Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Mike McCarthy's Big Dumb Mouth vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke

TK
Message added by TK,

1368191960_ScreenShot2021-12-12at4_31_27PM.thumb.png.ed680fcccce67b2130c8911c88a5dcbe.png

16 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

A chunk of blame for this loss can go to Typhoid Montez, for single-handedly wiping out our outside pass rushing corps.  Keep doing your research though, my man.

That pisses me off more than anything else. I mean injuries, guys get hurt you can't do anything about that. But Sweat's non sense was completely avoidable. Nothing triggers me more than downright stupidity.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb down 1

If Henicke had this performance a month ago I might say don't bench him, but at 6-7 and still holding the #7 seed, it appears the team's destiny is still controlled by them at the moment.  So with that said, I am not opposed to switching QB's if the coaches think Allen gives them a better chance to win.  I am not saying a change should be made, but I am saying that I don't think it would be way out of left field after what we saw today.

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

If Henicke had this performance a month ago I might say don't bench him, but at 6-7 and still holding the #7 seed, it appears the team's destiny is still controlled by them at the moment.  So with that said, I am not opposed to switching QB's if the coaches think Allen gives them a better chance to win.  I am not saying a change should be made, but I am saying that I don't think it would be way out of left field after what we saw today.

If the coaches thought Allen gave them a better chance to win they'd have made the switch at the bye week.

With all the OL injuries, you want Heinicke for his mobility.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

If the coaches thought Allen gave them a better chance to win they'd have made the switch at the bye week.

With all the OL injuries, you want Heinicke for his mobility.

The problems is Taylor thinks he’s a pocket passer.  First play Allen is in, he runs off for a first down.  Dallas was willing to give up those yards knowing Taylor struggles passing down field.  Only way to keep teams honest is to take off and run.

Edited by heyholetsgogrant
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Look at that throw Herbert just had today. From his own 35 to the goal line in the air, in stride, TD. That’s what we dream of when we talk about arm talent sheesh. He really is ridiculous. 

The Burrow throw to Chase was outstanding too.

I want to see what Turner can do with a real talent at QB. I'm not saying Burrow or Herbert, guys like that are rare, but some kinda arm talent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

We struggle against teams that like to play man coverage and bring pressure. The Packers, Saints, and Chiefs were all similar styles of D and they all shut us down as well.

I can’t speak to the man coverage and blitzing aspect, but we did score 22 on the Saints and gained 450 yds+ vs the packers…

19 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Look at that throw Herbert just had today. From his own 35 to the goal line in the air, in stride, TD. That’s what we dream of when we talk about arm talent sheesh. He really is ridiculous. 

The underthrows to Terry are bothersome. We are leaving points and yards on the field. Imagine if Heinekie had the kind of arm to take full advantage of Terry.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

The underthrows to Terry are bothersome. We are leaving points and yards on the field. Imagine if Heinekie had the kind of arm to take full advantage of Terry.

That's why they have to find a legit QB this offseason..I would try to trade for Carr and use some of the cap money to surround him with some weapons.

• Thanks 1

That pisses me off more than anything else. I mean injuries, guys get hurt you can't do anything about that. But Sweat's non sense was completely avoidable. Nothing triggers me more than downright stupidity.

Plenty of people who are fully vaccinated end up getting it.  Would that have changed anything? I'm genuinely curious.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rex Tomb said:

Plenty of people who are fully vaccinated end up getting it.  Would that have changed anything? I'm genuinely curious.

He wouldn't be out as long..Since he is not vaccinated he has to sit a minimum of 10 days.

There is plenty of blame to go around for alot of people.

I knew if DelTaco had them in that damn soft zone crap they would get eaten alive, and they did. Jackson III was being abused; Gallup caught one pass where he sat at the LOS then drifted right, Jackson was standing 10 yds away, and WAITED for Gallup to run to him. 

Turner has to get TH out of the pocket, they knew Dallas was going to bring heat up front yet they were too stubborn to game plan around it, instead they tried to take them on, and kkep him in the pocket. 

I dunnot what the WFT front 4 were doing, but there was no creative plays from them, again, THANK YOU DEL TACO, you BUM!

28 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Yea but we still need WRs who don't fall down for no reason. McLaurin is a good WR but they need a tall WR who can run, like an AJ Green type. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

There is plenty of blame to go around for alot of people.

I knew if DelTaco had them in that damn soft zone crap they would get eaten alive, and they did. Jackson III was being abused; Gallup caught one pass where he sat at the LOS then drifted right, Jackson was standing 10 yds away, and WAITED for Gallup to run to him. 

Turner has to get TH out of the pocket, they knew Dallas was going to bring heat up front yet they were too stubborn to game plan around it, instead they tried to take them on, and kkep him in the pocket. 

I dunnot what the WFT front 4 were doing, but there was no creative plays from them, again, THANK YOU DEL TACO, you BUM!

Yea but we still need WRs who don't fall down for no reason. McLaurin is a good WR but they need a tall WR who can run, like an AJ Green type. 

The Defense did there job..They were put in bad situations repeatedly by the Offense..Dak had a 58 rating and Zeke was held under 100 yards and had 4 sacks..What more do you expect from them? 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

If only we could have attached Haskins's arm to Taylor's body before he left.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

this an extreme pissed-of-that-we-lost take, but we wouldn’t miss a beat getting rid of Montez or chase. Those guys thoroughly embarrassed themselves this season. Massive disappointment. 

• Like 1

Did anyone else read that the reason the Cowboys gave for bringing in their own benches was that they had heard the WFT's heating element had failed in a previous home game this year? If that is the case it makes Snyder look even more like a dumbass. Doesn't really matter the reason - just another way Washington got B' slapped today

32 minutes ago, Burgold said:

If only we could have attached Haskins's arm to Taylor's body before he left.

Or Taylors heart and head on Dwaynes body. Same Same

I am not too worried. Still control destiny.  Enough of the Allen talk. If Taylor is healthy he is the guy.  How many injuries can we withstand? Cole is becoming top shelf.

2 hours ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

The problems is Taylor thinks he’s a pocket passer.  First play Allen is in, he runs off for a first down.  Dallas was willing to give up those yards knowing Taylor struggles passing down field.  Only way to keep teams honest is to take off and run.

Didn’t Allen cough up the ball on a desperation play at the worst possible time? He should have been smart and taken the sack. 

Allen sucks. That run was about the only play he made.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

5 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Didn’t Allen cough up the ball on a desperation play at the worst possible time? He should have been smart and taken the sack. 

Allen sucks. That run was about the only play he made.

He was trying to get the ball to a wide open Humphries..Just so happened that he got hit as he was letting the ball go..It's not like it was play that had no chance of a completion..