Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Perpetually Pissed Philly vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke: The Rematch

TK
Message added by TK,

238171562_ScreenShot2022-01-02at3_49_55PM.thumb.png.173f23c1dd180a90b4d76545c9a7f3b0.png

1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

A game over .500 isn’t good.

An actual good team that got decimated was the Ravens imo. Today they lost by 1 without their star QB. That’s a good team that was super unlucky. If we played the Rams we get blown out.   

i think we are a mediocre team. 

Respectfully, he never said it was good.  He said it was reasonable, especially when you looked at the schedule.  Also, who thought Washington was as good as Baltimore?

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Unfortunately, I think mediocre is our ceiling. Much of the year we were awful. 

Until we get some one more consistent under center. I've said all year Heinicke is a great story and a fun player, but he's a back up. He put up a couple of 50/50 balls today, one was picked but called back on a penalty, another went to RSJ. The final INT was a horribly thrown ball. I can get behind some of Turner's decisions, as well as some criticism, but until he isn't hamstrung at the most important position, it's not really fair to make any kind of definitive judgement.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Until we get some one more consistent under center. I've said all year Heinicke is a great story and a fun player, but he's a back up. He put up a couple of 50/50 balls today, one was picked but called back on a penalty, another went to RSJ. The final INT was a horribly thrown ball. I can get behind some of Turner's decisions, as well as some criticism, but until he isn't hamstrung at the most important position, it's not really fair to make any kind of definitive judgement.

What surprised me is how big a hit this team took when McKissic went out. The offense really fell off a cliff without him. 

I do wonder what we would have looked like with Logan Thomas, McKissic, and Curtis Samuel. Clearly, Simms, Brown, and Humphries weren’t ready or couldn’t step up to number two. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

We were dominated by their lines; which is supposed to be OUR strength.  :(

Yep, except our lines weren’t our lines. We were playing our fourth string center, our back up tackle, and fourth string guard (not sure if Charles rates at fourth string, but maybe?)

I’m not sure what to say about the D line. We are only one man down. They should be much better. I suspect part of the answer is linebacker play, but that line should not be blown apart in the middle every fourth and one. 

Edited by Burgold
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

What surprised me is how big a hit this team took when McKissic went out. The offense really fell off a cliff without him. 

I do wonder what we would have looked like with Logan Thomas, McKissic, and Curtis Samuel. Clearly, Simms, Brown, and Humphries weren’t ready or couldn’t step up to number two. 

I've been praising JDM for a while now, saying things like they need to use him a lot more. As soon as they start using him more, my man goes down. Thats been the story of this team this year: starter gets hurt, backup comes in, does pretty well, goes down. Next man comes in, goes down. You can't sustain a winning season like that, even if you're good. We're not good. I think our biggest mistake was putting too much on Gibson to be our entire running game. I don't really think he should be our lead back at all.

31 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

A game over .500 isn’t good.

An actual good team that got decimated was the Ravens imo. Today they lost by 1 without their star QB. That’s a good team that was super unlucky. If we played the Rams we get blown out.   

i think we are a mediocre team. 

Fair, thats still better then 6-10, bout to be 6-11.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

We were dominated by their lines; which is supposed to be OUR strength.  :(

The offensive line of Leno, Charles, Ismael, Scherff and Lucas was never expected to be our line.  

Flowers was playing very well at LG, and he was out. Charles, who is the 3rd string backup guard was playing. Because the backup guard, Wes Schweitzer is on IR.

Rouiller might have been playing the best in the line, he’s gone.  His backup, Larsen is on IR.  Schweitzer, who was third string center and backup guard is gone. Which leaves your 4th string center Ismael. Who should not be playing. 

Cosmi was also out.  Which isn’t as much of a big deal because Leno has played fairly well in relief, but he’s still not the starter.

So, I would expect the Eagles DL to dominate that OL.

On the other side of the ball, I honestly don’t even know who we had playing at DE.  I thought Allen/Payne/Ioannidis played well, all things considered.  But it’s tough when you are down to your 5-8 DEs.  

You can argue things weren’t better with Montez and Chase, but they both have more talent than the guys who were playing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MassSkinsFan said:

I’m hoping we can find this year’s Josh Johnson for the last game, and give Heinicke the week off. 

OR

Let’s start Dan Snyder at QB. He will wear #9 and, hopefully, a single-bar face mask. 

I prefer B, Josh got shut out for his season finale.

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

BMitch blamed coaching, you don’t say?

I didn’t need to watch the post game show to know that BMitch was going to blame coaching.  It’s what he does.

This is very true.  🤣

To be fair to B Mitch, he blames players a lot.  I mean A LOT.  

The reality is that it's all of them.  Not just one group.  But that's the case with every sports team that struggles perennially.  Everyone needs to improve.  

3 hours ago, NickyJ said:

I just want to see if Kyle is more deserving of the clipboard next season. I expect it'll be Heinicke, but I feel bad for Kyle that his knee got KOed last season and that he's been passed over ever since. For maximum draft pick potential, Kyle Shurmur gets what Gilbert denied him last Philly game.

It's not either/or.  They're gonna need both of them.  Or more than one backup QB, at least.  

Coaching lost the game so I do not blame B Mitch. The biggest issue for me was why did Ron go for it around mid field? Plenty of time left in the game but he goes for it, taylor throws to a wr that wasn't open and short of the first down. On that play all wr's need to be past the 1st down marker, so Turner you suck. Eagles got a couple first downs and kicked a FG. That made it a 4 point game and that meant our putrid offesne had to score 7. Made no sense but Ron knows what he is doing. 

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

You mean like we have been disappointed for the past 25 years? That kind of disappointment?

Yes, because this thinking keeps the suck going.   We have plenty of other needs on the team that could get much better value at the pick...