Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

#21 to be retired this weekend...

Renegade7

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Arent there porta potties at every sidewalk corner going around the stadium? Where else could the picture have been taken? Maybe there’s 2nd sign that says Sean Taylor road, near there but not in front of the porta potties. Idk. But the street corners are usually where the street signs go, right? 

maybe there was a way to get around that. I dont know. 

Bro. The "porta" is short for "portable."  It was for a picture.  Literally for a 60th of a second in terms of image.  They could've just moved them out of frame and had a "21" banner (think the backgrounds they have for post-game conferences with sponsors/team name, obviously those are portable, too).

This was a colossal failure of such an insanely simple thing.  I cannot tell you what a spectacular **** up that could've been avoided with literally ten minutes of planning.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Bro. The "porta" is short for "portable."  It was for a picture.  Literally for a 60th of a second in terms of image.  They could've just moved them out of frame and had a "21" banner (think the backgrounds they have for post-game conferences with sponsors/team name, obviously those are portable, too).

This was a colossal failure of such an insanely simple thing.  I cannot tell you what a spectacular **** up that could've been avoided with literally ten minutes of planning.

I’ve tried helping pick those porta potties up before. It actually takes a forklift to transport them, and the forklift at the stadium isn’t always available at any time. So no, it isn’t quite that simple.   Take this from someone who is actually involved with the operations department. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’ve tried helping pick those porta potties up before. It actually takes a forklift to transport them, and the forklift at the stadium isn’t always available at any time. So no, it isn’t quite that simple.   Take this from someone who is actually involved with the operations department. 

What do you think these porta potties are made out of, lead?  Especially before they're used?  You can use a dolly to move them literally ten feet.  Eighty feet total.  You know, like our offense in the second half.

Even if they required a forklift, from a project management perspective, you allocate your resources by importance.  Always.  Just from a psychological point of view, you do what matters to you.

This is just demonstrative of how poorly this was planned because of how little it mattered.  It's a literal photo op.  They couldn't even remove the literal **** from the background or bring in a backdrop.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

(think the backgrounds they have for post-game conferences with sponsors/team name, obviously those are portable, too).

Those are TVs that have been turned on their side. ;) 

What any smart photographer would have done would to have done was simply switch them around. Meaning to take the pic with the ****ters behind him/her instead of the family/friends. That way, the actual friggin road that's being named after Sean is in the picture as well.  ****ing simpletons...

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Photoshop ;), a WFT/Sean Taylor big flag or billboard to hide the porta potties.

Snyder is a disgrace.

Edited by FrFan

8 hours ago, TK said:

What any smart photographer would have done would to have done was simply switch them around. Meaning to take the pic with the ****ters behind him/her instead of the family/friends. That way, the actual friggin road that's being named after Sean is in the picture as well.  ****ing simpletons...

But then, unless there is one on the other side, there would be no Sean Taylor Rd sign in the picture.

I mean, roads by themselves, ...

They're just not that photogenic.

Edited by Spearfeather

9 hours ago, TK said:

Those are TVs that have been turned on their side. ;) 

Yeah but they're backdrops for the away teams, aren't they?  Shows how much I was paying attention in New York and Philly 😂

Regardless, there were a LOT of ways that people who are just fans and in no way planners for the WFT who are able to figure this **** out in ten minutes.  Absolutely pathetic.

10 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

Yeah but they're backdrops for the away teams, aren't they?  Shows how much I was paying attention in New York and Philly 😂

Teams, no. Comcast, yes. :) 

And the only thing you paid attention to was how much you freaked out being 3 feet away from Cooley. :silly: 

16 hours ago, TK said:

Teams, no. Comcast, yes. :) 

And the only thing you paid attention to was how much you freaked out being 3 feet away from Cooley. :silly: 

Yeah yeah, it was Trent Williams.  Cooley actually let me close enough to take a picture.  Still one of the best weekends ever.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...