Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Perpetually Pissed Philly vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke: The Rematch

TK
Message added by TK,

238171562_ScreenShot2022-01-02at3_49_55PM.thumb.png.173f23c1dd180a90b4d76545c9a7f3b0.png

17 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Coaching lost the game so I do not blame B Mitch. The biggest issue for me was why did Ron go for it around mid field? Plenty of time left in the game but he goes for it, taylor throws to a wr that wasn't open and short of the first down. On that play all wr's need to be past the 1st down marker, so Turner you suck. Eagles got a couple first downs and kicked a FG. That made it a 4 point game and that meant our putrid offesne had to score 7. Made no sense but Ron knows what he is doing. 

I agree, in that I thought going for it was stupid.    The Eagles weren’t moving the ball at will, we should have tried to pin them.  There was zero about our offensive performance that said to go for it.

But it’s up to the player to get to the sticks.

9 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Yes, because this thinking keeps the suck going.   We have plenty of other needs on the team that could get much better value at the pick...

Yeah. Investing big in a QB just because you need one is how teams stay bad for so long.

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Brother we have drafted TWO QB's in a decade. TWO. 

It's kind of amazing that you think you've made a huge point here. 

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Coaching lost the game so I do not blame B Mitch. The biggest issue for me was why did Ron go for it around mid field? Plenty of time left in the game but he goes for it, taylor throws to a wr that wasn't open and short of the first down. On that play all wr's need to be past the 1st down marker, so Turner you suck. Eagles got a couple first downs and kicked a FG. That made it a 4 point game and that meant our putrid offesne had to score 7. Made no sense but Ron knows what he is doing. 

I said immediately I would go for it because I had no faith in the defense to get a stop and the likelihood of they punted is a long eagles drive for points.  

So I was fine with that particular decision.

I was less fine with adjusting out of what was working offensively which was spreading the ball around and throwing the ball on early downs to start to go back to the 1950’s run attack which led to nothing, as it usually does.

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

It's kind of amazing that you think you've made a huge point here. 

It is a huge point. The guy is saying we need to draft other positions because they have more value. When in fact we have drafted every other position for a decade and it hasnt made a damn bit of difference. We still suck. How about we act like every other successful franchise in the league and draft a ****ing QB for once that isnt the owners sons friend. At least a little competence would be nice. 

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

It is a huge point. The guy is saying we need to draft other positions because they have more value. When in fact we have drafted every other position for a decade and it hasnt made a damn bit of difference. We still suck. How about we act like every other successful franchise in the league and draft a ****ing QB for once that isnt the owners sons friend. At least a little competence would be nice. 

Well, that's true, I guess.  Repeatedly drafting QBs early is a clear sign of a successful organization.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I agree, in that I thought going for it was stupid.    The Eagles weren’t moving the ball at will, we should have tried to pin them.  There was zero about our offensive performance that said to go for it.

But it’s up to the player to get to the sticks.

Also for JDR this a new NFL for him where teams go for it constantly on 4th down when it is 3 yards or less. You have to change the way you call the D on 3rd down knowing this. The days of calling a play to get to 4 and short is gone and he is way to cnservative which is causing a lot 4th down attempts us.

2 hours ago, Redwards said:

No.  McVay and Shanny were both not know for making in-game adjustments while here.  

Turner went away from running the ball in the second half because Philly was stacking.  He shuts everything down to 5-10 yard reads and pathetic screen pass after screen pass.  As to what adjustments he should have made, that's his job to figure out.  I'm not an O coordinator.  But I can certainly spot when a coordinator is not adjusting and going into a shell because what they did in the first have isn't working anymore.  B. Mitch was saying the exact same thing postgame.   

He has a QB that doesn't threaten down the field and even if he did, he's on his 3rd, 4th, and 5th WRs who couldn't bust a grape earlier in the year, his 3rd string TE, his 3rd and 4th string RBs. I dont know what adjustments he's supposed to make calling plays with one arm tied behind his back, essentially.  I actually give Turner credit for calling plays to the talent he has, such that it is.  I mean, look at the offensive box score for the game and tell me it's not a who's who of total jabronies, not named Mclaurin.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, justice98 said:

He has a QB that doesn't threaten down the field and even if he did, he's on his 3rd, 4th, and 5th WRs who couldn't bust a grape earlier in the year, his 3rd string TE, his 3rd and 4th string RBs. I dont know what adjustments he's supposed to make calling plays with one arm tied behind his back, essentially.  I actually give Turner credit for calling plays to the talent he has, such that it is.  I mean, look at the offensive box score for the game and tell me it's not a who's who of total jabronies, not named Mclaurin.  

C'mon now, don't let facts get in the way of a good schtick!

8 hours ago, TK said:

Here's some actual facts about the camera guy getting hit from someone that actually been there, done that & got a scar to prove it. :) 

On field media has to stay behind yellow line- Broadcast tv cameras are allowed to stay in front of the yellow line so that the rest of us down there aren't in their shot- otherwise you guys wouldn't see a game but rather the back of @themurf, @Spaceman Spiff, or myself's heads. :) 

To be working down on the field, during a game you have to sign a LIABILITY WAIVER- meaning if what happened to their camera guy Jimmy, he can't sue & is responsible to pay for his own medical.

In 10 years of on field coverage, I had several near collisions- Marcus Washington at OTAs, RG3 on a MNF opener against Philly, got hurdled by Gronk in the endzone in NE, & hit once. The hit was a preseason game in NE. It was a blindside hit on a kick return. A Pats player hit me & bounced off me. The hit didn't move me. I ended up catching a cleat down the side of my leg & getting it ripped opened. May have been about a 6 inch cut. I told him he hit like puss which popped the 980 & Comcast guys there. @KDawg was up in the box during this. I think he saw it once we got back to the hotel. 

Wanted to chime in on this, 8 hours late.

I've had a few near misses, nothing as bad as what happened today.  I've never really seen it happen, either, certainly not to the extent of what happened today.    More than anything, it's been errant passes that are the most dangerous, IMO.  I can't remember the game or who threw it, but there was a pass that short hopped me, bounced up and hit me in the side of the thigh.  Had I not been paying attention, it would have been straight to the nuts but I turned to the side and deflected it.

Today was, IMO, a freak accident.  Even though RSJ was right in that guys camera frame, I don't think he was paying close attention or else he'd have seen him coming.  You can hang in there a little bit on a guy coming straight at you to the sideline but, like a quarterback, you hear the footsteps and realize just how close those guys are and move out of the way.  After watching that replay I think that guy had his camera up but was looking somewhere else other than his viewfinder.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

It would be great to find a good QB in the draft, but from what I gather the crop this year isn't worth it. 

Drafting a mediocre QB who may not get us but a couple extra wins IMO is wasting the pick.  7-10 or 8-9 isn't worth it, but finding a good safety, WR or lineman would be more beneficial. If DelTaco is here next year I wouldn't get my hopes up, and the few good players on the team now could become irritated that the organization isn't addressing issues and may want out.