Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT Ranked Last in Percentage of Players Vaxed - And Now It Matters

Dan T.

43 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Since this is in the tailgate now, I'd like to re ask the question more specifically.

Those that demand the support of science, what's your stance on the science of there only being two genders? Do you side with science on every political issue or do you just pick and choose?

There are only two genders. What is what you’re born with is what you get. Same with race, eye color, hair color, skin pigment, etc. Its genetics.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

The locker room won't turn on each other as long as no games are lost. If it comes to game lost, paychecks lost, and playoffs lost, then I expect the locker room to be boiling.

And not just the forfeiting teams locker room. I believe the opposing team loses paychecks as well.

This Joeken dude has been around for years spouting about everyone being sheep for believing x, y and z.  Way back then, It was not difficult to identify how he votes and what he absorbs on the internet.  Of course, he was always doing that in defense of the team's top brass and as it turns out, all of us sheep were right the entire time.  Shocker.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This Joeken dude has been around for years spouting about everyone being sheep for believing x, y and z.  Way back then, It was not difficult to identify how he votes and what he absorbs on the internet.  Of course, he was always doing that in defense of the team's top brass and as it turns out, all of us sheep were right the entire time.  Shocker.

Maybe the real sheep were the friends we made along the way

• Haha 7

28 minutes ago, Xameil said:

And not just the forfeiting teams locker room. I believe the opposing team loses paychecks as well.

Yikes, you're right. Just looked it up. I thought it was just the team that had to forfeit.

That's definitely going to endear non-vaccinated players around the league, for sure!

giphy.gif?cid=790b761163ac9679398f49db81

Edited by mistertim
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I remember when you used to call me a sheep.

48 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I sure hope Thomas is vaccinated considering he was hanging around a ton of players during that TE U thing.

Have you ever heard from someone who doesn't want to share his or her vaccination status and got the feeling that they are indeed vaccinated? "Not sharing" is basically a synonym for being unvaccinated.

I hope many of the (formerly) unvacced players feel like Tannehill.

Edited by Panninho
  • Like 2

Let's see, we have professional football players concerned about getting a vaccine that has been received by over half the U.S. population and shown little or no serious consequences to date. However, these same individuals continue to play football despite the real, proven risk of CTE (chronic traumatic encephalopathy) which has been shown (unfortunately by autopsy) to result from repeated concussions. If it were me, I think I would be a lot more concerned about CTE than the vaccine. Of course, if the players wanted to avoid eventually facing CTE they would have to stop playing football altogether. However, not getting the vaccine would only cost them maybe a single game check and probably, given their young age, not serious medical consequences.

Kudos to the players who step up and think of the coaches, other teammates, their families -- not to mention the fans.

To those who haven't gotten the vaccine, do your own research. Look at the research done by numerous scientific and research bodies in many countries, not just the U.S. Don't rely on news pundits looking to create notoriety and an audience. Consider the fact that over half the population has already had the vaccine with few negative outcomes. Consider the risks you take every day, especially as a professional athlete, in comparison to the vaccine risks. Then make an informed decision.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Lamar Jackson tested positive again. For those who remember, he tested positive last year during the season.

Washington needs to infect all the players who refuse to get the vaccine with the delta variant now. Get it over with in training camp. It’s not a matter of if but a matter when they will pick it up. Simple as that. Get the vaccine or get infected. And they are idiots for putting themselves and the team at a disadvantage given the new rules not vaccinating  but at least get the natural disease over with now. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Washington needs to infect all the players who refuse to get the vaccine with the delta variant now. Get it over with in training camp. It’s not a matter of if but a matter when they will pick it up. Simple as that. Get the vaccine or get infected. And they are idiots for putting themselves and the team at a disadvantage given the new rules not vaccinating  but at least get the natural disease over with now. 

How do you suggest they go about infecting all of the unvaccinated players?

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

How do you suggest they go about infecting all of the unvaccinated players?

Watch the South Park episode on Chickenpox. season 2 episode 10.

The R0 factor of delta is somewhere around 6. Flu is just over 1. They are going to get exposed at some point regardless. 

1 hour ago, Panninho said:

Have you ever heard from someone who doesn't want to share his or her vaccination status and got the feeling that they are indeed vaccinated? "Not sharing" is basically a synonym for being unvaccinated.

I think Dak declined to say whether he was vaccinated the other day, and a bunch of people jumped on him assuming he wasn’t vaccinated.  But others were saying that according to social media reports from his family he has been vaccinated.  He also referenced HIPPA as a reason to not answer the question, which was just silly.

My guess is that he is vaccinated, but did not want to have it be an issue where he is publicly disagreeing with teammates.

It may be that he would prefer to address these issues with teammates in person, rather than through the media.

1 minute ago, Nerm said:

I think Dak declined to say whether he was vaccinated the other day, and a bunch of people jumped on him assuming he wasn’t vaccinated.  But others were saying that according to social media reports from his family he has been vaccinated.  He also referenced HIPPA as a reason to not answer the question, which was just silly.

My guess is that he is vaccinated, but did not want to have it be an issue where he is publicly disagreeing with teammates.

It may be that he would prefer to address these issues with teammates in person, rather than through the media.

I am totally Ok with them keeping their decision private as long as they get the vaccine!

Just Do Iiiit GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Panninho said:

"Not sharing" could also mean "It's none of your business", a phrase too many people have forgotten. Not everything has to be shared for the public's approval. 
I'm not sharing unless it has to do with my job. It's my business. Any guess on whether i have or not?

~Bang

• Like 1