Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

19 hours ago, MIB__KEVIN said:

Hail to the redskins and whoever paid Art Monk, John Riggins, Sonny J, Joe T, the hogs, and Terry M. 

Err, that would be the fans. You know, by purchasing official sponsored products and attending games as well as watching the games on TV (ad revenue and broadcast money).

So you're basically hailing yourself, bro.

Edited by El Mexican

1 hour ago, Redwards said:

I don't care if the new owner is a He or She.  I don't care if they are black, white, brown, blue, purple, yellow, green....I just want the complete antithesis of the scumbag.  We've all been enduring this rainstorm for what seems like centuries now.  But, FINALLY, the clouds are starting to dissipate. 

The Taliban could buy the team and I'd consider it an upgrade. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I am not sure if the new owner will go through another rebrand. However, in my opinion any name Dan didn’t choose is better. We don’t need a permanent mark on the franchise tied to Dan. All association with him needs to be erased forever. The new owner only has a small window of time to do it. Needs to get done. 

Then you're not gonna like hearing about the owner who came up with "Redskins" lol...

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Conn said:

I like this theory:

According to Ben Fischer of Sports Business Journal, multiple owners “have confronted” Snyder privately in recent weeks regarding the question of whether he should cash out and move on. Even more, per the report, have told Commissioner Roger Goodell “that something must give.”

Wednesday’s news came from the “growing consensus” that it’s time.

It’s surprising that Snyder is willing to listen. He had seemed to be determined to refuse to sell, and to embrace the reality that a protracted legal fight would be required to get him to go away. Obviously, something has registered for him in recent days.

I wonder what other owners confronted him. I hope we find out someday.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

Not sacred, not yet, but seriously who in the hell wants to deal with that again, and then all the endless ****ing and moaning that comes when they AGAIN don’t pick Redwolves or “something better”.  Going back to those conversations it’s been well documented I did not like Redwolves, because I didn’t think it was fitting or noble enough for an NFL team.  With that said, I probably would have grown to like the name had it been the choice, but the endless whining over it not being chosen for the last 9 months has made me hate it more than Cowboys.  

I’m not saying they have to. 

im just saying I would. And if whoever buys wants to, they will. This organize needs a total reboot. Nothing is off limits. 

why would you want a new owner saddled with the decisions of snyder? Could you imagine the late 80’s/earlier 90’s vibe, in the modern day dc/northern va/whatever Maryland, ?

done correctly by a smart person and backed up by a quality football product, there’s an amazing amount of money to be made 

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

More like the Washington Powers, as in the seat of power and a play on the "Rings..." series that is costing Bezos billions.

FgqN51AXgAErqAf?format=jpg&name=small

You know what's sad? That logo was done in jest, and it actually looks better than the real one. Of course the Amazon smile was almost certainly designed by a team that actually knew something about graphic design, unlike Mr. and Mrs. Farquaad. Just effing pathetic.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Here’s the link to the Sports Business Journal article:

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/SB-Blogs/Newsletter-Football/2022/11/03.aspx

You know you're a complete basket case when the other owners want you out. They didn’t even push Al Davis out when he went to war with the league. 

Thank you for saving us NFL!

• Like 2

The new owner will have a pretty serious honeymoon period. 

fans will buy gear and pay attention again subconsciously to show everyone exactly how much it was about snyder 

stadium a few years off. New facilities. Renewed sponsorship interest. Enough time to find your gm and coach, make your system and start building it. 

snyder hasn’t won more than 10 games ever. The bar is low. We have nfc east titles at mediocre records. Imagine a team in a new stadium putting up back to back to back double digit seasons. So much potential never realized because there was a buffoon at the top ****ing it all up all the time 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Conn said:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2022/11/2/23437534/daniel-snyder-washington-commanders-potential-transactions

Haven’t even had a chance to read this myself yet, have to hit the hay. But posting anyways because Kevin Clark is one of the greatest longform sports writers we have right now, so I’m sure it’s good. 

Just finished reading it.  It's spot on. 

1 hour ago, Commander PK said:

I still don’t get this irrational obsessive hate from some for Commanders.  It’s better than a slew of other team names across the sports spectrum and it makes sense for D.C.

I can only speak for myself, but I hate the new name, and I don't think it's irrational of me to hate it. I haven't even verbalized the word since they announced it, except for when my wife asked me what they picked on 2/2/22. I won't buy any new merch with that name on it, even if Dan leaves. And this is from someone who didn't feel strongly about any of the other names that were being considered. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Redwards said:

I also hate the name because Dan chose it.  That's the biggest part of it.  I want NOTHING of this team that is a remembrance of that "person".  Not the name, the ****ty ass uniforms, the HORRIBLE "Command the Stands", "Command the Draft", command this, command that.  Just so, so dumb and juvenile.  

Wipe out everything from previous ownership.  Start over.  ALL OF IT GONE.

arnold GIF

In other words... TAKE COMMAND!!!!!! 🤣

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

I can only speak for myself, but I hate the new name, and I don't think it's irrational of me to hate it. I haven't even verbalized the word since they announced it, except for when my wife asked me what they picked on 2/2/22. I won't buy any new merch with that name on it, even if Dan leaves. And this is from someone who didn't feel strongly about any of the other names that were being considered. 

I DETEST the name. This isn't the thread for it, so I won't say more, but I am hoping new ownership changes it whenever it's legit to do so under NFL rules.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled Farquaad being forced out reaction programming. This one is in honor of this week's game against "Kurt".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Sisko said:

You know what's sad? That logo was done in jest, and it actually looks better than the real one. Of course the Amazon smile was almost certainly designed by a team that actually knew something about graphic design, unlike Mr. and Mrs. Farquaad. Just effing pathetic.

This is true and incredibly sad.

1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

Yo Mr. Mexican.

That Kevin clown has been gone all day, banned. 

Got it, bro. 

I was LMAO, though.Some of your replies were brutal.

• Haha 1

Amazon bought the rights to rename the rebuilt Key Arena in Seattle... 

For the longest time, I didnt know WTF this name was about and was confused where Amazon's naming went.

So for all the Bezos stadium renaming ideas, and team names (like Washington Prime, etc).  Just remember that Jeff will probably pick a name about the environment or some other social justice priority.

Enjoy!

Seattle's Climate Pledge Arena makes history

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1