Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

#21 to be retired this weekend...

Renegade7

27 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

That’s right….. Buffalo opened the game by running to Taylor’s side when we played with 10 then took that back to back TO penalty at the end to set up their FG. 

Joe Gibbs not knowing the rules and trying to call back to back timeouts and getting a 15 yard penalty to knock us out of FG range was brutal. Todd Collins saved us when he came in 4 days later against Chicago.

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 3

so this was a rushed sham job when the true intention of the weekend was only to dedicate the road. of course it was. and reports Pedro only knew the retirement a day ago. how abhorrent. no way you try and announce a huge jersey retirement three days prior. they piled that on as an afterthought, a "might as well". but also to try and garner some goodwill. but they ****ed it up royally. they think fans are stupid and got caught with their pants down. local media are painting the full picture and now JW is forced to fall on the sword and sent out an abysmal apology making him look incompetent and insensitive. 

so he's now also proven not to have a backbone nor be genuine. im done with him as well. Danya are an eternal stain as long as they have this team.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Wait are they changing the colors?  If you say yes I’m about to make it rain middle finger emojis.

Why not? whats the point of keeping it burgandy and gold at this point might as well let them have their full "rebrand" The one player i will always acknowledge as being great was Sean Taylor hes a small part of gold/diamond in a big pile of s**t that ive know as Washington DC Football for the past 31 years and this is how we acknowledge him by letting people know a few days before the game oh btw come get your towell we will retire his jersey on sunday....JOKE imo the rebrand should be fresh with whatever they envision and if i like it i can choose to keep my fandom here or leave but holding out hope that by keeping the colors the same im going to officially stay no matter what then thats another joke in itself. 

Edited by CjSuAvE22

Made the mistake of watching the "A Football Life" about Sean Taylor toward the end of my working day and I'll be damned if I wasn't fighting back tears. I knew becoming a father really changed his life but I didn't know it was like that.

I've been avoiding it for years because I knew it would make me an emotional mess and it absolutely did.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Bruce wasn't qualified for any of the roles that he had. If his daddy wasn't George Allen he would've been a supervisor at Safeway 

You really think he would have made it that far? I doubt he could stack the apples without ****ing it up.

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, profusion said:

You really think he would have made it that far? I doubt he could stack the apples without ****ing it up.

"Listen, Bruce, we've been getting a lot of complaints from customers and staff and we gotta let you go. You're just not Safeway material."

"DO YOU KNOW WHO MY DAD IS?!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

****s are doing the ceremony at halftime. Making those poor souls in attendance watch a whole half of this trash franchise.

I imagine we'll see something similar to this tomorrow. But with way more Chiefs fans..

image.jpeg.61f9549bbbf08c7e9a451c7bb57a7a77.jpeg

That game was ROUGH. My feet froze like bricks of ice. And then there was the play (or lack thereof) on the field... 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

That game was ROUGH. My feet froze like bricks of ice. And then there was the play (or lack thereof) on the field... 

That was the last game I threw and broke something over this team, did it at work, too, never again, not worth it.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

****s are doing the ceremony at halftime. Making those poor souls in attendance watch a whole half of this trash franchise.

I imagine we'll see something similar to this tomorrow. But with way more Chiefs fans..

I understand it was handled poorly but my god, can we move on and at least accept that now that it’s happening turn the page and celebrate that it’s actually happening...pissing and moaning about it being at halftime? When were they supposed to do it, after everyone left? 

First things first - Jason Wright is just Count Snyder's latest Renfield.  

I know the story here is about the reasons for the timing of this event, and whether it's being done to distract from all the current chaos surrounding the team, but my question is more about why Taylor's jersey is being retired at all. From JW's apology: 

So, prior to the season, we put a plan in place to retire the jerseys of some of the great men who helped build this historic franchise.   

Well, that doesn't describe Sean Taylor. This franchise had it's history, and plenty of heroes, before Sean's all too brief time in the league. Sean had the potential, had he played a full career, to have been a perennial all-pro, and maybe even a Hall of Famer. He could have been one of the all-time greats at his position. But that never happened, which is tragic. But should they then retire a player's number because of potential, when the numbers 28, 81, and 44 (the last one being a Superbowl hero) are not retired? 

Please note, I'm not against honoring Sean. I was a big fan. I still wear the #21 jersey I bought at the stadium when they played the Raiders in 2005. Just trying to look at this objectively. Why is this happening before Green, Monk and Riggins?       

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

First things first - Jason Wright is just Count Snyder's latest Renfield.  

I know the story here is about the reasons for the timing of this event, and whether it's being done to distract from all the current chaos surrounding the team, but my question is more about why Taylor's jersey is being retired at all. From JW's apology: 

So, prior to the season, we put a plan in place to retire the jerseys of some of the great men who helped build this historic franchise.   

Well, that doesn't describe Sean Taylor. This franchise had it's history, and plenty of heroes, before Sean's all too brief time in the league. Sean had the potential, had he played a full career, to have been a perennial all-pro, and maybe even a Hall of Famer. He could have been one of the all-time greats at his position. But that never happened, which is tragic. But should they then retire a player's number because of potential, when the numbers 28, 81, and 44 (the last one being a Superbowl hero) are not retired? 

Please note, I'm not against honoring Sean. I was a big fan. I still wear the #21 jersey I bought at the stadium when they played the Raiders in 2005. Just trying to look at this objectively. Why is this happening before Green, Monk and Riggins?       

It's happening because they want to appeal to the younger fans and those older players were here before Dan and haven't really come back. I mean, when a player makes it in the hall as a redskin, they should have their number retired.

Taylor never will be in the hall, but he probably would have. 

I cant imagine being a young player wanting to wear 28, 44, 81 because they should be retired. 21 should be retired, but Earnest Byner should be there to do it. 

Youre right that Earnest was more valuable to the Redskins than Taylor was though and it wasn't enough to retire the number. Especially from a franchise that just doesn't do that. 90 years. 2 numbers retired. 

This move ****s on players numbers that should be retired and really ****s on Sean. 

• Thumb up 1

46 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

I know the story here is about the reasons for the timing of this event, and whether it's being done to distract from all the current chaos surrounding the team, but my question is more about why Taylor's jersey is being retired at all.

Lombardi's Kid Brother had a good analogy earlier in the thread comparing it to the Yankees when catcher Thurman Munson died in an airplane crash in the late 1970s.  If you read the Wiki on Munson, it sounded like the Yankees retired his number right away.

Sean's number should've been retired when they placed him in the Ring of Honor in 2008. By waiting this long, it invites questions like you and a lot of others ask.

• Like 1