Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Mike McCarthy's Big Dumb Mouth vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke

TK
Message added by TK,

1368191960_ScreenShot2021-12-12at4_31_27PM.thumb.png.ed680fcccce67b2130c8911c88a5dcbe.png

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Allen may not be better than Heineke. But he made 2 throws in the past 2 drives that Heinike is incapable of making. 

Did he? I didn’t see Allen do anything even slightly resembling better than Heinicke. But we all see what we want to, I guess. 

Well, that pass to Carter WAS beautiful and Heinicke doesn’t do that. So I guess there’s one thing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Ref's owe use one.

Seriously. 

Cams TD was called incomplete. Our rushers broke the plane three times before refs conceded a TD. Allen’s intention was to throw, but it probably still was a fumble. Still, awful game by the refs (Sorry Jumbo) I mean they hit our punter twice. First time, no call and second was somehow not deemed roughing. 

Dallas was the better team. We were lousy on offense. Refs didn’t need to help. Boy, did they help. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You wouldn’t have put him in because he’s better than Heinicke, though. Heinicke didn’t look right and had taken a few hits. You pull him to prevent mental damage in the Dallas game and to prevent injury. 

Allen isn’t better than Heinicke. And he won’t be on the roster next year. 

He might be. This year he was an exclusive rights free agent, so he’ll be a low value RFA this upcoming offseason I think.

51 minutes ago, zskins said:

His players have said as long as TH gives them a chance to make a play on the ball they will. 

It's not about whether they will or won't, it's about being forced to do it because the QB can't make the routine throws when they are behind the defense. 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You wouldn’t have put him in because he’s better than Heinicke, though. Heinicke didn’t look right and had taken a few hits. You pull him to prevent mental damage in the Dallas game and to prevent injury. 

In a playoff hunt, I typically don't see teams pull their QB to protect them from anything.  We can't really stop him from getting hit, at some point it is what it is, Allen jus as big a risk to get hurt in this case

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Allen isn’t better than Heinicke. And he won’t be on the roster next year. 

This is if we bring someone else in, which I wouldn't blame them for after today, even if we win out after this

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This is dumb. If Carter catches that pass and then hypothetically Allen throws a dart to the endzone for the TD, then of course they’d deserve to win (if they finished it) and build their resume, that’s how the NFL works. This isn’t a good team but they’d have persevered and finally played opportunist football to the end against a better team in Dallas. And they’d be one W closer to a potential division championship that they could build on. 

None of that happened, but if it did, they’d have deserved the damn W. The way you know they didn’t deserve it is that they didn’t ****ing do it. 

Sometimes you win games you don’t deserve to ajd sometimes you lose games you should have won. Going down 24-0, blowing momentum on the AG fumble, the blocked XP, the offside Payne giving the cowboys a second chance on third down, the Allen fumble… that’s an unrealistic game to win if you factor in all of that.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

In a playoff hunt, I typically don't see teams pull their QB to protect them from anything.  We can't really stop him from getting hit, at some point it is what it is, Allen jus as big a risk to get hurt in this case

This is if we bring someone else in, which I wouldn't blame them for after today, even if we win out after this

You can pull him because he’s ineffective and banged up and jittery, though. And we’re really not a playoff team. We’re a team in the playoff hunt that has overachieved.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1