Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

#21 to be retired this weekend...

Renegade7

19 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

We’re gonna get our asses kicked for sure now.

No worse than we did by the Giants without their top WR a year after Sean died and they put him in the ROH and a fair number of guys who actually played with him were on the field. That game was a true kick in the balls.

16 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

No worse than we did by the Giants without their top WR a year after Sean died and they put him in the ROH and a fair number of guys who actually played with him were on the field. That game was a true kick in the balls.

Yeah. The 6-2 to 2-6 season. Watched on TV. That loss dropped us to 7-5 but we still had hope of making the playoffs. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Jason Wright needs to go

I may be speaking out of turn here.  

but my understanding is he has a great resume. And was a great hire. 

this sounds, to me, like a snyder decision. It just has his name written all over it

everyone else is just trying to keep their job. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

I may be speaking out of turn here.  

but my understanding is he has a great resume. And was a great hire. 

this sounds, to me, like a snyder decision. It just has his name written all over it

everyone else is just trying to keep their job. 

What is his resume? He worked in consulting dropping buzzwords for a few years after his NFL career was over. 

Ryan Clark is not lying. They knew about this in September. Even if it was a Snyder decision, Jason needs to keep him from doing it. 

Jason is all talk and no substance. The dude sucks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb down 1

They still didn't address the reason for the short notice.  Didn't even make something up.  Just ignored it. I want an explanation, not an apology.

11 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

I just saw that the fans in attendance will honor the unveiling of ST21 with a solemn, one-minute and 21 second version of the Tomahawk Chop.

Not sure how I'm going to keep from crying, man.

6d7e18b0db619f636fced574a04da0bb.jpg

Man, if the Chiefs fans get in there and start tomahawk chopping while we're sitting here shamed into being nameless, with numbers on our helmet, that'd be the ultimate slap in the face.  lol  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

They still didn't address the reason for the short notice.  Didn't even make something up.  Just ignored it. I want an explanation, not an apology.

So the FO had a brain fart with everything else going with DAE and Emails. Totally forgot. Humans are not perfect. **** happens. Still no excuse. An apology is all they can do and said they will continue to honor Sean Taylor and make it a month long instead to make for it. Nothing else they can do now. 

Snyder knew when these emails were going to get released. It’s from his court case. So what, if they’ve known for a month. Dirty play from a low life piece of crap. Emails come out on the same day as NFLPA voting for  demaurice smith. Gruden fired. Allen/India was involved and a part of the Snyder case. 

He put this in his back pocket because of the timing. If there wasn’t a huge backlash, he keeps the retirement for another time. Huge backlash, so he pulls it out now. So, Ryan Clark and others can say, yeah we knew a month ago. 

This is all typical Dan BS. Probably Tanya as well. I’m sure Wright is just a company man and is grateful for the opportunity. He’ll do whatever they want. 

so Snyder had a monthlong plan to retire Taylor’s number. A day, month, year that holds no significance for Taylor.  a few people were notified. Why was it kept secret? Because it was to assist in deflecting. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I thought these disasters were supposed to be a thing of the past when Jason Wright was hired as team President. This takes incompetency to a whole new level...even for us. If Wright can't get retiring an all time franchise greats number right, wait until the debacle the new name and logo turns out to be- it's got disaster written all over it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, fearlessNelms said:

I thought these disasters were supposed to be a thing of the past when Jason Wright was hired as team President. This takes incompetency to a whole new level...even for us. If Wright can't get retiring an all time franchise greats number right, wait until the debacle the new name and logo turns out to be- it's got disaster written all over it.

The name change is already a disaster.  Jason made it all about him and getting personal publicity. The dude is a complete fraud.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb down 1

Jason seems like a good guy, but he has no experience running a company, that I'm aware of. 

He's probably got a bunch of new people just winging it. 

I can imagine the thought process: nameless team and upset longtime fans. Initial name change promo looked like it was trying to erase the legacy. Hey, let's have some initiatives to stoke nostalgia while being very careful not to use the R-word. I'm sure this is part of a campaign launched this summer. It's just that the people in charge don't know how to do stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, profusion said:

Jason seems like a good guy, but he has no experience running a company, that I'm aware of. 

He's probably got a bunch of new people just winging it. 

I can imagine the thought process: nameless team and upset longtime fans. Initial name change promo looked like it was trying to erase the legacy. Hey, let's have some initiatives to stoke nostalgia while being very careful not to use the R-word. I'm sure this is part of a campaign launched this summer. It's just that the people in charge don't know how to do stuff.

Who cares if he's a "good guy"? If he doesn't "know how to do stuff" he needs to go. This is a multi billion dollar company he's president of not a corner Subway franchise.

• Like 1