Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

#21 to be retired this weekend...

Renegade7

It took until 9pm to put that out?

You're giving away towels for free to those in attendance, but anyone can order them for $21(gimmicky af) & the proceeds go to charity.... Yeah, I think we all see what you're doing there on several levels. 

We didn't realize that so many of you wanted to make a trip to FedExField to be present for this moment -- a true lack of understanding of what you, the lifeblood of this franchise, needed to mourn our collective loss and celebrate Sean's legacy.

You didn't realize because you weren't one of US when WE went through it. You weren't here. You didn't have the honor & privilege of playing here for Coach Gibbs. You didn't bother to reach out to the lifeblood of this franchise to judge their reactions &/or expectations. Hell, on any given Sunday, there are more 21 jerseys in that damn stadium then any other number. And no one realized....Oh for ****'s sake.

If only this had been announced a year plus in advance like you did for Bobby Mitchell, then no one would be looking at this Front Office sideways right now as using the same clown show tactics as always to distract from the **** show email scandal from the jackoffs that left the mess you've been trying to clean up & move forward from.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 8
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

“We didn’t realize that so many of you wanted to make a trip to FedEx Field to be present for this moment” might be one of the most tone deaf quotes in franchise history and that’s saying something. My god, i feel bad for crushing them because at least they apologized and were humble but that quote is unbelievable. He’s been infected with Ashburn Syndrome, there’s little hope for him now. 

And don’t forget these guys have no concept of who Sean Taylor was to us but they’re gonna come up with the new team name that will likely last forever. Doesn’t bode well at all. 

How are we back here? I thought we were done with constant PR embarrassments 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

“We didn’t realize that so many of you wanted to make a trip to FedEx Field to be present for this moment” might be one of the most tone deaf quotes in franchise history and that’s saying something.

It really is unreal. This is actually the worst PR blunder in the history of this team, and that is ALSO saying something!! Somewhere, in a Singapore massage parlor, Tony Wylie is laughing his maniacal ass off. 

It's incomprehensible that the actual president of the team would make a statement like this. I mean .... it's just so clueless - and INCOMPETENT - on so many, many levels. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

Jason is literally taking this fan base for morons. Then to double down and say he is being completely honest is crazy. The reality always comes out later with the backstabbing in the media and he will lose whatever credibility and goodwill he has left. The statement is simply not plausible. Parts of it may have truth such as renaming the street. But come on. I’m done with the dude. Honeymoon is over. 

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

the name change stuff i have no problem with, a full on rebrand takes 12-18 months and they’ve stated that time after time.

But this? Yeah, this i have an issue with. Just shut the **** up Jason and take this L and do better next time. 

Read my mind.

Time for me to unpack the tin foil.

https://i.chzbgr.com/full/5145834752/h7A2D832D/dogneto

I feel a lil better watching philly get pasted

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, TK said:

President's Brief: An apology to the fans 

Oct 14, 2021 at 08:59 PM

jason-wright-headshot

Jason Wright

Team President

We didn't realize that so many of you wanted to make a trip to FedExField to be present for this moment -- a true lack of understanding of what you, the lifeblood of this franchise, needed to mourn our collective loss and celebrate Sean's legacy.

Additionally, because many of you have expressed interest in the rally towels, we are making these available for fans to purchase 

Edited by BleedBNG
  • Sad 3

53 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Naive as hell.

I dont know how anyone can look at Jason's apology and not see someone who doesn't know what he's doing.  I dont know who the hell he talked to to think we'd want to be suprised like this, but he didn't talk to us fans.

He should do an interview and jus break down the decision making process that went into this so I can make up mind if it really was to distract from emailgate. 

I'm not ready to buy that Snyder got to him, its one scandal after the other with this team, why try to distract us from this latest one in particular?

• Like 1

“We didn’t realize that so many of you wanted to make a trip to FedEx Field to be present for this moment”

I'm sorry but this makes it worse. 

18 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Tony Wylie is laughing his maniacal ass off. 

I ran into Tony Wylie shortly after he announced his resignation. I've never seen him so calm, relaxed, and happy. 

Washington Redskins are dead and gone. It started dying a couple of decades ago. It’s not the name change that did the team in, it is the ownership. It’s been long and painful, but the team is officially dead. The only thing that remains are the colors.

I feel ownership wants to move. I don’t know of any other reason that these things would continue to happen. But, I agree with them. I want them to move to. Bring me an expansion franchise in a couple of years. I’ll always remember and cherish the good times.

I just don’t see how you can continually make one horrendous mistake after the other, unless you are trying to be stupid and fail.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Here. My dad and I have been going back and forth on the cheifs or bucs game since the schedule release and this would've sealed it for both of us.

You called into one of the radio shows today didn't you.

Coulda sworn I heard someone talking about going to the Chiefs or Bucs game and ended up doing the Bucs but would have done the Chiefs had they known this before.

• Like 1

Just now, purbeast said:

You called into one of the radio shows today didn't you.

Coulda sworn I heard someone talking about going to the Chiefs or Bucs game and ended up doing the Bucs but would have done the Chiefs had they known this before.

Nah, not me : )

• Like 1

The perfect opportunity for a bunch of fans to go to the game carrying sheets of paper that says " Sell The Team Snyder ! "

Snyder is like a young version of Jerry Jones; in their eyes, bad publicity is publicity.  

I stood behind the munchkin when he vowed to never change the name, then he caved. Just goes to show how much of a spineless weasel he is. 

He will probably want Taylor's family at the game, who knows, he may even give them a 10% discount on tickets and refreshments...Lord Fahrquitup

Also, just because they had "something planned to honor Sean Taylor and his family" doesn't mean they had planned to retire his jersey.

Just saying...

I 100% think this was some knee jerk reaction to all the drama out there to deflect from it and it backfired hard.  It just makes ZERO sense to announce this 3 days prior.

@TK and @BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 have essentially stated what i feel about that statement. that statement was ass. there was so much hope and expectation (why did we even start) with this JW hiring and he made a point to always be honest, transparent and front and center speaking with fans and media about getting back to the roots and legacy of excellence of this team. creating a product (both team and stadium) and gameday experience that was worthy of our time, money and investment. they did focus group sessions and surveys. heavy interaction and engagement on social media. promised to put the fans first and win back our trust, our love, commitment and devotion. all these buzz words to both retain and acquire the people/groups who were/are passionate about this team. 

thats why that statement is bull**** to me. up until this announcement, that's been his promise. so you put out a statement full of "misunderstanding", "didnt realize", miscalculations and incorrect assumptions when all you've been shoveling since you've been hired was a promise to do the opposite. im not buying it. this was one of the most tragic losses in sports and NFL. but it wrecked this team, area, and it's fans. and you hit us with this "we didnt think it through" bull****? real ****ing amateur hour. 

• Like 2

Jason Wright is basically the front office equivalent of the Jim Zorn hire. This is his maroon and black moment. His interviews this past year were his 5-2 start moment. Seemed nice at the time but was obvious it was fool’s gold without real substance. Soon, some bingo caller equivalent will come in and take over what little work he actually does until he quits or is put out of his misery by Danya.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I dont know how anyone can look at Jason's apology and not see someone who doesn't know what he's doing.  I dont know who the hell he talked to to think we'd want to be suprised like this, but he didn't talk to us fans.

He should do an interview and jus break down the decision making process that went into this so I can make up mind if it really was to distract from emailgate. 

I'm not ready to buy that Snyder got to him, its one scandal after the other with this team, why try to distract us from this latest one in particular?

Poorly run franchise.  This was clearly a chance to distract from the email scandal.  No way they would want to just surprise fans with an announcement of this magnitude.  Especially considering all of the lost revenue by not announcing in advance.  I’m done with this franchise for life.  They still haven’t even retired Darrell Green, John Riggins or Art Monk’s jerseys.  What a pathetic franchise.  ****ing sad.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Wright is either a lackey or an idiot - neither is a desirable characteristic.

He actually wrote this in his “President’s Brief” Will Ferrell Movie GIF by filmeditor

“We didn't realize that so many of you wanted to make a trip to FedExField to be present for this moment -- a true lack of understanding of what you, the lifeblood of this franchise, needed to mourn our collective loss and celebrate Sean's legacy.”

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Poorly run franchise.  This was clearly a chance to distract from the email scandal.  No way they would want to just surprise fans with an announcement of this magnitude.  Especially considering all of the lost revenue by not announcing in advance.  I’m done with this franchise for life.  They still haven’t even retired Darrell Green, John Riggins or Art Monk’s jerseys.  What a pathetic franchise.  ****ing sad.

So is this the general consensus?

That after 14 years, this is where they pull the Sean Taylor retirement card?  Of all the scandals, this is the one we need to be distracted from?

I'm not buying that Jason is the type to do that, its like finding out Julie Donaldson is doing the same **** Larry was doing with the sexual harassment stuff.

Like I said, I want an interview with Jason on the decision making process that went into this.  Not a fluff piece, jus be straight, since that's what he says he wants to do.

He needs to do an AMA here, been a while since someone from the organization did that.