Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

#21 to be retired this weekend...

Renegade7

14 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Pathetic as usual. I thought Jason Wright was supposed to keep things like this from happening. What a disgrace to Sean. To let people know on THURSDAY before the game that his number is being retired, lol. The most beloved player the team has had since the Gibbs I years. Whatev. 

Lol please we know the hirings were mostly a visual move. Who knows if the FO people can even do their jobs tbh.  Not saying they can’t but the hirings screamed visual for PR

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Like 2

Yes, all really really really important ceremonies that are planned long in advance are announced only 3 days before a game.  The fact that it was just after another scandal, like all of the other hirings and firings for the past year or so, its pure coincidence.  Again. 

1 hour ago, 86 Snyder said:

They even ruined the memory of Sean for us.  

Hell no, that is not ruined. I think he is the last truly great Redskin. 

After 43 years though, I am questioning whether I should give this team anymore thought. It really sucks because it is really personal for me. I have family that worked there forever. I've been to their facilities. Half my childhood, I was in Washington. I've loved this team with everything I have. I have memorabilia given to me that no one else in the world has. 

I was hoping with new people in, we would have gotten beyond this kind of crap. But nah. I am beyond disappointed right now.

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Lol please we know the hirings were mostly a visual move. Who knows if the FO people can even do their jobs tbh.  Not saying they can’t but the hirings screamed visual for PR

I was being sarcastic. Wright is already being tainted by the suck. He retweeted the Coldplay announcement on Twitter and is getting DESTROYED. As well he should be. Someone said, "A year's advance notice for Cold Play and 3 days for Sean Taylor?" That pretty much says it all. Inexcusable and disgusting. 

It's OK. I'm sure Arrowhead East will give Sean a respectable smattering of applause at the ceremony as they bask in a 33-3 halftime score. 

• Like 9

Got to admit, I'm souring on Jason Wright. We've been told he's a great wonderful person, and he say nice things, but....... what has he actually done? Put grass seed on our field? What else? I'm genuinely asking, what else can he slap a "Job Done" stamp on?

Can't pick a team name, can't retire a player's jersey in anything resembling a respectful manner...

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Just heard on 106 the fan that the ceremony will take place pregame... they aren't even doing it at half time... Unreal.  Empty seats is what #21 gets.

Just the worst thing ever, other than an idiot owner. 

Sooo happy for his memory and his family, but it sucks on every other single level.  He deserves so much more.   

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Got to admit, I'm souring on Jason Wright. We've been told he's a great wonderful person, and he say nice things, but....... what has he actually done? Put grass seed on our field? What else? I'm genuinely asking, what else can he slap a "Job Done" stamp on?

Can't pick a team name, can't retire a player's jersey in anything resembling a respectful manner...

Don't forget the destruction of the First Ladies of Football for the Circus Freak Show now known as a "dance team." I've had misgivings for awhile. Yes, I'd take him any day of the week over Bruce Allen. But he's always struck me as a typical contractor/free agent type whose heart isn't really in what he's doing beyond making a name for himself and adding another notch to his resume. I never liked that someone like that would lead something as important as as name change after only being here for a year. I don't doubt he has good intentions, but he willingly chose to hitch his wagon to Danya, and there's no way he can ultimately be successful with that union. He'll find out. If he hasn't already. 

And yeah, he's been about as invisible as our secondary over the last few weeks. Other than retweeting Coldplay announcements. 

image.png.16fd86d9965d51801569b11382f050d8.png

• Like 4

At the very least, just to ensure that the fans know that they consider us complete fools, they should have brought Tony Wyllie back just to make this one announcement.

8B25ADC6-59D8-411A-B93F-C858F7A214AF.jpeg

Edited by mojo
  • Haha 1

I'm actually fairly angry about this.

It's being used as a distraction rather than respect ST21 the way that he needs to be.

They could have done this many times over many years and now they haphazardly decide that this is the week in order to distract us from our awful franchise's inability to run as a professional organization.

I'm upset that Sean Taylor and his family aren't good enough to warrant the proper respect that they deserve.

• Like 7