Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Mike McCarthy's Big Dumb Mouth vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke

TK
Message added by TK,

1368191960_ScreenShot2021-12-12at4_31_27PM.thumb.png.ed680fcccce67b2130c8911c88a5dcbe.png

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

You’re wrong. Note the announcement said the play stands as called, not the ruling is confirmed. If that was called incomplete initially, the would have been now overturn.

I’m not wrong but I appreciate the opinion.

Just now, KDawg said:

Not sure what the relevance here is. I’m saying what I would do. Not what I think Washington would. 

Okay, so I disagree with you on a discussion board and Rivera disagrees with you on the field, if it doesn't matter to you, thats fine, im mad, too

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

This was a big game for me buying into Heinicke being a possible starter and the team not having to be as focused or feeling pushed into finding a starting QB in free agency or the draft.  We're on a 4 game win streak against our biggest rival at home, he has to win this game if he wants the job and not only did that not happen but he crashed and burned and I'm tired of watching his limp dick passes.  

He's a good guy, a great story, can be a great backup for us but IMO that's it.  I doubt my mind changes unless he runs the table.

I would like to see Kyle Allen, he may or may not have the gamer gene like Heinicke but I like the zip and accuracy of his passes.

Kyle has a turnover issue 

1 minute ago, tomwvr said:

Does Allen have a better arm - yes

does Allen have the “it” factor no

they both have positives and negatives. 

Announcers were talking about being Allens team mate and how he was ****y and totally had that it factor. He's Heinicke, if Heinicke was an NFL QB.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

He also ripped a 25 yard deep out on the previous drive that Heinike has no chance of throwing. I am not here to blast Heinike. He is what he is. An exciting player with limited arm talent. 

I think the ball was poorly placed on that out.

I’m not here to defend Heinicke. He stunk. Really bad. We need a franchise guy. Just don’t see a path to one that doesn’t damage this franchise long term. That’s the concern.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Not likely. For it to be downhill we would have to go 1-4 or 0-5.  

At worst we should go 2-3. Losing to Dallas again and Philly once. We should beat Philly at least once and sweep the Giants. 8-9, 7-5 might still get us the 7th wild card if the other teams do just as bad.

I don't see this team coming close to 2-3 over the next games. They may beat the Giants, but Dallas and Philly twice, not likely. 

1 minute ago, tomwvr said:

Does Allen have a better arm - yes

does Allen have the “it” factor no

they both have positives and negatives. 

Of for sure, definitely agree with this and I was more just comparing/contrasting the two of them against each other and not making any grand statements for their status as a future QB for the team.  

I'm actually not as down on Kyle Allen as the rest of you. I think he and Heinicke are neck and neck for how they can push the team, but in totally different parts of their QB skills. Allen can throw down the field better than Heinicke can, and I think it showed on the dropped pass by Carter when Allen got him in-stride. Even so, Heinicke has gotten the team to rally around him and made it work for 4 games in a row.

Allen hasn't gotten the chance to do that, but this late in the season, there's no time to prove it. So do you mess with what worked in a 4 game stretch where we beat the reigning Super Bowl champions? Probably not.

Allen screwed up, but I don't think it's enough to say that he can't even function as a backup on this team. It's enough to say that you shouldn't roll the dice on him when there's still a chance of a playoff run.

Edited by NickyJ

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

It looked like the hold was bad. Ball looked tilted downwards making a line drive more possible.

no—hold was fine. We have a major issue on special teams. We’ve had 6 or 7 blocked kicks on short extra points. This is both a technique and schematic issue. Bringing in a rookie like cheese man as a long snapper who can’t hold his ground after the snap is the issue. 

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Okay, so I disagree with you on a discussion board and Rivera disagrees with you on the field, if it doesn't matter to you, thats fine, im mad, too

I still have no idea what your point is. Is it that you are saying I’m wrong because Rivera and you disagree with me? If so, okay. But people say things here that are correct all the time and opposite what the team does. So… to each their own.

I’m not mad. I don’t have expectations for this franchise.

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Sometimes you win games you don’t deserve to ajd sometimes you lose games you should have won. Going down 24-0, blowing momentum on the AG fumble, the blocked XP, the offside Payne giving the cowboys a second chance on third down, the Allen fumble… that’s an unrealistic game to win if you factor in all of that.

Of course it was unlikely. But if Carter catches that ball and the Allen fumble never happens and they actually score that TD and win…it’s stolen, sure, but it’s earned in that situation, in the face of a lot of adversity (some of it self-inflicted). To me that’s just the NFL. Don’t mistake it for me thinking this is a good team—it isn’t. I wrote long paragraphs earlier in this thread about how often this miserable team lets us down just as soon as they inspire even the slightest of expectations. I think this is mostly semantics and I probably don’t disagree with you that strongly. Sorry for saying it was dumb 👍