Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Mike McCarthy's Big Dumb Mouth vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke

TK
Message added by TK,

1368191960_ScreenShot2021-12-12at4_31_27PM.thumb.png.ed680fcccce67b2130c8911c88a5dcbe.png

3 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Kyle has a turnover issue 

I loved that post into the Heinicke thread, my bad on that.

Heinicke is awful at QB, he does have guts and has the gamer gene but he's awful at the basics of being a QB like leading WR's and throwing with pace and accuracy. I can barely stand to see him throw anymore of the ducks.

Its not just this week, its all year.

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Why hasn’t the special teams coach fixed this?

I’m sure he IS working to fix it, but we cut our longtime veteran long snapper to save a little salary, and now we’re living through the growing pains of a rookie with a dumb name. What are they gonna do, if they think the kid has potential to be the long term answer? You can’t exactly bench the longsnapper. 

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I think that post was overstating how much Allen did. However, he did also did throw a good out pass to the sideline with some really nice zip on it. Those are the throws that Heinicke struggles with due to limited arm talent.

How was I overstating anything. I simply said Allen made 2 throws that Heinike is incapable of making. 

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Of course it was unlikely. But if Carter catches that ball and the Allen fumble never happens and they actually score that TD and win…it’s stolen, sure, but it’s earned in that situation, in the face of a lot of adversity (some of it self-inflicted). To me that’s just the NFL. Don’t mistake it for me thinking this is a good team—it isn’t. I wrote long paragraphs earlier in this thread about how often this miserable team lets us down just as soon as they inspire even the slightest of expectations. I think this is mostly semantics and I probably don’t disagree with you that strongly. Sorry for saying it was dumb 👍 

It’s always nice to steal a game but it’s easier to justify a bad loss through ineptitude on the field than losing to a better team.

5 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

no—hold was fine. We have a major issue on special teams. We’ve had 6 or 7 blocked kicks on short extra points. This is both a technique and schematic issue. Bringing in a rookie like cheese man as a long snapper who can’t hold his ground after the snap is the issue. 

All the others were BLEWITT. His kicks were all line drives 

2 minutes ago, Butchie_T said:

I don't see this team coming close to 2-3 over the next games. They may beat the Giants, but Dallas and Philly twice, not likely. 

We aren’t beating Dallas. 1 more loss there. We will at least split with Philly: 1-1. We will beat Giants.

We are 6-7, 5-3. A 2-2 finish gets to 8-9,7-5.  Chance that might still yield a 7th wild card.

We either sneak in or just barely miss the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I promised sir cooleyfan I'd reveal my winning streak ritual on a loss.

by half time in every game, I mute the television and listen to music with the game. 

started  because annoying announcers, but I'll do it now even if I dig the announcers.

Of course I wanted a win, but I'm not even mad about this loss.  Dallas looked like clowns against our injured defense.  Washington is a QB away, and the defense looked great.  Plus still in it for this season, but I'll be happy with just 2-3 more wins.   If it's still not there in two years, or if next season is absolutely horrible, that's when I'd panic.

I'm not a "brightside" kind of person, just like to take a step back and be as objective as possible.

This should have been like the Chiefs - Raiders blowout.  No way should we have a chance to tie it up late.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

How was I overstating anything. I simply said Allen made 2 throws that Heinike is incapable of making. 

I don't think those are throws that TH is incapable of making, but they're throws that he struggles with due to a below average arm. He can get the ball there (we've seen him do it) but it usually is either a bit late or doesn't have enough mustard on it, which allows the DB to catch up.

I mean their D-line and O-lines are both decimated. I understand the "next man up" mentality, but at a certain point it's not realistic that your 3rd. 4th, (and beyond) options are going to be able to come into the game and perform well against the other team's starters.  Maybe on individual plays where starters are briefly resting, sure, but for the entire game? No way.  

The reason the game was as close as it was is because that is the Dallas Cowboys, they are better than the mediocre and .500 teams, but they get way too much shine from the media about being contenders.  They simply aren't at the level of the other top teams.

• Like 2

Just now, clskinsfan said:

well, that just screams over the top insane frothing to me

but i've been traumatized by 15 years of gameday threads and 60 years of being a fan of this team

also by years of  tk posting pics of him wearing wwe 'costumes' in the mods only thread

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

3 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:
1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Watching the Bills and the Bucs blitzed so Allen just threw it away instead of stressing his line and taking a sack. Impressive.

Yep but none of our qbs can do

that 

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

well, that just screams over the top insane frothing to me

but i've been traumatized by 15 years of gameday threads and 60 years of being a fan of this team

also by years of  tk posting pics of him wearing wwe 'costumes' in the mods only thread

Please tell me there’s one of him as Doink.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

It is very hard to please mistertim even you are agreeing with him. :rofl89:

Hey man, I'm mostly defending your guy in my response!    :ols:

I'm saying TH can make those throws, but sometimes they're a bit late due to arm strength limitations.

• Haha 2

Just now, mistertim said:

I don't think those are throws that TH is incapable of making, but they're throws that he struggles with due to a below average arm. He can get the ball there (we've seen him do it) but it usually is either a bit late or doesn't have enough mustard on it, which allows the DB to catch up.

Also I think some folks are not understanding that a 25 yard pass to a soft zone is a lot different than a 25 yard pass lofted on a tight rainbow trajectory against man coverage where only the WR can make it.  People just see "25 yard throw" and assume they are the same throw, but they are very different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are so beaten up it's amazing we gave ourselves a chance today. Start Kyle next week, he deserves it and TH is beaten up. I was afraid these division games might be too big for TH right now and he was not good today. In my mind we needed to split this week and next to be in good shape, still holds true. Beat the Eagles next week and we're fine. We need to get healthy and I don't know if we will. Love how we fought til the end today, Greg Olson was all over it too.

• Like 1

Just now, kingdaddy said:

We are so beaten up it's amazing we gave ourselves a chance today. Start Kyle next week, he deserves it and TH is beaten up. I was afraid these division games might be too big for TH right now and he was not good today. In my mind we needed to split this week and next to be in good shape, still holds true. Beat the Eagles next week and we're fine. We need to get healthy and I don't know if we will. Love how we fought til the end today, Greg Olson was all over it too.

Absolutely not. It’s Taylor’s team for the rest of the season, good or bad. You don’t just bench him because he had a bad game. You wanna know if he’s the guy? Let him show what he can do over the next 4 games.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

We aren’t beating Dallas. 1 more loss there. We will at least split with Philly: 1-1. We will beat Giants.

We are 6-7, 5-3. A 2-2 finish gets to 8-9,7-5.  Chance that might still yield a 7th wild card.

We either sneak in or just barely miss the playoffs.

Win next week and we can sweep the Eagles...finish 3-2 and easily make the playoffs.