Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Mike McCarthy's Big Dumb Mouth vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke

TK
Message added by TK,

1368191960_ScreenShot2021-12-12at4_31_27PM.thumb.png.ed680fcccce67b2130c8911c88a5dcbe.png

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

The schedules are set in advance. You play your division, one other division in your conference which rotates(NFC South), one division in the AFC that rotates(AFC West), and three teams that finished in the same standing as you did(two from the NFC divisions you don't play, one from an AFC division, which because we finished 1st means the Packers, Seahawks, and Bills. We actually lucked out that the Seahawks and Bills are weaker this year than last year).

It was literally impossible for us to face the Jets or Lions because we won our division and were not set to play the AFC East or NFC North.

Its mind boggling to me that supposed fans still don't understand how NFL schedules are made.

Oh, I understand how it works. That was just random whining. On the other hand, the Eagles did play the Jets this year. So, it wasn't impossible. NFC East teams did get the Jets. Just not us.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

thats 4. FOUR. Out of 17. 

I wonder (and am not willing to do the research) how that stacks up. By the way, did you include games where teams played us after they played a Thursday game, too?

Since I'm grumbling and not serious, I didn't check.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I wonder (and am not willing to do the research) how that stacks up. By the way, did you include games where teams played us after they played a Thursday game, too?

Since I'm grumbling and not serious, I didn't check.

Yep, 3 out of the 4 opponents we played that had extra rest played TNF (or thanksgiving afternoon football in the raiders case). Those 3 teams were the broncos, raiders, and cowboys. only team coming out of a bye week that we face (i dont include Tampa cause they shared a bye week with us, so that’s equal rest) is Philly, the first time we play them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, petey hodge said:

It did make me laugh when I saw Phila playing at the JETS.  Man, we need a few of those high calorie/low protein "cupcake" teams to snack on this year.

A game between WFT vs the Lions or the JETS would likely still come down to a FG at the end.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1