Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Perpetually Pissed Philly vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke: The Rematch

TK
Message added by TK,

238171562_ScreenShot2022-01-02at3_49_55PM.thumb.png.173f23c1dd180a90b4d76545c9a7f3b0.png

12 minutes ago, BigDibbs31 said:

That has served us well for 30 years 

Just takes one great draft pick to turn a franchise around. One. Uno.

one

[ wuhn ]SHOW IPA

See synonyms for: one / oner / onest on Thesaurus.com

adjective
being or amounting to a single unit or individual or entire thing, item, or object rather than two or more; a single: one woman;one nation;one piece of cake.
Edited by CRobi21
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

In other news… Antonio Brown had a meltdown when Tampa was losing and now Tampa comes back and wins and AB looks even worse.

I’d say we look good in comparison but they won the Super Bowl so…

Yeah. That is probably a career ender for AB. He is a serious cancer for any team he is on. And an eyesore for the league itself. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Burgold said:

Ifs, ands, and buts aside, I think if COVID doesn’t kill this team makes the playoffs. 

I think they exit quickly, but they make it. Now, the question turns to the draft and who we retain and acquire (coach and player version). 

Personally, I think Turner was dealt a bad hand all year and Del Rio played a bad hand all year. I’m not saying Turner is a keeper, but losing Curtis and Logan pretty much all year and McKissic for half a year is like going into a gun fight with a slingshot. 

I agree you have to give everyone some benefit of the doubt because of the personnel situation, but what drives me nuts about Turner can be seen especially on their second to last drive, before the Eagles kicked their last FG. The playcalling in that drive was HORRENDOUS. When you have such a difficult personnel situation, you throw these idiotic "trick" plays into the dumpster and you just keep it simple (which worked great in the first half). You select plays that have a high percentage of being positive plays and a low percentage of being huge negatives. The little screens, the one misdirection play where Taylor faked it to a variety of guys then threw another screen that was blown up for a huge loss ... why? Why call that in that position? Get. Positive. Yards. 

I see a guy who's just like his dad was. Tons of football smarts on paper, but absolutely no understanding of how to call games in crunch time, someone who relies way too much on X's and O's and way too little on what the game situation dictates. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

The reason we lost is really simple.  Our Oline and our Dline played poorly.  They ran at will, and stuffed us at will.  Hurts had a lot more time and space.  

Seriously anyone blaming TH for that is a headcase looking to vent anger because for some reason they thought Ron Rivera and this team was the next coming of Joe Gibbs for some reason.  The team played like it has been all season.  If you swap out a WR, a QB, a TE, whatever, this team isn't much better until the lines are fixed and/or healthy.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Capsman said:

He is not a “really good backup”.  There are backups who may not be consistent or read defenses ideally but at least they have the basic arm talent to make an NFL caliber pass.  Or they are a running threat. Heinicke has the arm of an average high school QB, no longer recognizes or takes advantage of running lanes, and his accuracy is arguably worse than Allen’s was coming out of college.   But Rivera being the utter moron he is still wants to see what he has in  TH.  We would have lost absolutely NOTHING playing Allen and at least might have gotten a few NFL caliber throws. 

Giants fans might disagree. He is a very good back up can come in the middle of a game and win it. Not a franchise QB for sure.

You dont learn anything watching Allen for 2 games, Allen not under contract next year, and I dont know if you noticed the pass blocking Allen would of gotten killed

Edited by TChaler70

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Heinike is a below average NFL QB with a below average arm. No amount of delusion is going to change that. 

So not responding to the point and making a straw man, cute.  No matter how much you hate the guy for some bizarre reason, hes an above average NFL QB with a below average arm and has been one of the few reasons to watch in the past 5 years for true fans.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Heinike is a below average NFL QB with a below average arm. No amount of delusion is going to change that. 

That same dude was posting about how Heineke is elite at handing the ball off, thus crediting him with our run game success.  🤣

Just let him be.

Edit:  I see he referred to him as an above average QB.  My god.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Turner has to deal with Heineken's significant physical limitations.  Give him a QB with an actual NFL arm and see what he can do.  Heineke threw his usual amount of ducks that were lucky not to be picked today.  He's not an NFL starter whatsoever.  

Turner can't adjust in-game to the opposing D coordinator is doing.  That has nothing to do with the QB.  He just keeps running what the first scripted plays were to open the game.  Jay Gruden did the exact same thing.  Philly adjusted this game to what we were doing and shut us out in the second half.  Turner literally had no answer.  That's a coordinator problem.  The effort from the players was there all game.  We have the same issue with Del Rio.

Hell...we haven't had coordinators that could adjust in-game in decades.

Our coordinators are sub-standard...and I have very little belief that Ron is going to see this and do anything about it.  He's loyal to a fault.

• Thanks 1