Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Perpetually Pissed Philly vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke: The Rematch

TK
Message added by TK,

238171562_ScreenShot2022-01-02at3_49_55PM.thumb.png.173f23c1dd180a90b4d76545c9a7f3b0.png

18 minutes ago, Redwards said:

Turner can't adjust in-game to the opposing D coordinator is doing.  That has nothing to do with the QB.  He just keeps running what the first scripted plays were to open the game.  Jay Gruden did the exact same thing.  Philly adjusted this game to what we were doing and shut us out in the second half.  Turner literally had no answer.  That's a coordinator problem.  The effort from the players was there all game.  We have the same issue with Del Rio

What adjustments should we have made? What adjustments did Philly make? I wasn't watching that closely, so I'd love your insight.

18 minutes ago, Redwards said:

Hell...we haven't had coordinators that could adjust in-game in decades.

Sean McVay nor Kyle Shannahan made adjustments?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Rook said:

As posters are talking about draft position, I'm really curious: 

What, from last year's draft, gives anyone the confidence that this brain trust will make the "solid" picks? (especially QB)

:229:The Rook

Jasmin Davis.  Nope.

Cosmi.  Yup.

Ben St Juste.  Maybe, showed some promise.

Dyami.  Less likely, but hard to know with a QB like Heinicke.  Fitz would have used him better.

Bates.  Yup.

First 5 picks.  2 hits.  2 unclear.  1 probably not (Davis).

As for especially QB?  We're seeing why the FO brought in Fitz and didn't think Heinicke could be the guy.  We're seeing why they tried to swing for Stafford but didn't want to sell out for him.

Nothing looks like a bad move by this FO so far.  Not their fault Fitz injured his hip in a waterpark and then reinjured in like the first drive of the season.  They evaluated their options well.

• Like 1

What an embarrassment, those people falling. Lol, Smh. Pathetic. 

Happy the team came out and played better today. The offense floundered in the second half. Heinicke for his numbers was fine, but really he wasn’t great in the second half at all. 

Defense eventually collapsed. Noticed we had Mayo, Elder, Rotimi/Toohill and Danny Johnson on the field quite a bit today. That can’t ever be a really good thing. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

People, there aren't any good QB's this draft.  We will continue to suck if we draft one of them.   This is NOT the year to draft a franchise QB.....

This is becoming brutally obvious and it makes the decision to not draft one last year a possible crushing blow to Ron's tenure unless he pulls something out of his arce. 

Hate to say it but almost none of our draft picks have hit and we were terrible with our free agent acquisitions.  I'm really interested to see if we sign Terry quickly or if he goes into next year on his rookie deal and wants to hit free agency.

16 minutes ago, Csup said:

Hey man you do you.  If this helps you get through the off-season that's cool.   

Yea, I do belive the journeyman QB is better then guy sleeping on his sister's couch not to long ago.

How much better?  Better then 6-10 at least.

I'm debating making a thread on if this was a playoff team if we didn't have all the injuries and COVID.  Feel fruitless given everyone has injuries and COVID to some degree this year.

Edited by Renegade7

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

This is becoming brutally obvious and it makes the decision to not draft one last year a possible crushing blow to Ron's tenure unless he pulls something out of his arce. 

Hate to say it but almost none of our draft picks have hit and we were terrible with our free agent acquisitions.  I'm really interested to see if we sign Terry quickly or if he goes into next year on his rookie deal and wants to hit free agency.

I disagree with this take. Big time. 

There are no obvious can’t miss prospects. That I’m in agreement with. But if people can’t see potential with Howell, Pickett, Willis and Corral I don’t know what to tell you. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

People, there aren't any good QB's this draft.  We will continue to suck if we draft one of them.   This is NOT the year to draft a franchise QB.....

Kenny Pickett is legit. There are a few others too in my opinion. It's not deep in the least but there are a handful of good looking prospects.

This fan base clamored for a long time to get an experienced coaching staff.  That finally happened, or so we thought, with the hiring of Coach R and Coach Del Rio.  And now they can put on their resume that they got beat twice in the same year by a division rival and rookie NFL quarterback and a defensive coordinator, young enough to be their sons.  lol  So much for experience.  

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

There are probably 6 QB prospects in this draft that would be a day one upgrade over anyone on our roster right now. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

There are no obvious can’t miss prospects. That I’m in agreement with. But if people can’t see potential with Howell, Pickett, Willis and Corral I don’t know what to tell you. 

People are too obsessed with where a player is drafted. Like being a #1 pick automatically makes you the best out of that position. We all know how many #1 draft busts there have been in draft history.

I’ll take the lose. Surprised it was that close. We don’t deserve any better, never thought we would be great but it’s been a major letdown. 

The league also has so much mediocrity it’s shocking, very good chance we end up with 7 wins. That NYG game is going to be a must see classic :rofl89:

Edited by UK SKINS FAN 74

1 minute ago, ClaytoAli said:

Praying that we find someone better than Scott Gruden for OC.

I don’t like some of what he does but you have to give him props for getting 6 wins out of a team with 1 above average receiving option most of the season, a QB who struggles to throw over 20 yards, a RB with terrible vision and an offensive line that has missed its right side most of the season. Assuming they can get some sort of QB upgrade vs 2020 & 2021, 2022 will be a better year to evaluate him

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Well I hope you're right because I like Ron the coach, not so much Ron the GM.

3 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

Why did it take till week 17 to try and forcefeed McLaurin? He's clearly our best WR I don't think it's hard to make an offensive plan featuring him. Atleast he had some catches this week.

It's difficult to forcefeed 1 guy when the person trying to forcefeed has a noodle arm.  You saw how all of that forcefeeding was near the LoS?  Can't drive the ball into tight windows for timing routes.  So the whole forcefeeding concept is extra limited.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

I just saw that lollipop pass that Heinicke threw for an INT to end the game.  Have we seen any QB in the NFL with less velocity on the football?  I don't recall seeing a football travel so slow through the air.

Yeah, it wasn't a great end to the game, but he got lucky with the first INT called back. It was fate. 

The thing I really like about Heinicke is the deception on run plays. That's about it.

It was the right outcome and an entertaining game. I'm good with how that went.

20 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Yea, I do belive the journeyman QB is better then guy sleeping on his sister's couch not to long ago.

How much better?  Better then 6-10 at least.

I'm debating making a thread on if this was a playoff team if we didn't have all the injuries and COVID.  Feel fruitless given everyone has injuries and COVID to some degree this year.

Nah we were never good bruh. 

37 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I think we need to do everything in our power to lose next weeks game. We can get to pick 7. That would all but guarantee us either Picket or Corral most likely. 

Nothing. But you have to start taking shots at the QB position. I dont care if they have to pick one every two years until they find the guy. 

Malik Willis