Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Chargers at Team

TK
Message added by TK,

871587837_ScreenShot2021-09-11at3_15_04PM.thumb.png.f4e1de31ee5daec0f4bc8301947a1c67.png

Just now, dyst said:

Defense was meh but that Gibson fumble killed this game. We are just not a good team. Apologist will use the close score and Fitz injury to convince themselves yet again.

Defense wasn't "meh" my man.  It was three notches below ****ing terrible.

You can't put this **** on Gibson.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Feels like the talent deficit at LB kinda handcuffs Del Rio a little bit.  But your point is fair.

We have more than enough talent elsewhere to put together a better performance than this. Del Rio is one of the least handcuffed DCs in the league. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

I will end with -  we could have drafted Herbert and had a franchise QB for many years.  Instead, we have no one and future is unknown.

I will add, and say for the 100th time, I just don't see this team every advancing in the playoffs while the POS owns the team.

If you think any team would have taken Herbert with the second pick ….

What the **** is wrong with JDR?

"Oh look, that man press coverage worked really well on 1st and 2nd down. It's 3rd and long, so I think I'll move to a zone shell, even though they've already converted about 20 3rd and longs on us when I've done that before"

"Oh look, my front 4 aren't getting any pressure. Should I send more guys and adjust? Nah. I'll just keep hoping that my front stops sucking and starts getting pressure. Or that their QB will just suddenly stop knowing how to play football."

Really awful effort and game plan. I don’t know what to be more frustrated with. The tackling, the lack of coverage, the inability to generate any pressure or on offense: the uneven blocking, drops, Scherrf’s boneheaded penalties. 

The only bright spot might be DeAndre Carter’s returns. 

• Like 1

Chargers had the ball for over 36 minutes and had 425 yards of offense.  We got our asses handed to us.  A better, more solid, well coached team could have perhaps pulled this one out at home, but not us.  Never us.  I love Ron R as a person, but he's a mediocre head coach and he's brought in below average coordinators, and it will haunt us all season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

We gave up 20 points yet I feel like we got destroyed.

Time of possession makes it feel worse than the score board, but 20 points doesn’t tell the story either.  That happened because of a absurdly bad fumble call and because they didn’t need any point at the end.  Washington got dominated today.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, there’s something to that.  But they couldn’t get them off the field when they needed to.  It kindof felt like they could pick their number and hit it.  If they needed 35, I think they could have gotten there. 

35?  Nah. They weren't finishing enough drives.