Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Mike McCarthy's Big Dumb Mouth vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke

TK
Message added by TK,

1368191960_ScreenShot2021-12-12at4_31_27PM.thumb.png.ed680fcccce67b2130c8911c88a5dcbe.png

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

He's what Chase Young was advertised to be.  

I don't want to hear it from anyone, I know it's not like we had a choice to pick Parsons over Young...that's not what I'm saying, so for those of you who have reading comprehension issues, don't tell me that's what I meant.

I meant that Chase Young was advertised as a generational talent, some impact defensive player who'd terrorize offenses for years to come, rack up sack totals and be a cornerstone for us.  And he's not.  

And Parsons is.  And it sucks.  

Yup, that's what I've been thinking every time Parsons is mentioned.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

And Turner is letting them by being completely predictable.  

I am not on your Turner is to blame for this drill.  To each their own but I don’t feel like debating it. We are on different planets on that one.

There is an obvious formula to stop this offense and that formula is a product of their personnel not scheme IMO.  I referenced it some on the QB thread this morning.

I’m worried about the OL. They’ve been terrible two weeks in a row now. I understand there’s injuries but OL lines are prevalent in the NFL. They can’t play like this and expect much. 

They’ve won too many games to throw in the towel, too. So they better figure this **** out.

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

He's what Chase Young was advertised to be.  

I don't want to hear it from anyone, I know it's not like we had a choice to pick Parsons over Young...that's not what I'm saying, so for those of you who have reading comprehension issues, don't tell me that's what I meant.

I meant that Chase Young was advertised as a generational talent, some impact defensive player who'd terrorize offenses for years to come, rack up sack totals and be a cornerstone for us.  And he's not.  

And Parsons is.  And it sucks.  

I agree, Chase has a motor issue and just doesn't have that hunger to get a sack like Parsons has. We really blew it with that pick considering what else we could have had instead. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not on your Turner is to blame for this drill.  To each their own but I don’t feel like debating it. We are on different planets on that one.

There is an obvious formula to stop this offense and that formula is a product of their personnel not scheme IMO.  I referenced it some on the QB thread this morning.

Don’t give the OL a free pass.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Obviously that formula is not working.

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

They’re watching a rookie pass rusher dismantle our offense the way we hoped Sweat and Young would against opposing teams. It makes perfect sense, we’ve spent premium resources to not get that sort of impact—it hurts 

This is a fair enough point.

2 minutes ago, Rhazaghul said:

This team has quit...lucky to be saved by a hold on that big throw against Fuller.  Can't say I blame them at this point.  They are playing 2 teams today.  Dallas and the officials.  Hard to get into a game that is being controlled with flags all the time.

Lol “this team got lucky with a penalty against the cowboys because it’s obvious the refs aren’t gonna call penalties against the cowboys”

3 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

I won’t call this a choke Job unless they get blown away. 
we have to change up our game plan to work around what Dallas is doing

So what’s the answer for that then?

Its easy to just say “change the game plan” but when you’re line is getting whipped and your QB is putting it up for grabs on the reg - I’m not sure there is a remedy for that.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome