typically doesn't take very long.  It could be done in a couple of days.  What there traditionally is not is a true auction style bidding.  Not saying it doesn't happen, but that isn't something which typically happens for these types of transactions.  It's typically initial bid, and MAYBE a "best and final."  

What is going to extend the timeline is the post-LOI diligence period.  Because of the multiple investigations by different AG's, you'd think that the buyer is going to want to make REALLY DAMN SURE everything is in good standing from a financial books perspective, there is no financial exposure for the team for future law suits from Lisa Banks and others, etc  That is what is going to take some time to figure out more than anything.  

None of that stuff will be a deal breaker. But what could happen is if the buyers think there might be exposure and the team might have to pay some fines, they might put a stipulation that say $100m dollars of the sale is put in escrow, and Dan gets it only after all the law suits are settled.  Because remember, all of these investigations are NOT aimed at Dan, they are aimed at the franchise, which would carry the liability.  Dan owns the franchise.  But there is no guarantee they all just go away if Dan sells the team.  They might.  But if the organization did wrongdoing, it could carry over to the new ownership. 

If you're looking at something which could elongate the timeline, that's my guess as to what it is.  But that would be after Jan 15th, which is when I think they will collect bids.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Yeah sure, Bezos could do that.

He could also buy out the Timberwolves so he doesn't have any trademark problem to rename the team redwolves.

He could do that all while taking his breakfast on sunday morning watching spongebob on TV.

Would he do that? I really doubt it, you just don't get that rich by spending money left and right as you please.

Of course he wouldn't do that.

He'd stream Spongebob on Amazon Prime Channels. :)  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, tshile said:

Unless the nfl takes the team from him, they can change their minds until they sign their names and money starts moving. 

practically - as soon as he decides it’s final that he’s not getting a minority partner that can bail him out (hard to believe he would. I would think it’s far more likely he can work out a deal where he sells 60% and loses control but maintains the investment and someone else can fix the money printing machine he broke)

he’s been backed into a corner. If he wants out he has limited options and “do nothing” isn’t one of them. 

The only thing I would add, there is a point where it would get REALLY expensive for him to back out.  When you enter into a LOI with a buyer, there are always stipulations to ensure the deal actually closes.  If he just "walks away" for no good reason, he's going to owe tens of millions of dollars to the buyers he left at the alter.

Same the other way around.  The buyers will commit a certain amount of money they lose if they just walk away, and it wouldn't be trivial.  

It's like putting down earnest money for a home sale.

There are ways to get it back, and deals fall through all the time.  But once the LOI is signed, Dan won't be able to just "change his mind" or take a different offer.  He'll need a really good reason which is already stipulated to in the LOI to get out of the deal without owing the buyer a ton of money.

4 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Smart business people won’t enter a race that they know they will never win. It’s a waste of time and money.

It gets them noticed (as if they need it) and sets themselves up for the next franchise that hits the market.

13 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

One thing is for sure: Good things come to those who wait.  Patience is the key and hopefully things will work out for the best in time

Agreed. It’s a win situation right now. Hopefully this plays out well however long it ends up taking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

It legitimately could take a year or more.  Although I think the league would like to have it done soon.  

I have waited this long. Another year is easy.  

oh and **** Dan Snyder.  

dan has debts that need to be paid, it won't take a year. 6 months at the most IMO.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 11/2/2022 at 12:14 PM, skins4eva said:

This.  My speculation is that Snyder is getting ahead of what will be devastating publicity for him once Mary Jo White's report is made public.  I'm sure the owners have seen the draft and have the ammunition to say you either sell now and get what you can or we force you out and sell it at a fire sale through a liquidation trustee.  There's no way Dan does this now and hires a top 3 investment bank to bring on a minority partner.  He may want to try to remain as a minority partner, but make no mistake: this is a sale of either a controlling stake or the entire franchise.  Dan can't maximize value for this franchise as the majority owner--he can't get a stadium built and he's running the revenue of the other owners into the ground.  The fact that he's retained bankers tells us that even Dan now realizes that he needs to cash this out and maximize value before he's forced out.   

`

This is my belief as well, however I had not considered the value drop had he been forced to sell if the damaging info is made public.  Now the question is will the NFL release the report?  

• Like 1