Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT Ranked Last in Percentage of Players Vaxed - And Now It Matters

Dan T.

16 hours ago, primetime441 said:

You're missing the point. The argument isn't that the stats are incorrect - I already admitted I was wrong. Also, let me remind you that CDC changes their stats daily and no one bats an eye.

Politics aside, the point of the statement was to remind people that we still have a choice. If the argument is that every private entity has a right to fine/fire you, then any company opposing vaccinations should be able to do the same - however, from everything I've seen, you're only right if you support one agenda. The double standard is ultimately dividing us.

How can we force someone to get a vaccine if the said vaccine can still result in you catching the illness? Also riddle me this, how can the league know which player spreads the virus if the vaccinated can also pass it on? What happens if a team full of vaccinated spread the virus to the point where the game cannot be played - will the league still forfeit the game?

We just need to find a happy medium and not let this hiccup divide us. UNITED WE STAND.

Stay healthy and happy, my fellow posters. HAIL.

No, with all due respect, you are the one that is missing the point, still. Again, there is a difference between freedom of choice and freedom from consequences. 

I will try one more time to take this to tailgate because you keep trying to throw this to a political discussion. But your misinformation is deadly IMO. Please follow the conversation there and get better information. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 6

16 hours ago, primetime441 said:

You're missing the point. The argument isn't that the stats are incorrect - I already admitted I was wrong. Also, let me remind you that CDC changes their stats daily and no one bats an eye.

Politics aside, the point of the statement was to remind people that we still have a choice. If the argument is that every private entity has a right to fine/fire you, then any company opposing vaccinations should be able to do the same - however, from everything I've seen, you're only right if you support one agenda. The double standard is ultimately dividing us.

How can we force someone to get a vaccine if the said vaccine can still result in you catching the illness? Also riddle me this, how can the league know which player spreads the virus if the vaccinated can also pass it on? What happens if a team full of vaccinated spread the virus to the point where the game cannot be played - will the league still forfeit the game?

We just need to find a happy medium and not let this hiccup divide us. UNITED WE STAND.

Stay healthy and happy, my fellow posters. HAIL.

You remain woefully uninformed with regard to the effectiveness of the vaccine.  And  again it's people like you spreading your opinion that is causing this pandemic to last longer than necessary, it's causing this division you referenced.    

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 hours ago, primetime441 said:

How can we force someone to get a vaccine if the said vaccine can still result in you catching the illness?

For the same reason that we force people to wear seat belts when driving even though people wearing seat belts still die in auto accidents: it reduces the risk of serious trauma and dying.

The league wants all players to be vaccinated, and will hand out punishments to those who are not (as is their right). If any player chooses not to accept the vaccine (as is their right), then they have to accept the consequences.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

Re: Frank Reich

I think the Colts were tied with the WFT as the least vaccinated teams in the league.  That was as of a couple of weeks ago, though, so things may well have changed.

Edit: This is from July 16:

"Two NFL teams remain under 50% vaccinated less than two weeks from the start of training camp, a person familiar with the vaccination rates told The Associated Press.

As for Friday, Washington and Indianapolis had the two lowest COVID-19 vaccination rates among the 32 teams in the league..."

https://apnews.com/article/sports-football-health-coronavirus-pandemic-nfl-28b509f34f24a919750dc6c20b787c79

Edited by Dan T.
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Re: Frank Reich

I think the Colts were tied with the WFT as the least vaccinated teams in the league.  That was as of a couple of weeks ago, though, so things may well have changed.

Edit: This is from July 16:

"Two NFL teams remain under 50% vaccinated less than two weeks from the start of training camp, a person familiar with the vaccination rates told The Associated Press.

As for Friday, Washington and Indianapolis had the two lowest COVID-19 vaccination rates among the 32 teams in the league..."

https://apnews.com/article/sports-football-health-coronavirus-pandemic-nfl-28b509f34f24a919750dc6c20b787c79

Would like to remind everyone that our coach is recovering from Cancer and what this COVID **** would do to him if it were brought into the building. His immune system is an easy target too. How ****ing selfish 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Probably has already been covered, but in lieu of reading  all of the pages of replies to this thread, I'll just add my 2 cents as a fan of the team since the 50's.

This year's team seems like it might have the best chance we've had for a serious playoff run in decades. It would be a real disappointment if we forfeited one or more games or had some key players quarantined and missed out a possibly great season as a result. We all take a lot of risks over our lifetime and pro athletes probably take more health risks than most of us. In other words, a message to the players, how about taking a risk with the vaccine so we don't miss out on a potentially great season. The added benefit is that it might actually save you and / or members of your family (especially the older members or those with other health issues) from serious illness. Maybe they'll ultimately determine that there were problems with the vaccine that occur down the road. However, "down the road" won't matter for those who never make it "down the road."

• Thanks 1

Interesting article from npr.org

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/05/03/988756973/cant-help-falling-in-love-with-a-vaccine-how-polio-campaign-beat-vaccine-hesitan

The mass inoculation of millions of American children against polio in 1955, like the vaccinations of millions of American adults against COVID-19 in 2021, was a triumph of science.

But the polio vaccine had overwhelming public acceptance, while stubborn pockets of vaccine hesitancy persist across the U.S. for the COVID-19 vaccine. Why the difference? One reason, historians say, is that in 1955, many Americans had an especially deep respect for science.

"In hindsight, Operation Warp Speed wasn't the best name," says Oshinsky. "It sounds like the project prioritized speed over everything else. They did roll it out quickly, but the FDA and CDC have done an amazing job of testing the vaccines and ensuring their safety and efficacy."

• Like 1

On 7/25/2021 at 3:18 PM, primetime441 said:

How can we force someone to get a vaccine if the said vaccine can still result in you catching the illness?

This is the reason....

Reich said in a statement. "I'm fortunate to be fully vaccinated and I'm asymptomatic. I'm feeling well and I'm looking forward to returning as soon as I'm medically cleared."

Per the NFL's COVID-19 protocols, a fully vaccinated and asymptomatic individual like Reich can return to duty after two negative tests at least 24 hours apart. He will thereafter be tested every two weeks or as directed by the medical staffs.

He could very well have been much sicker if he was not vaccinated and made to stay away from the team much longer. Do it for the team. This is, after all, supposed to be a team sport.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Like 6

Look. Get the jab. I am a mid 50's conservative with lung disease and got my second Pfizer jab in February. I had absolutely no side effects at all. None. I was a Guinea Pig for my family and my community. I figured if the jab didnt kill me Covid would. It is a damn shame science/medicine has become a political football. (pun intended). Might I still get Covid and die anyways? Yep. But the risk of hospitalization and death are miniscule compared to not being vaccinated at all. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 3

Good news about the 85% vaccinated, but now to rain on the parade. Absolutely shameful. We have so much going for the team this season, especially in the front office, and now its the players that are going to screw it up.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

I cant think of anything less important today then what some 25 year old millionaire football players are doing medically.

Really? You can’t? Their coach’s immune system is compromised, seems pretty important. Rivera ends up on a ventilator just as he’s turning this culture around and a lot of people who only want to focus on on-field football stories are going to feel ****ing stupid. 

I also have to point out that you purposely and knowingly came into the WFT players vaccination thread to talk about how uninterested you are in the topic no one made you read. lol

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

So, if an outbreak happens between the vaccinated players then its not a forfeit?

Well, they aren't testing vaccinated players.  So, it's actually possible that if you have a breakout among vaccinated players, you might never know.  

Basically, I think that if the team reaches the 85% mark, there's almost no chance of a forfeit.  They're using the forfeit as the stick (I'm not really sure what the carrot is, it seems to just be a lot of sticks) to "highly recommend" players get vaccinated.  They can't very well put all these "if you don't get vaccinated we're going to screw with your life" rules in place, then punish a team that has met the threshold.  Well, I mean, they can.  But I don't actually think even Goodell is that stupid.  

On 7/26/2021 at 4:41 PM, RVAskins said:

Why the difference? One reason, historians say, is that in 1955, many Americans had an especially deep respect for science.

Also, social media didn't exist, cable news television didn't exist, every bum on a street corner didn't have a megaphone, and social media/cable news wasn't used as a weapon to divide the country on almost every single issue.  

• Like 1

I think if WFT has to forfeit a game due to an outbreak of COVID among unvaccinated players, those unvaccinated players responsible for spreading it should not only lose their game checks, but have to pay the game checks of the vaccinated players who were forced to forfeit theirs.

Oh and they also each have to publicly on camera go right in front of Ron Rivera and say "**** you. I don't care about your health."

• Like 3
  • Confused 1