Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't want to offend any of you guys, so I'll ask politely first:  

How many of you guys actually like the Commanders name and would you be upset if the new owner changed it?

Outside of players like Allen, McLaurin, Curl, etc. anything Snyder's grubby little hands touched can go: Rivera, Wright, the name, the uniforms, **** it all. Lets Jay-Zos come in and do what they want.

With new owners, I can honestly, and without reservation say, I trust their judgement. I have goosebumps saying that...and a boner...

• Like 3
  • Haha 8
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

A Bezos + Jay Z ownership group would probably give us the most famous owners in sports, in multiple arenas (Business, Entertainment, Business Entertainment).

You would not have a Bezos-Z ownership group and anything less than industry standard for facilities, staff, stadium, experiences, etc.

It's pretty much the antithesis of Snyder.

While any ownership group other than Snyder will be amazing, the idea of going from Snyder to Bezos-Jay-Z ... we'd literally go from cursed to best situation (off the field) in sports.

Right. Imagine a marquee Free Agent flying on one of Jay Z’s private jets lol. Talk about a competitive advantage. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Right. Imagine a marquee Free Agent flying on one of Jay Z’s private jets lol. Talk about a competitive advantage. 

Our "cool factor" would go from a disheveled little troglodyte to one of, if not THE, baddest-assed owner in sports.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Prime would be just as bad as Commanders. Why would anyone in this day and age want to be named after a shipping service? 

I bet Bezos has ideas if he’s willing to buy as well as Jay Z. Bezos didn’t name his space company Prime, so I don’t see why he would name his football team that either. Supposedly, and with plenty of info that he’s been interested these past couple of years, I bet he’s brain stormed about names and uniforms prior. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Prime would be just as bad as Commanders. Why would anyone in this day and age want to be named after a shipping service? 

I bet Bezos has ideas if he’s willing to buy as well as Jay Z. Bezos didn’t name his space company Prime, so I don’t see why he would name his football team that either. Supposedly, and with plenty of info that he’s been interested these past couple of years, I bet he’s brain stormed about names and uniforms prior. 

Name, branding, stadium location, prospective HC and other FO staff. They will all be well thought through already. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I think folks are joking when saying Prime would be the name. 

Prime Field will probably be a thing though. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

How many of you guys actually like the Commanders name and would you be upset if the new owner changed it?

**** it.

Blow the entire ****ing thing up.  New name, new colors (ESPECIALLY THIS), the works. I don't care if we had four names in five years, **** it. I don't want any ties to the pinnacle of Snyder's destruction.

Of course keep the history, but this rebrand was such a hard fail and is still so recent that a change would be relieving from top to bottom. I'll always love the burgundy and gold, and I'll love whatever we turn to next.

Just don't try to shoehorn in the past 3 years into our history.  Let it be a transition era to a REAL team.

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Name, branding, stadium location, prospective HC and other FO staff. They will all be well thought through already. 

BY PROFESSIONALS! The way that they ****ed up this rebrand SO HARD from the beginning is because of incompetence and arrogance.  Jay-Zos would get real focus groups, real professionals, real designers, everything.

God it feels like winning the Super Bowl if this happens.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

30 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It’s been the name for 9 months. Anyone actually attached to it is going to be attached to whatever the new name is anyways. 

I mean 9 months. And it’s been the worst 9 months of Snyders entire tenure. 

Upset? Get out of here. 😂 

Edited by tshile
  • Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

33 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I imagine a new owner wouldn't want anything to do with the previous regime. Commanders is so generic, has no ingrained fan base, and wasn't particularly well received anyway. I'd be all for another rebrand if a new owner comes in. I imagine there are NFL rules pertaining to this, but I'm sure exceptions could be made to get another rebrand quickly if there's new ownership in place.

Keep the B&G colors, that's all I ask.

Redwolves or Warthogs were my two favorites last year.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I imagine a new owner wouldn't want anything to do with the previous regime. Commanders is so generic, has no ingrained fan base, and wasn't particularly well received anyway. I'd be all for another rebrand if a new owner comes in. I imagine there are NFL rules pertaining to this, but I'm sure exceptions could be made to get another rebrand quickly if there's new ownership in place.

It IS a generic name, but it COULD have been accepted if they had at least come up with a kick-arse logo and uniforms...which Tanya didn't do...because they didn't engage with the NFL or graphic design experts.

I'm sure Bezos/Jay-Z or whoever buys the team won't quibble about paying a few hundred thousdand $$$s to that school in Arkansas for Redwolves!

36 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Yeah sounds like DC has him hooked.  I live in Hampton Roads and have parlayed there both day and night a time or two. Cool town with diverse thought. Rather cosmopolitan indeed, I can see why he’d have affinity for it.  Now he may have a chance for the NFL “room to work him?” Yeah he’s definitely intrigued and I’d imagine will bid hard to acquire the commodes.  Based on the relationships he’s developed at the Post, per the article, I could see him doing some real good with the Commanders.  I remain cautiously optimistic…

• Like 1

Bottom line whoever comes in here whether that be Bezos or someone else, I think its safe to say that we could see a complete breakdown of the team and starting from scratch. That includes name, front office, and stadium. 

And I could see these things happening rather quick. Look at Tepper in Carolina, he came in right away and got rid of Gettlemen and hired Ruhle. He also fired Ruhle on a couple years into his contract. 

Edited by skinsfan93
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, skinsfan93 said:

Bottom line whoever comes in here whether that be Bezos or someone else, I think its safe to say that we could see a complete breakdown of the team and starting from scratch. That includes name, front office, and stadium. 

Can’t wait, it’s what I’m rooting for. Treat it like a new expansion franchise arriving in DC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2

13 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

i think it’s ok to rebrand after the sale of the team. I don’t know for certain, but I remember reading that somewhere.

If little commander was staying, they of course would tell him no. Not because he’sa jerk but the NFL just doesn’t want people changing names constantly.

42 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

As opposed to being named after a rank of a person on a ship owned by a shipping service or government? 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

Why would the NFL approve a sale of a minority stake with the investigations pending and knowing if they don’t Dan will be forced to sell the whole thing? They can easily use the excuse of the pending investigation to vote down any financial transactions that require a league vote.

Also, who is willing to be associated with Dan at this point? Dan also just bought out the 40% stake of his previous minority partners for $1B in loans when interest was historically low. The NFL could require him to close his leveraged position to meet NfL guidelines. So a new minority partner would basically be paying off low interest debt without much of a cash influx for Dan.  

There is no way this is a 50/50 proposition. He would explore a minority stake quietly like the Clearlake capital guys wanted to do with the previous minority owners. This is a sale for the whole thing. There is no putting the genie back in the bottle now either. It’s over. 

1) The question is whether the owners care more about ousting Dan or getting a new stadium. If it's the former, Snyder is sunk. If it's the latter, then this is Snyder's last card to play to save himself.

2) There's a bunch of obscenely wealthy people who probably wouldn't give a **** to be associated w/ Dan bc part-owning a team is cool, they don't want to deal w/ the hassle of being majority owner, and even a Snyder-stained NFL franchise is guaranteed to make money given the revenue-sharing agreement.

3) Publicizing the process is 100% about jacking up bids, whether for partial or full. Snyder/BofA will be considering all options - there's no reason not to.

4) Bezos could offer Snyder a price for a full sale so high that Snyder couldn't refuse. Will he? I don't know. But this is my hope.

Gun to my head, I think this results in a full sale to Bezos and the impetus is Dan's inability to get a stadium deal over the past few years.

That said, I don't think it's the slam-dunk only outcome in play, and I don't want to get my hopes up just to see an announcement on a new minority group. So until then, I am staying medium.

But I - we - can taste freedom. It could happen. It really could happen. We'd finally be free.