Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Mike McCarthy's Big Dumb Mouth vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke

TK
Message added by TK,

1368191960_ScreenShot2021-12-12at4_31_27PM.thumb.png.ed680fcccce67b2130c8911c88a5dcbe.png

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Have to run the ball to protect our lack of QB. Didn't stay with the run enough and then when it finally got going, AG blows it again.

I liked a little bit of what I saw out of Johnathan Williams in the 4th. I would like to see him get some more touches throughout the rest of the season. 

i notice a number of folks are struggling to competently use the quote feature today

i'm sure your fellow members won't take that as reflective of your critical thinking skills and analytical prowess in the topics at hand

(cough)

😁

5 minutes ago, Tonysoprano1 said:

One thing, despite totally inept offense and QB play, we only list by 7, and should have been just 6

Dallas took the feet off the gas somewhat in the 2nd half. But their offense wasn't as impressive as I thought they would be.

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i notice a number of folks are struggling to competently use the quote feature today

i'm sure your fellow members won't take that as reflective of your critical thinking skills and analytical prowess in the topics at hand

(cough)

You didn't quote the people who are struggling. The struggle is real. 

(cough)

:ph34r: :P

Edited by zskins

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I liked a little bit of what I saw out of Johnathan Williams in the 4th. I would like to see him get some more touches throughout the rest of the season. 

Eh. He looked ok but this was against a defense playing against deep plays so they were perfectly content giving him 7-8 yards per

2 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Heineke looked like Russel Wilson did against Washington. The Dallas defense had a much better plan than the Washington offense. 

We struggle against teams that like to play man coverage and bring pressure. The Packers, Saints, and Chiefs were all similar styles of D and they all shut us down as well.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Tonysoprano1 said:

One thing, despite totally inept offense and QB play, we only list by 7, and should have been just 6

Or 5, considering the refs practically handed Dallas one more point because of a bogus roughing call. (Sorry, I know it’s illegal to complain about the refs here)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

As far as benching TH I agree...let him finish out the season. No reason to bench him now. Allen is ok but clearly not the answer either. One thing I would say though, since you brought up "should have" been picked passes. Heinicke had at least 2 or 3 other INTs that were dropped as well.

I agree that he had a bad game no question and he could have had some more picks too. I do wonder if he makes those desperate throws if hes not feeling the heat so much. Our run game needs to work for this offense to work and compliment taylor imo. After a humbling loss like that im very interested to see how he bounces back, i think hes a gamer and will play better. Atleast i hope lol.  

22 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

Or 5, considering the refs practically handed Dallas one more point because of a bogus roughing call. (Sorry, I know it’s illegal to complain about the refs here)

i think it's good for you that we don't make it 'illegal' to ever make incorrect, gratuitous, and even stupid comments, or to flag some sharpie who habitually (<---key word) use one of the 'reaction' emojis--like 'confused--on posts he disagrees with but aren't confusing at all, yet doesn't engage the posters directly about his 'confusion' :) 

do yourself a favor---don't respond or react to this post and since you wanted attention and now have it, do quit with the specific form of nonsense i just alluded to :) 

24 minutes ago, Redwolves92 said:

I agree that he had a bad game no question and he could have had some more picks too. I do wonder if he makes those desperate throws if hes not feeling the heat so much. Our run game needs to work for this offense to work and compliment taylor imo. After a humbling loss like that im very interested to see how he bounces back, i think hes a gamer and will play better. Atleast i hope lol.  

IMO, it's not just a bad game but he had a bad game for several reasons, some not his fault but some because he made poor decisions or poor throws. There is plenty of reason to bench TH next week if the film shows how he didn't make plays and Allen looked more decisive. 

No one is a bigger fan of TH than I am but I'm starting to see that he is more grit and determination than actual NFL QB skills. Allen is a veteran who throws a nice ball with quicker decisions, not to mention he has wheels too. This is how we roll, QB by committee and it's Allens turn to take the wheel for awhile so TH can heal up and catch his breath. That being said, I have not lost faith in TH, just feel like he needs a breather and Kyle is just as good of an option heading into Philly.

14 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

He did let us down. He should flog himself in the public square as punishment for that terrible showing. Get healthy and get revenge in two weeks. You can't lay another egg against this team.

When WFT cut the lead to 27-14 with 5 minutes left, I told my friend that Rivera needed to immediately start using timeouts when Dallas got the ball. Dallas runs on first down and the clock keeps ticking.  Of course Dak's ill-advised throw bails us out, but still. Does any coach in the league know clock management?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Have to run the ball to protect our lack of QB. Didn't stay with the run enough and then when it finally got going, AG blows it again.

Agree.  I said before the game this should be a good test for him because I liked Dallas chances to make them one dimensional and then tee off.

I get some bemoaning the offensive line and I agree to an extent.  But Heinicke IMO played a major part in this loss including the poor play by the O line IMO.  IMO there is a chicken-egg aspect of it.    And I alluded to this point before the game. 

A.  If you don't think a QB can beat you in the air in a shoot out and they need the running game to lead the charge then....

B.  Sell out to stop the run and hope the QB while you are doing so doesn't take advantage of it.

C.  If you can sell out to stop the run and the Qb doesn't exploit that and you can build a lead then typically checkmate because...

D.  Now you got the QB having to throw a lot to catch up -- that helps the pass rush when they can just tee off on every play and in turn makes it difficult for the O line. 

The turnovers and Taylors lackluster player helped make it harder for the O line.   Other than that, they have their 4th string backup playing center and a backup RT -- and they played back to back games against teams with stud pass rushers.  Dallas with Lawrence, Parsons, Gregory on the field at the same time is what we thought we had with our pass rushers at the start of the season.  They are a handful.  But Taylor IMO wasn't a victim, he played a large part in this loss IMO. 

58 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Gibson isn't a bellcow and we need to stop using him like one. I can understand to an extent because McKissic is out but still we gotta figure something out.

To me this is more about an off season discussion.  Since when you don't have that bellcow on the roster, then what's the alternative?  

He was if I recall first or 2nd in ther NFC in yards and has one of the highest broken tackle rate in the league.   So while he's not really a bellcow back, I get the method to the madness considering the current roster construction.  He's been a big part of this 4 game winning streak.    As some national pundits said coming into this game, the way to defeat Washington is to shut down Gibson.  they did shut him down -- and IMO that was a key to this game. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1