Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

#21 to be retired this weekend...

Renegade7

The worst part is the game is still 3 days away.  They could easily acknowledge the blunder and postpone the event.  Hell, we've based coaching hires off public perception, this could *easily* get bumped.

They know how everyone feels.

And they dont care.

Its enough for me to not give a rats ass about this piece of **** franchise anymore.  Its been a fun 9 months or so of being engaged again but, just like that, I dont give a **** again.  

Edited by 86 Snyder
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

The worst part is the game is still 3 days away.  They could easily acknowledge the blunder and postpone the event.  Hell, we've based coaching hires off public perception, this could *easily* get bumped.

They know how everyone feels.

And they dont care.

Its enough for me to not give a rats ass about this piece of **** franchise anymore.  Its been a fun 9 months or so of being engaged again but, just like that, I dont give a **** again.  

Yes. Do it on Monday night against the Seahawks on a nationally televised game. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

So is this the general consensus?

That after 14 years, this is where they pull the Sean Taylor retirement card?  Of all the scandals, this is the one we need to be distracted from?

I'm not buying that Jason is the type to do that, its like finding out Julie Donaldson is doing the same **** Larry was doing with the sexual harassment stuff.

Like I said, I want an interview with Jason on the decision making process that went into this.  Not a fluff piece, jus be straight, since that's what he says he wants to do.

He needs to do an AMA here, been a while since someone from the organization did that.

Are you actually serious that you can even question the fact  this is the case?

When did they announce Bobby Mitchell’s number 49 retirement and the removal of George Preston Marshall name? June 20, 2020 right in the heat of the name change controversy. Everything this team does is to deflect from a controversy or milk the fans for something. 

Jason is exactly the type to do this. The guys is a fraud. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Is Dan thinking KC fans will sell tickets to our fans to make it a proper celebration?  It reeks of desperation now matter how you slice it.

I would love for the Taylor family to request it be re-scheduled when things aren't so chaotic and they have more time to plan.

It's rushed.  KC fans will have our stadium overrun and I am sure they will be respectful but still. Team fans will be stuck in huge lines to piss at halftime and miss most of it anyways. If its pregame they will be stuck in the parking lot. Many will have no idea its Sean day. Not all are ES freaks like we are following mid week news. Daily news.

Sorry Dan we are busy that day thanks but maybe another time. After you get your **** together.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I would love for the Taylor family to request it be re-scheduled when things aren't so chaotic and they have more time to plan.

It's rushed.  KC fans will have our stadium overrun and I am sure they will be respectful but still. Team fans will be stuck in huge lines to piss at halftime and miss most of it anyways. If its pregame they will be stuck in the parking lot. Many will have no idea its Sean day. Not all are ES freaks like we are following mid week news. Daily news.

The pregame and halftime conditions are going to persist regardless even if they postpone the ceremony to another game.

If enough people outside of ES (and who don't already have tickets) in the DMV are that upset about this, I expect them to purchase short-notice tickets and fill the stadium on Sunday.

• Thumb up 1

53 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

So is this the general consensus?

That after 14 years, this is where they pull the Sean Taylor retirement card?  Of all the scandals, this is the one we need to be distracted from?

I'm not buying that Jason is the type to do that, its like finding out Julie Donaldson is doing the same **** Larry was doing with the sexual harassment stuff.

Like I said, I want an interview with Jason on the decision making process that went into this.  Not a fluff piece, jus be straight, since that's what he says he wants to do.

He needs to do an AMA here, been a while since someone from the organization did that.

You announce that you’re retiring his number mid-week before the game?  Really?  How many excuses will fans continue to make for this total **** show?

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 2

So this weekend I made plans to go camping in the woods in Northern Maryland, looking at that game map,this game isn't going to be televised in Northern Maryland ,

And to top everything off ,its Sean Taylor's Taylor's Jersey retirement

Uggh I always make such bad decisions 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, c slag said:

So this weekend I made plans to go camping in the woods in Northern Maryland, looking at that game map,this game isn't going to be televised in Northern Maryland ,

And to top everything off ,its Sean Taylor's Taylor's Jersey retirement

Uggh I always make such bad decisions 

I wouldnt call choosing something more enjoyable over a WTF (i mean WFT) game a bad decision 

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I wouldnt call choosing something more enjoyable over a WTF (i mean WFT) game a bad decision 

I feel I should be there or at least watch the whole game, since Sean's Jersey is going in the rafters, but at best I am 1 and 1/2 hours away , but we will always have the " hand of god" game memories 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

Are you actually serious that you can even question the fact  this is the case?

Show me the evidence this was to distract us outside of you being pissed and dissapointed at this cluster****?

When did they announce Bobby Mitchell’s number 49 retirement and the removal of George Preston Marshall name? June 20, 2020 right in the heat of the name change controversy. Everything this team does is to deflect from a controversy or milk the fans for something. 

Neither of those moves were distractions, they were the right thing to do and overdue.

Jason is exactly the type to do this. The guys is a fraud. 

This is your emotions talking, up until this point what did we have to believe that?  The name change rollout?  More like rookie mistakes.

This franchise messes up a lot, but I still don't get trying to distract us like cats.  The explosions are still going on the background while they set off roman candles?

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Show me the evidence this was to distract us outside of you being pissed and dissapointed at this cluster****?

Neither of those moves were distractions, they were the right thing to do and overdue.

This is your emotions talking, up until this point what did we have to believe that?  The name change rollout?  More like rookie mistakes.

This franchise messes up a lot, but I still don't get trying to distract us like cats.  The explosions are still going on the background while they set off roman candles?

You’re the one who is being emotional. Dude did you go to the Baghdad Bob school of defending a lost cause? I’m being rational and realistic. 

So as soon as FedEx and Nike pressure the Redskins to change their name and the Redskins respond by retiring Bobby Mitchell’s number and eliminate any reference to George Preston Marshall. Of course it was the right thing to do just like retiring Sean’s number is the right thing to do, but when you do it in the middle of a crisis obviously the timing is about deflection. It’s not that complicated man.

The evidence is the 3 day notice for the number retirement. The evidence is only printing 10k towels. It’s obvious this was last minute and Jason straight up lied and doubled down on the lie and he will 100% get caught in the lie. 

This part is pretty much a deception as well:

So, prior to the season, we put a plan in place to retire the jerseys of some of the great men who helped build this historic franchise. Bobby Mitchell and Sean Taylor are the start of what we hope will become an honored tradition here as it is in many other places.”

The retirement of Bobby Mitchell’s number was announced 2 months before Jason was even hired. 

The guy is a fraud. Whatever hope or infatuation you have with him please let it go. This time is not different and Jason is not any better. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

You’re the one who is being emotional. Dude did you go to the Baghdad Bob school of defending a lost cause? I’m being rational and realistic. 

No, im not, im trying to be objective like you claim to be.  I've calmed down from this afternoon.

So as soon as FedEx and Nike pressure the Redskins to change their name and the Redskins respond by retiring Bobby Mitchell’s number and eliminate any reference to George Preston Marshall. Of course it was the right thing to do just like retiring Sean’s number is the right thing to do, but when you do it in the middle of a crisis obviously the timing is about deflection. It’s not that complicated man.

The whole country was taking done real and precieved symbols left and right from that time period.  We should not assume every time this franchise does something right its to cover for something they are doing wrong.  Thats a miserable existence as a fan.

The evidence is the 3 day notice for the number retirement. The evidence is only printing 10k towels. It’s obvious this was last minute and Jason straight up lied and doubled down on the lie and he will 100% get caught in the lie. 

This is why i want the AMA, because I have questions like when did they put in the order for the towels, when did they in the paperwork for street name change, when did they actually inform alumni and his family.  Thats evidence we can work with.

This part is pretty much a deception as well:

So, prior to the season, we put a plan in place to retire the jerseys of some of the great men who helped build this historic franchise. Bobby Mitchell and Sean Taylor are the start of what we hope will become an honored tradition here as it is in many other places.”

The retirement of Bobby Mitchell’s number was announced 2 months before Jason was even hired. 

This is fair game and I'd like to ask him what he meant by "we".  This franchise was in damage control before he got here, he jua took it over.

The guy is a fraud. Whatever hope or infatuation you have with him please let it go. This time is not different and Jason is not any better. 

Hope maybe, but not infatuation.   I've lost hope in him, but that does not mean I'm going to assume the worst with this franchise with everything they do, im not going to do that.  We can have these line by line conversations, and yes im open to being wrong.

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Pretty sure the FedEx/Nike things happened July 4th weekend, which was after June 20th, 2020. Something that happened June 2020 couldn’t have been a distraction for something that wasn’t even a thing for two weeks yet... 

You’re joking right? The controversy didn’t pop up July 4th weekend. There was crazy pressure due to the George Floyd protests and the name change pressure was crazy high. Why announce it during Covid when it was presumed fans would not be in attendance during the season that you are changing the name of the pavilion at FedEx field from Marshall and naming after Bobby Mitchell and retiring Bobby’s number? Also why announce in June which is a dead spot in the NFL calendar? It was 100% a deflection man. It wasn’t that long ag either you must remember the pressure in June 2020. All the statues were coming down and the heat was on. 

19 minutes ago, TK said:

Seriously,  please ask Jason to do an AMA with us to set the record straight.  No one ever comes here to talk to us anymore and this is the official message board of the team, what happened with that?

46 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

You made excuses for Jason Wright’s duplicity and incompetence while defending his character despite evidence to the contrary. He’s a fraud and after that statement tonight, he’s a liar. Simple as that. 

Calling him incompetent but not a liar is defending him? Ok.

@Renegade7 the street name change happened last season. It’s been Sean Taylor Road since like September 2020. I think they just meant showing the street sign to the Taylor family for the first time 

and SoCal, I’m talking about only the FedEx/Nike statements. THOSE didn’t occur until July 4th weekend. So again, an announcement in June 2020 can’t possibly be a deflection from something that nobody knew was going to happen July 4th weekend (again, the FedEx and Nike statements). 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@Renegade7 the street name change happened last season. It’s been Sean Taylor Road since like September 2020. I think they just meant showing the street sign to the Taylor family for the first time 

and SoCal, I’m talking about only the FedEx/Nike statements. THOSE didn’t occur until July 4th weekend. So again, an announcement in June 2020 can’t possibly be a deflection from something that nobody knew was going to happen July 4th weekend (again, the FedEx and Nike statements). 

Sorry, Im not neccessarily taking a side in that, but Snyder knew very well in advance that the FedEx thing was coming, and hes had a habit in the past few years of pre-empting really bad news with some PR moves(the sexual harassments investigation, the sexual harassments investigation part 2 etc etc).  If you think for one moment that he was completely unaware of the way FedEx was going on that until the moment it became public to us peons, you are very very badly mistaken.  The fact some people think it must not be a deflection because it happened BEFORE the news, shows just how effective it is to get PR out before something bad is going to come out.  Because slimeballs know it works.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, -JB- said:

He actually wrote this in his “President’s Brief” Will Ferrell Movie GIF by filmeditor

“We didn't realize that so many of you wanted to make a trip to FedExField to be present for this moment -- a true lack of understanding of what you, the lifeblood of this franchise, needed to mourn our collective loss and celebrate Sean's legacy.”

Still doesn’t mean one or the other. I bet he knew it would be a disaster yet was basically forced to go through with it and then face the inevitable fire. No one could be that naive.

6 hours ago, zskins said:

Yes. Do it on Monday night against the Seahawks on a nationally televised game. 

I don't understand why they didn't pick the Seahawk's game. It's Monday night with a national TV audience, and it's just two days after the anniversary of Sean's death.

I really like Jason wright, but this is either a massive fail on his behalf, or he's taking the heat for someone else's **** up. Either way it's sickening that they could get it so wrong.

I really hope that it was just a massive mistake and not some kind of distraction tactics, because that would be unforgivable.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, London Kev said:

I don't understand why they didn't pick the Seahawk's game. It's Monday night with a national TV audience, and it's just two days after the anniversary of Sean's death.

I really like Jason wright, but this is either a massive fail on his behalf, or he's taking the heat for someone else's **** up. Either way it's sickening that they could get it so wrong.

I really hope that it was just a massive mistake and not some kind of distraction tactics, because that would be unforgivable.

They get EVERYTHING wrong.

7 hours ago, skins island connection said:

The perfect opportunity for a bunch of fans to go to the game carrying sheets of paper that says " Sell The Team Snyder ! "

Snyder won't sell. Signs should instead implore the NFL to take it back. How about  "Do the right thing, Remove this owner" instead?

• Like 1