Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

34 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Snyder's change of heart came after more owners approached him, sources say

Jim Irsay was the only one who said his piece in public, but other NFL owners have confronted Dan Snyder privately in recent weeks -- and more have told Commissioner Roger Goodell that something must give, sources tell me. Wednesday’s shock announcement from the Snyders that they’d entertain offers for the team, those same sources said, came in light of that growing consensus that the end must come, one way or another.

However, this isn’t Barry Goldwater telling Richard Nixon he had no future in the White House. Owners still don’t know if they’d have the votes to push Snyder out if it really came to that, pending more investigatory findings. Many owners would love him gone, but worry about the unpredictable, extraordinarily high risk they’d face doing so without stronger cause.

Their case was a business one, sources said. Since the summer, many owners have concluded that this scandal will simply never go away as long as Snyder is there -- that it’s metastasized to the point of no return, and is starting to hurt other owners. If that’s true, his obligation as a partner is to find the best way out -- e.g., a highly lucrative sale. We don’t know exactly who went to Snyder or Goodell, but as we know, ESPN reported that Snyder has “lost" Jerry Jones.

The Oct. 13 ESPN article hardened those feelings, one source said. One concerning point was the article’s assertion that Snyder’s troubles would mostly go away if he could just get a stadium built. That reflects badly on all of them, insiders said. Journalists are taking a second look at the league’s prior handling of Snyder, too.

Nevertheless, Wednesday’s news came as a surprise. Most of the league woke up believing Snyder still intended to go to war. “The reason it’s so shocking is that it’s so practical,” one insider said.

What’s next? Investigations will continue as offers develop

For the sake of argument, let’s say the offers come fast and furious for the Commanders and a sale process gets going. What does that mean for the investigations?

The Snyders are not asking for assurances about limits on the NFL investigations or punishments as a condition of selling, a Commanders spokeswoman said. An NFL spokesman did not reply to questions about how the investigation or possible punishment would play out if Snyder’s on his way out.

For now, there’s no assurance they even will sell. Opinions differ on what it would take for Snyder to proceed with a sale. Is he looking for the best offer, or looking for a particular number that would be so extraordinary it would overwhelm all his long-held plans about generational transfers and his own instinct to fight? On one hand, Bank of America will surely hear some big numbers. On the other, most experts think NFL club valuations still have huge growth ahead of them, so holding out has value too.

A sale won't stop federal prosecutors, Congress or state attorneys general if they think they can make a case. But exactly how the NFL handles punishment if Snyder is close to divesting could be interesting. The NFL can only punish people who are subject to its constitution, which Snyder wouldn’t be once he’s fully divested. On the other hand, the public and political pressure on the NFL to fully show its work will be deafening.

Sports law attorney Daniel Wallach noted the league’s leverage in a tweet today, proposing the other NFL owners “should condition approval [of a sale] on the full repayment of the league’s investigative costs and the creation of a settlement fund for former employees.”

Early possible buyers emerge

Jeff Bezos’ own newspaper, the Washington Post, confirmed earlier reports from People magazine that the Amazon founder is interested in buying the Commanders, possibly in partnership with Jay Z. Byron Allen is also in the mix, Bloomberg reported, but his own personal wealth appears to be short of sufficient barring a change in NFL rules.

Insiders also widely consider the three unsuccessful finalists in the Broncos sale to be interested: Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment co-Founder Josh Harris, Clearlake Capital co-Founder Jose Feliciano and United Wholesale Mortgage CEO Mat Ishbia.

However, at this phase, take all that reporting with a pillar of salt. History tells us that the ultimate buyers aren’t usually the best-known ones.

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/SB-Blogs/Newsletter-Football/2022/11/03.aspx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, willyt said:

If the sale goes thru, I think ALL ties with this schmuck should be cut ...team name, new unis, fed ex...everything that could even remotely be traced back to him. 

Go back to original unis and colors with a new logo and name. Is there anywhere else they could play home games while new stadium is being built?

I think, with all that needs to be done, name and unis rank somewhere in the high 6-900's on the list of Important **** To Do.

23 minutes ago, Conn said:

This man calling out a lot of you #signaturesoffgang

We don’t need you or want you!!!! You’re not wanted michael phillips. Not for anything you’ve done but I don’t trust a man who doesn’t have a capital letter in his name.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I know most of the old guard of Skins fans can’t stand the Commanders uniforms, logo, merch, etc.

But, my son who is 15, really liked the McLaurin burgundy jersey and got it for back to school.  He’s also asked for the Sean Taylor black jersey for Xmas.

For whatever reasons, the kids appear to actually like the new stuff.  That said, he does hate the white jersey as I believe we all do.

And this is a kid who has never really been able to sustain any level of interest in this team, primarily due to how sad they’ve been.  

I agree with the sentiment that a new owner would likely want to remove all of Snyder’s fingerprints on this team.  I also agree that Commanders is a crap name.  But I really believe all this stuff is way down the list of what’s important.  I’d cheer for whatever the eff they want to call this team in whatever jerseys so long as Dan is no longer the owner.  Let’s stay focused on what matters most.

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeat that's exactly my impression, Dan's PR team selling that dude on this is a good product and Dan doing the typical he's been misrepresented.

They fed him the story to use as a sales ad to Forbes Top 400 as anyone on that list would be able to buy the team. 

• Like 10

6 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

If I end up in the hospital I want everyone here to know its because you bozos keep sending blood away from my brain to congregate in another area.

There's been a lot of curious imagery and metaphors being thrown around the last couple of days.

• Thumb up 1

45 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He’s also asked for the Sean Taylor black jersey for Xmas.

Really pleased for your son (mine won't wear Commanders stuff although he did consent to a WFT jersey!) but this is the problem I have with the stupid rebrand. How can you have a Sean Taylor Washington Commanders jersey, in any colour yet alone black?! He was a Redskins player, and sadly died a Redskins player. It's just wrong.

Not aiming this at you, just the stupid ****ing team.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Respect for everyone’s opinion, but I’m with the people who say commanders has to go. I mean, obviously all that matters is Snyder being gone, but the name commanders will always remind me of the hell he put us through. I would fully support another rebrand, and would gladly buy some new jerseys and stuff with red wolves or whatever else. But I’m never buying commanders gear. If we stick with commanders I guess I’ll have to wear my Darryl green Redskins jersey forever. I’m sure this doesn’t make sense to some, but I have never claimed to be rational when it comes to my feelings for Snyder.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

Really pleased for your son (mine won't wear Commanders stuff although he did consent to a WFT jersey!) but this is the problem I have with the stupid rebrand. How can you have a Sean Taylor Washington Commanders jersey, in any colour yet alone black?! He was a Redskins player, and sadly died a Redskins player. It's just wrong.

Not aiming this at you, just the stupid ****ing team.

Oh, I get it.

Your thoughts mirror what I said to my son, that the Sean Taylor jersey is a cash grab.  We still haven’t agreed to get it and I’m hopeful with all this change potentially coming, he will change his mind.

• Thumb up 1

41 minutes ago, TK said:

***Closes new registrations***

Awww that one lil dude in the twitter thread got caught for subtweeting me, called on it & then blocked me. :ols:  Sensitive lil thing got his feelins hurt. :ols: 

• Haha 11

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Snyder's change of heart came after more owners approached him, sources say

You can't change what you don't have...I'm sure John Riggins would agree.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/sports/riggo-on-snyder-bad-man-with-a-dark-heart/1860369/

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

I think, with all that needs to be done, name and unis rank somewhere in the high 6-900's on the list of Important **** To Do.

yeah there was never a mention of ranking anything in order of "Important things to do"  was there?  or did you just decide to add that?

I think, with all that needs to be done, twisting a post around to fit your narrative ranks pretty much near the bottom. Maybe you can join the transition team after the sale to help out with the "list of important things to do"  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

I wonder if Dan will insist on retaining at least a minority stake in the team.

Unlikely, he's got to go. Hit the road Dan and don't you comeback no more, no more, no more.....

Posted by @Riggo#44

image.png.f037bba1773e5815e1a75d3a267e68

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1