Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

#21 to be retired this weekend...

Renegade7

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Bruce was accountable for the on the field product. Jason is not. They don’t have the same role. For you to think that Jason is qualified to have the same role as Bruce is the absurdity.  Bruce was an executive in this league for a a very long time. To pretend somehow Jason is better is foolish. Jason’s role is to putt butts in seats, have ceremonies for alumni players, try to help move a stadium deal forward and in this case help with the name change. He has failed miserably so far in all those facets. 

Bruce wasn't qualified for any of the roles that he had. If his daddy wasn't George Allen he would've been a supervisor at Safeway 

usa_today_9645808.0.0.jpg

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

Bruce wasn't qualified for any of the roles that he had. If his daddy wasn't George Allen he would've been a supervisor at Safeway 

He was voted executive of the year in 2002. That’s the same honor as coach of the year for front office personnel. 

If McVay didn’t have a grandfather working for the 49ers he would be a supervisor at the Safeway as well. This is a league full of nepotism. 

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

To stay on topic, Bruce would've signed off on the last minute number retirement as well to keep Snyder happy, so comparing him to Jason is a waste of time.  

Absolutely but he would have told a better lie. Jason got caught lying and doubled down like an amateur. This role is not for him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Bruce was accountable for the on the field product. Jason is not. They don’t have the same role. For you to think that Jason is qualified to have the same role as Bruce is the absurdity.  Bruce was an executive in this league for a a very long time. To pretend somehow Jason is better is foolish. Jason’s role is to putt butts in seats, have ceremonies for alumni players, try to help move a stadium deal forward and in this case help with the name change. He has failed miserably so far in all those facets. 

And everything Bruce was accountable for went down in burning flames.  Flames still burning that Jason is attempting to put out.  The stadium isn't empty because of Jason Wright, it's empty because of 10 years of Bruce being a smarmy politician, everything in life handed to him, old boys club, couldn't manage a 7-11 much less a pro football team, foot-in-mouth syndrome having, just all around human pile of burning trash.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

33 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Bruce Allen is a garbage human being, but I can 100% assure you that he never  would have uttered or typed the following about Sean Taylor's jersey retirement:

"We didn't realize that so many of you wanted to make a trip to FedExField to be present for this moment"

I agree. He is an incompetent scumbag, but he has heart for his players and football and would have been able to talk Dan out of something this bad.

Wright just became the yes man.

• Like 1

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

And everything Bruce was accountable for went down in burning flames.  Flames still burning that Jason is attempting to put out.  The stadium isn't empty because of Jason Wright, it's empty because of 10 years of Bruce being a smarmy politician, everything in life handed to him, old boys club, couldn't manage a 7-11 much less a pro football team, foot-in-mouth syndrome having, just all around human pile of burning trash.

Dude he is not in the same role. Martin Mathew, Hurney and Rivera have that role to put out the fire .

Bruce was doing Dan’s bidding both on the player personnel and in the business side. Jason is doing Dan’s bidding on the business side alone. 

Fedex field is not empty because of Bruce Allen it’s empty because of Dan. Let’s be realistic about that. 

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You sound like his publicist.  I think it's pretty safe to say he shmoozed his way to such an award.  That or he just immediately became scum of the earth incapable of doing anything positive when he showed up to Ashburn.  Perhaps that's possible.

I’m not defending Bruce. But let’s be realistic about who he was and who Jason is. They are Dan’s puppets with different levels of responsibility. And if Bruce schmoozed his way to that award it shows how connected he was in this small club of executives and owners. 

Edited by SoCalSkins

20 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I think it’s fair to wonder why Wright was considered qualified for president.  Unless I’m mistaken he had no FO experience.  That’s a strange thing tbh.  NFL is a very unique structure to not have any experience.

Obviously BA had all the experience but was a total scumbag.

I mean, this is no different than what George Preston Marshall was doing the last 25 years or so he oversaw the franchise. After Ray Flaherty left to go fight in the war, he hired a slew of Yes Men to manage the team. They were able to ger along fine the first few years since Sammy Baugh had a war time exemption and the team had a lot talent elsewhere but after Baugh started getting up there in age and Marshall refused to integrate the team, the play seriously declined and the team's attendance and finances slipped. He almost sold the franchise in the late 50s.

Flaherty was one of the few men who could tell Marshall "no" and after he left, he made sure to hire folks who couldn't. That mean retreads and ex-jocks like Curly Lambeau and Otto Graham. 

We're seeing something very similar here.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Why does it feel we hired people to earn brownie points for diversity rather than actually hiring for best people? I’ve yet to be impressed with the new FO folks. Unless they are being handcuffed in their roles I’m not even slightly impressed.

This is typival snyderism, hiring and using someone with a good background to divert attention from his wrongdoings, and others as a shield/fuse. They are all tools and expendables.

The most competent people will never work for him, the good ones we had have already left.

On 10/14/2021 at 7:35 AM, mojo said:

We lost the game right after he passed and now we’re going to get shellacked on the day his jersey is retired.   Classic Redskins

Exactamundo!  The - honoring former players/alumni week games never go well...we always get smashed in front Washington football legends.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I don't think the new regime and people in charge of the "rebrand" care much for the old fans that put in time and effort toward this football team the past 35 years which is probably 90 percent of the people on here which is why they scrapped together a plan to Retire Sean Taylor, which should have been something more thought out and of importance...they honestly should just scrap the whole thing change the colors too because I don't know why they would keep the colors, as a fan since I was 4 years old not old enough to remember the last super bowl win...the colors are the last reason of why I support this franchise they aint gonna keep me around by keeping the colors...

What they should do at this point is cancel the whole thing this year.

And then they should reschedule it for NEXT year, November 27th, 2022, on the 15 year anniversary of his death, which is a Sunday so they will be playing a game.  And the NFL can help em out and make it a game against the Cowboys.

I know that is the day because my birthday is November 27th, and every year it sucks to go back to that day when I read all the tributes and stuff about him.  I remember hearing that news on my birthday way back then and just felt completely down on a day I should be happy from all the love I was getting.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I don't think the new regime and people in charge of the "rebrand" care much for the old fans that put in time and effort toward this football team the past 35 years which is probably 90 percent of the people on here which is why they scrapped together a plan to Retire Sean Taylor, which should have been something more thought out and of importance...they honestly should just scrap the whole thing change the colors too because I don't know why they would keep the colors, as a fan since I was 4 years old not old enough to remember the last super bowl win...the colors are the last reason of why I support this franchise they aint gonna keep me around by keeping the colors...

Wait are they changing the colors?  If you say yes I’m about to make it rain middle finger emojis.

On 10/14/2021 at 10:35 AM, mojo said:

We lost the game right after he passed and now we’re going to get shellacked on the day his jersey is retired.   Classic Redskins

Was at that one. Absolutely dismal walking out of there after that one. Especially with the way we lost that game.

We did, however, end up making the playoffs.

Edited by Spearfeather

7 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Was at that one. Absolutely dismal walking out of there after that one. Especially with the way we lost that game.

We did, however, end up making the making the playoffs.

That’s right….. Buffalo opened the game by running to Taylor’s side when we played with 10 then took that back to back TO penalty at the end to set up their FG. 

• Like 2