Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT Ranked Last in Percentage of Players Vaxed - And Now It Matters

Dan T.

7 minutes ago, Bang said:

"Not sharing" could also mean "It's none of your business", a phrase too many people have forgotten. Not everything has to be shared for the public's approval. 
I'm not sharing unless it has to do with my job. It's my business. Any guess on whether i have or not?

~Bang

Yeah, never said it can't. Just that from my experience it's usually coming from the crowd that is against the vaccination. Or from right wing ppl that don't want to admit getting it. 

I also don't care whether they say it publicly, just get vaccinated.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Yeah, never said it can't. Just that from my experience it's usually coming from the crowd that is against the vaccination. Or from right wing ppl that don't want to admit getting it. 

I also don't care whether they say it publicly, just get vaccinated.

Agreed on all points.

~Bang

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bang said:

"Not sharing" could also mean "It's none of your business", a phrase too many people have forgotten.

The four most important phrases a man can learn are:

"I don't know"

"Its none of my damn business"

"Its none of your damn business"

and

"Wow this couch is comfortable and sleeps really well"

...not necessarily in that order.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nerm said:

I think Dak declined to say whether he was vaccinated the other day…He also referenced HIPPA as a reason to not answer the question, which was just silly.

“Have you been drinking tonight?”

“Offisher, thass a HIPPA violashun.”

Edited by Dan T.
  • Haha 10

I think all this do your own research talk is exactly why we are in this mess. The internet makes it so easy for people to find “information” that fits their preconceived notions. 

How about instead of doing your own research you ask your doctor, primary care physician or local health clinic what you should do. I highly doubt they will tell you to skip the vaccine unless you are already at risk because of an illness or cancer. 

My neighbor didn’t want to get the vaccine, she’s an obese black woman in her 40s. My wife asked her what her doctor recommended and she said she would ask her doctor. Guess what her doctor recommended? 

Before my in-laws got vaccinated they planned a trip to some Disney resort in Florida. My wife asked her parents to consult with their doctor on whether it was a good idea, spoiler alert, it wasn’t. This was before the vaccine was available and COVID was rampant in Florida despite efforts by Desantis to hide the truth. The next time my wife spoke to her parents she asked what the doctor said. They responded that they did not ask the doctor whether they should be traveling because they knew what the answer would be.

To risk your life for a trip, to risk the lives of those around that you love, because you don’t want to consult with your physician about the dangers of traveling or not getting vaccinated is so dumb to me. But by all means, do your own “research” so you can come to the conclusion that fits your narrow minded, ignorant point of view. After all, what do doctors know? 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

There was a reporter covering the topic who said he didn't study this but informally it looked like the teams whose leaders got vaccinated are the ones with the highest vaccinated rates.

We don't know if Chase is vaccinated or not but the tea leaves seem to be that he hasn't been.  He's been hanging out with Sweat this off season among other things.

Love the dude.  I am a big Chase guy.  But I don't love the comments of Ron is cool with it if they don't get vaccinated.  Clearly that isn't true considering Rivera's comments this week.

You can take a stance once way or another but saying the coach is cool with it if they don't do it -- you got me maybe he's right on that but it strikes me quite differently based on Rivera's comments this week. 

Still, Young doesn't think the coaching staff or the team's leaders will hold a grudge against unvaccinated players. 

"I tell all the guys, I say, 'If you get it, you get it. If you don't, you don't, you know, Coach Rivera is not going to be mad at you. Any of the captains, we're not going to be mad. So if you get it, you get it. If you don't, you don't,'" Young said.

The NFL's new policy could make things difficult for teams with low vaccination rates this season. If a team experiences a COVID outbreak among unvaccinated players that results in a game getting canceled, they could be forced to forfeit and take a loss. 

This change hasn't been received all that well from certain players, but as Young notes, it's another item teams will have to work on during the year. 

"It's wild what's going on," Young said. "You can't complain, it is what it is. You just got to take it for what it is and keep it moving."

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

If you aren’t vaccinated you have no business being a team captain. Given the competitive disadvantage and dynamics that go with it. Chase should not be allowed to be a captain and I love the guy. Leadership takes making sacrifices and setting examples. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Since this is in the tailgate now, I'd like to re ask the question more specifically.

Those that demand the support of science, what's your stance on the science of there only being two genders? Do you side with science on every political issue or do you just pick and choose?

It's not about "only being two genders", it's more about whether or not genitalia should be the sole determinator of someone's true gender. Lots of science on that topic.

Here you go:

https://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2016/gender-lines-science-transgender-identity/

Some of the published, peer-reviewed studies the link mentions:

1. Transsexuality among twins: Identity concordance, transition, rearing, and orientation
  2. A sex difference in the human brain and its relation to transsexuality 
  3. Male-to-female transsexuals have female neuron numbers in a limbic nucleus
  4. A sex difference in the hypothalamic uncinate nucleus: relationship to gender identity 
  5. Changing your sex changes your brain: influence of testosterone and estrogen on adult human brain structure 
  6. Regional gray matter variation in male-to-female transsexualism
  7. White matter microstructure in female to male transsexuals before cross-sex hormone treatment: A diffusion tensor imaging study 
  8. The (CA)n polymorphism of ERβ gene is associated with FtM Transsexualism 
  9. Should transvestic fetishism be classified in DSM 5? Recommendations from the WPATH consensus process for revision of the diagnosis of transvestic fetishism

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Love Chase as a player and he seems like a genuinely good dude, but on this issue he's being a complete dip**** IMO, and I don't think he deserves to be a captain if he's going to set that sort of example.

Rivera straight up said publicly that he's very frustrated by the team's low vax rate and is personally concerned since he's immunocompromised from cancer treatment. And now Chase is going to try and say that Ron won't be upset at guys not getting vaccinated?

Still love him as a player...but at the moment...**** you, Chase. **** you.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Love Chase as a player and he seems like a genuinely good dude, but on this issue he's being a complete dip**** IMO, and I don't think he deserves to be a captain if he's going to set that sort of example.

Rivera straight up said publicly that he's very frustrated by the team's low vax rate and is personally concerned since he's immunocompromised from cancer treatment. And now Chase is going to try and say that Ron won't be upset at guys not getting vaccinated?

Still love him as a player...but at the moment...**** you, Chase. **** you.

Sadly this is my sentiment too.  And unfortunately, I also suspected he was part of the problem.  Just felt right.  Its a shame because I hate to assign a blemish to the guy but, here we are.

44 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I tell all the guys, I say, 'If you get it, you get it. If you don't, you don't, you know, Coach Rivera is not going to be mad at you. Any of the captains, we're not going to be mad. So if you get it, you get it. If you don't, you don't,'" Young said.

This is literally the opposite of leadership.

“Eh, do whatever you want, it’s whatever.”  

-George Patton

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

There was a reporter covering the topic who said he didn't study this but informally it looked like the teams whose leaders got vaccinated are the ones with the highest vaccinated rates.

We don't know if Chase is vaccinated or not but the tea leaves seem to be that he hasn't been.  He's been hanging out with Sweat this off season among other things.

Love the dude.  I am a big Chase guy.  But I don't love the comments of Ron is cool with it if they don't get vaccinated.  Clearly that isn't true considering Rivera's comments this week.

You can take a stance once way or another but saying the coach is cool with it if they don't do it -- you got me maybe he's right on that but it strikes me quite differently based on Rivera's comments this week. 

Still, Young doesn't think the coaching staff or the team's leaders will hold a grudge against unvaccinated players. 

"I tell all the guys, I say, 'If you get it, you get it. If you don't, you don't, you know, Coach Rivera is not going to be mad at you. Any of the captains, we're not going to be mad. So if you get it, you get it. If you don't, you don't,'" Young said.

The NFL's new policy could make things difficult for teams with low vaccination rates this season. If a team experiences a COVID outbreak among unvaccinated players that results in a game getting canceled, they could be forced to forfeit and take a loss. 

This change hasn't been received all that well from certain players, but as Young notes, it's another item teams will have to work on during the year. 

"It's wild what's going on," Young said. "You can't complain, it is what it is. You just got to take it for what it is and keep it moving."

Yes, Chase, it is what it is.  Keep it moving to the vaccination line.

46 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

5 hours ago, Springfield said:

There are only two genders. What is what you’re born with is what you get. Same with race, eye color, hair color, skin pigment, etc. Its genetics.

6 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Well gender is lifestyle whereas sex is what you're referring to but so you know, intersex people do exist who have sex characteristics including chromosome patterns, gonads, or genitals that do not fit typical binary notions of male or female bodies.

6 hours ago, PeterMP said:

I am not sure why you think that science says there are only 2 genders.  For example, some people are born with sex organs for neither male or female fully developed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-14459843

And that is based easily identified sex organs.  If similar things did not happen in the brain would be surprising.

Can you please explain why you think science says there are only 2 genders?

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Someone changing genders doesn't affect my livelihood whatsoever.

Someone not getting vaccinated potentially does.

ENOUGH.

6 hours ago, Jumbo said:

stick to the topic of the team and covid, specifically

For those that continue to flaunt & ignore @Jumbo's directive will start suffering from Rule 18.

As someone with a ton of Biology in my background (Marine Bio, specifically), I can't put into words how much this issue angers me. This should be open and shut, get your vaccine to protect yourself and everyone you care about. And yet here we are. Because of idiots that think they know more than highly educated experts that are leagues smart than they are.😡

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

As someone with a ton of Biology in my background (Marine Bio, specifically), I can't put into words how much this issue angers me. This should be open and shut, get your vaccine to protect yourself and everyone you care about. And yet here we are. Because of idiots that think they know more than highly educated experts that are leagues smart than they are.😡

You say that because you obviously don't mind becoming magnetized.

• Haha 5