Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT Ranked Last in Percentage of Players Vaxed - And Now It Matters

Dan T.

11 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

BTW, Chase Young is overrated.  The hype extends way beyond actual performance. 

He certainly has the potential to live up to the hype.  Let's see if it happens. His vax stance won't help.

Lol. I promise you Chase Young will be a generational talent. He was a rookie last year, just look at the 2nd year jump that Khalil Mack and other top tier pass rushers always make from year 1 to year 2.

DROY, Overrated.... LMAO

Edited by DC Lumber Co.
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Lol. I promise you Chase Young will be a generational talent. He was a rookie last year, just look at the 2nd year jump that Khalil Mack and other top tier pass rushers always make from year 1 to year 2.

DROY, Overrated.... LMAO

Probably won’t make it past his rookie contract here though. Especially if his amount of respect for Rivera, a defensive coach, is to forgo vacation.

Not surprised. Terry just does everything the right way. Would still hope he would try and convice some of the other players.

Logan Thomas on the other hand...

Edited by Panninho

1 hour ago, tmandoug1 said:

After they force all federal employees to get vaccinated they should mandate that anyone receiving benefits of any type from federal and state governments must get vaccinated prior to getting anymore benefits. Including tax returns and social security. Can we please move this thread to the tailgate. 

yup, been planning on that for a bit now and was talking with tk about doing it earlier, even before pcs had to deal with the frothing dude

it will be a few minutes and peeps can still post while i'm doing it

we've done this 3-4 times over the years when there is serious spillover in the rare topics that are about the team and yet so intertwined with hot sociopolitical issues too...this seems the best compromise for solid reasons, and if peeps need that rationale explained, ask me in the feedback thread

(but i'm betting most can figure it out)

also, nice clean-up on aisle 5 @PCS  :ph34r:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

The locker room won't turn on each other as long as no games are lost. If it comes to game lost, paychecks lost, and playoffs lost, then I expect the locker room to be boiling.

Very small risk of any of that happening. Didn't last year and now half the team is vaccinated. Will probably be a higher percentage after roster cuts to 53. Follow the same protocols as we did last year and it will be fine. 

Since this is in the tailgate now, I'd like to re ask the question more specifically.

Those that demand the support of science, what's your stance on the science of there only being two genders? Do you side with science on every political issue or do you just pick and choose?

53 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I dont know Sweat personally. But I do know he had some heart scares in the past. Maybe the Myocarditis issue from the vaccine is scaring him. It shouldnt though. There have been over 1000 cases of Myocarditis from the vaccine. But when you weigh that against the hundreds of millions of vaccinated people he has a better chance of being struck by lightning at practice today than developing the issue from the vaccine. And maybe that is all that needs to be explained to the players. Yes. There are extremely rare side effects. But the disease itself is far more risky than the vaccine. 

Maybe that was his reason, but if so he should have stated that IMO. As it is, he basically just regurgitated uninformed/incorrect talking points that sounded like they came straight from a Twitter feed.

And I don't know how a person can leave a meeting with a literal immunologist who was there explaining vaccines and still believe that a vaccine is something you only need to take if you catch the disease it's for. I mean...that's a borderline impressive amount of stupidity. That or it means he went in and just completely ignored the entire presentation/QA session.

11 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Very small risk of any of that happening. Didn't last year and now half the team is vaccinated. Will probably be a higher percentage after roster cuts to 53. Follow the same protocols as we did last year and it will be fine. 

All it takes is one guy to show up COVID positive without being vaccinated. Imagine if like Montez Sweat ends up on COVID protocol for our Week 2 game against the Giants and that causes a chain reaction resulting in a forfeiture. Guys will turn then.

7 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Since this is in the tailgate now, I'd like to re ask the question more specifically.

Those that demand the support of science, what's your stance on the science of there only being two genders? Do you side with science on every political issue or do you just pick and choose?

no---this move was not for you to pick fights for fun...and it would be a stupid fight

stick to the topic of the team and covid, specifically

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

As I mentioned in my last post. The locker room will not turn on each other over vaccination status. We all could learn a lot from Terry's stance on the issue. Educate and provide information, but respect others freedom of choice. Period.

In general I agree with this but in this case, if we simply allow people to choose, we're inevitably setting the "pandemic over" clock back more and more. There's only one way to end this for society and the NFL, stop replication of the virus so we end the risk of variants with immune escape. If we let the virus simply run rampant among the unvaccinated, there will be worse variants than Delta and that is not good. Delta is extremely contagious, what if the next one is extremely contagious and 3x more severe - then the NFL and the rest of us are looking at square one.

3 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Sean McVay has the Rams players at nearly 100% vaccinated. It’s not like they are that different of a group. This is a reflection of Ron Rivera and the respect he commands with his players. I’m pretty shocked but that’s the reality. Ron talks a good game but the players don’t genuinely respect him.

The Rams have a much more veteran group. They haven't even had first round draft picks for the last few years.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Well gender is lifestyle whereas sex is what you're referring to but so you know, intersex people do exist who have sex characteristics including chromosome patterns, gonads, or genitals that do not fit typical binary notions of male or female bodies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

I am not sure why you think that science says there are only 2 genders.  For example, some people are born with sex organs for neither male or female fully developed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-14459843

And that is based easily identified sex organs.  If similar things did not happen in the brain would be surprising.

Can you please explain why you think science says there are only 2 genders?

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Oh great, it's in the Tailgate now.  Great, wackos from the Stadium who have never bothered to scroll down are going to figure out what this place is all about.

It's all good.

Tailgate reguuuuuuuuuuulateerrrrrrssss...mount up!

200w.gif?cid=82a1493b0vtbhv3th7ezq51rc81

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Probably won’t make it past his rookie contract here though. Especially if his amount of respect for Rivera, a defensive coach, is to forgo vacation.

Ron might be gone by then. Dan would pick Chase over Ron and by then the old Dan could be back.

39 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

The locker room won't turn on each other as long as no games are lost. If it comes to game lost, paychecks lost, and playoffs lost, then I expect the locker room to be boiling.

This. If it impacts the team negatively; then it will impact the locker room.

27 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

But on the bright side we got through all that without seeing "sheeple"

😁😂😁

I dunno...a page or so back our current he-who-must-not-be-named in this thread did say "sheep thinkers" and then "extremesheep" (I actually like that second one). :ols:

Edited by mistertim