Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, tshile said:

You’re acting like this is some massive hurdle 

a new owner that spends 6-8 billion to replace snyder and clean house, will get a new name if they want one and come up with something that doesn’t suck. 

The absolute last thing the league will want is to willingly allow an owner to snub his nose at the rest of the league simply because he has billions.

8 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

My guess if Bezos really wants the team, it’s his.  Who is going to outbid him?

Musk isn’t bidding for Commies. The guy spent all his money on Twitter.

Bezos can outbid the other billionaires.

Also, those billionaires can wait for Seattle; the next team likely up for sale.

Elon is valued at over 200 billion vs. Bezos's 120 billion.  Even though he bought Twitter for 44 billion, 5 billion is probably chump change for him.  He can outbid Bezos if he really wanted to buy the team.  heck, he can probably buy the NFL!

I would prefer a black owner though.  i honestly think that would be awesome if Washington becomes the first NFL franchise to have a black owner.  it would attract a lot of revenue as well as possible free agents, not to mention good quality coaches. heck, if that happens, I would not be surprised if Deion Sanders becomes a head coach for this team.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 2
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, profusion said:

Money being the most attractive commodity to the folks who'd be voting on this.

How would changing the name bring the other owners any more money?...It's not like Bezos is gonna pay each owner $1billion to get the name changed. And decades of evidence shows that what will bring a franchise more money--and thus the league more money--is more winning...not a 4th new name in 5 years. An argument could be made that it loses them money in this situation.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

3 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

Im up for sticking to talking about the Commanders.

No. What you need to do is stick to talking about the topic in this thread instead - possible selling of the team that is. You can draw parallels to the Packers franchise but not talk about actual games though. There are plenty of other threads for that. Just a tip. 

Edited by zCommander

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

No. What you need to do is stick to talking about the topic in this thread instead - possible selling of the team that is. You can draw parallels to the Packers franchise but not talk about actual games though. There are plenty of other threads for that. Just a tip. 

Ok. I wont even talk about the Packers on this board period. Without looking it up who was the GM before Snyder?

19 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I can and do tolerate a lot of entirely off topic discussion.  I’m also guilty of partaking myself.

But this talk about the Packers is completely absurd.

BFS, when you come across footage of the 1967 Ice Bowl at Lambeau, who do you find yourself cheering for?

7 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

Ok. I wont even talk about the Packers on this board period. Without looking it up who was the GM before Snyder?

Vince Lombardi 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

How would changing the name bring the other owners any more money?...It's not like Bezos is gonna pay each owner $1billion to get the name changed. And decades of evidence shows that what will bring a franchise more money--and thus the league more money--is more winning...not a 4th new name in 5 years. An argument could be made that it loses them money in this situation.

The merchandising revenue is shared. One of the biggest events besides winning the Super Bowl in selling merchandise is new uniforms, new logo or a name change. We have been consistently near the top this year because of the name change in merch sales despite the fan apathy. Another name change would bring with it a ton of revenue for all the owners since they share it. I bought a crap load of Commanders stuff and it’s been less than a season. I am sure they would blowout new merch with another rebrand. No one would be losing money on it. 

6 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

Charley Casserly was our GM at that time. 

What’s with the all the questions tonight? Read the room. We want to poo poo on Snyder in this thread, and fantasize about a return to being a stable organization like your beloved Packers. That’s it. You want to research our history, by all means do so. But don’t be lazy in a thread just cause you want to talk. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, bwattsup said:

Charley Casserly was our GM at that time. 

What’s with the all the questions tonight? Read the room. We want to poo poo on Snyder in this thread, and fantasize about a return to being a stable organization like your beloved Packers. That’s it. You want to research our history, by all means do so. But don’t be lazy in a thread just cause you want to talk. 

Ok I understand. I apologize.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

27 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Why would a new Washington owner have to pay the other owners a billion each in order to change the name? That doesn't make any sense. We went from Redskins, to WFT, to Commanders, in 3 years. I really doubt billions of dollars were lost in that transition.

Seems like the biggest hurdle would be costs related to the existing inventory of merchandise, and perhaps marketing, that retailers/partners/sponsors incurred producing Commanders gear. If a new owner had to buy out the stock of existing merchandise before drawing up new contracts for a potential rebrand, it seems like that cost would be a drop in the bucket compared to the $6-8 billion required to buy the team in the first place.

It's a complicated issue legally I bet, but I'm pretty sure if the new ownership group wants a new name, then we're getting a new name.

Allen needs to jus bend the knee, get with the program, and jump on the Bezos/Jay-Z train as a minority owner.

And if we trying this hard to get off topic, can we get some "Beyonce coming, too" love?

spl746137_018-copy.jpg.e4939581fe947094362db833bc6d3c35.jpg

Mf'rs will lose they mind she come out with the dance team one day, tyin tell ya...

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

I think Bezos is going to help turn you guys into a Superbowl contender by next year.

Uh no.

More than likely the new owner doesn’t take over until late spring; after the draft.

So 23 will be a wash.

It will be 24 when the new owner has his Gm and coach in place.

We have to draft a qb, rebuild the online, fix the secondary, get some linebackers, etc…

No, it will take 2-3 years once the new owners team is in place.  I wouldn’t expect a contending team until 27.

• Thumb up 1