Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT Ranked Last in Percentage of Players Vaxed - And Now It Matters

Dan T.

50 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'd really like to apologize to everyone about when I fell prey to the 9/11 conspiracy theory stuff. I never realized how buzzwordy and bonkers I really sounded, until I read this post below. 

:ols: "into the bloodstream man" :ols: que creepy music. 

Yeah bruh, the world is going nuts with the amount of weird stuff moving around these days. It’s why I had to start unplugging from most social media and news outlets. People are crazy!

Only extremeskins folk are sane…

Alfredo Linguini No GIF

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, lovemaskins said:

Yeah bruh, the world is going nuts with the amount of weird stuff moving around these days. It’s why I had to start unplugging from most social media and news outlets. People are crazy!

Alfredo Linguini No GIF

I got stuck waiting at the airport yesterday for 3 hours and the news was on and loud. That **** is just awful. Glad I'm only going back up to the main land for a quick week. Nuts to that place.

• Like 1

Beasley's rant is a microcosm of a couple of of the big problems we've seen with NFL players and the ignorance/arrogance (whether intentional or unintentional) that multiple players seem to have:

"I'm not going to take meds for a leg that isn't broken"

That's not how vaccines work. Like, at all. This is along the lines of what Sweat said as well. And it's really dumb.

"I'm not vaccinated. I'll be out in public. If your (sic) scared of me then steer clear, or get vaccinated"

This is pure, unfiltered arrogant selfishness. It's basically saying "I'm going to do something that could be potentially dangerous (or even fatal) to other people and I don't care. You should have to accommodate me and my desire to do that, not the other way around."

To me that's the equivalent of saying "Hey, I'm going out drinking and I'm going to drive. Because I feel like it. If you don't like it, then don't go out on the road when I'm out there."

I think teams and the NFL in general have every right to fine or punish players who callously disregard their fellow players' (and coaches') health. They're free to not get vaccinated, but they're not free from consequences for that decision.

It's just unfortunate that apparently multiple good WFT players seem to have either been exposed to a bunch of misinformation or are just being plain selfish. I'm guessing it's the former since guys like Chase, Sweat, and Ioan have always seemed like decent people.

• Like 10

Just dropping in to say that goofy 20somethings that can’t even drive a stick shift or make their own coffee aren’t really the problem.

The problem is opportunistic, fear-mongering 50somethings filling the internet and the churches with bull****.

So, take it easy on the youngsters.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Hate to find out one of your favorite players is acting like a ****ing idiot. Here’s to hoping for some growth for the young man, it has been over a month since then so who knows.

Guess my new jersey will be McLaurin.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

"I'm not vaccinated. I'll be out in public. If your (sic) scared of me then steer clear, or get vaccinated"

This is pure, unfiltered arrogant selfishness. It's basically saying "I'm going to do something that could be potentially dangerous (or even fatal) to other people and I don't care. You should have to accommodate me and my desire to do that, not the other way around."

To me that's the equivalent of saying "Hey, I'm going out drinking and I'm going to drive. Because I feel like it. If you don't like it, then don't go out on the road when I'm out there."

Nearly every NFL player was identified at a very young age as exceptional. Most of them were recruited when they were in high school at the latest. They've been told for years and years that they are special. That amount of coddling leads to an overconfidence in one's own abilities. Great for playing football, probably not so great with other critical thinking. That amount of coddling leads to self centered players who don't care for the greater good as long as they are successful. This type of thing is probably exacerbated for first round draft picks who are at the top of the nation's most popular sport.

8 hours ago, joeken24 said:

So again, I get it with Rivera. But lets be clear.....Rivera went through all of last year and this year with the same players not vaccinated. There was also times where he was not even masked. YES, but at that time everyone was tested daily as per NFL COVID procedures of the time.  Now, with teams being above 85% the league is relaxing the regulations and vaccinated teams wont have to do these tests as often (because in theory they have reached the 85% threshold).  Relaxing COVID restrictions actually makes Ron MORE at risk because they aren't testing as often, but he is still being exposed to people who are carrying the virus.

Next, competitive advantage is extremely menial IMO compared to a person deciding if taking a vax is detrimental to their own health. It is a choice. That is the biggest thing overlooked in the current climate the NFL has placed over these players. You can't say its choice then turn around and take money out of their pockets.  It is a choice, but not one that affects just them.  It effects their coworkers and their employers ability to earn money.  The individual has a choice, but so does their employer.  A private company has the right to decide whether or not they consider an employee's actions detrimental to the overall wellbeing of the company.  The employee has a choice, but that doesn't mean they have a blanket guarantee or an inherent right to employment with that company.  Because the employers are allowed to decide whether you as an employee are worth employing.  You have the choice to wake up and go into the office with a gun and shoot up your office building.  That doesn't mean your company is obligated to let you keep working there.  Your engaing in behavior they feel isn't worth the risk to the well being of their company.  It also means if they determine that you are likely to keep engaging in behavior like that which could be detrimental to the health of other employees, then they don't have to keep employing you. 

We saw pretty much an entire season played last year. We're a year removed and now because the vax is so-called available (and not necessarily a cure), people are up in arms about these players. Because again, even if you get the vaccine, you can still contract or spread the virus.  Its one of the reasons it is so scary.  You want to do EVERYTHING YOU CAN to avoid getting it  Getting vaccinated doesn't TOTALLY eliminate the chance of getting it, but it does significantly reduce the chance, as well as give you a better chance to be asymptomatic if you do contract it.  Its not a perfect solution, but it is the best one available, and INFINITELY better than doing nothing.  Condoms don't 100% guarantee you won't get pregnant, but they make it ALOT less likely.  

Again, i go back to the media's coverage of other sporting organizations and lack of energy spent there. Its all business IMO. Always has been. No guaranteed contracts, fines and bull**** CBAs. Until this league changes its culture, the players will always be the scapegoats. Now if a player test positive (whether he was vaxed or not), he'll be front and center and flogged.  Like you said, the NFL is a business.  Their main priority is to keep the business up and running.   They can't do that if teams, players, or individuals are to sick to participate on gameday.  They absolutely prioritize that over the personal choice of an employee.  And they have the right to.  If the individual's choice costs their team or the league business, they have the right to get rid of them.  Why would they prioritize an individual's harmful personal choice over the welfare of their company?

Hell some people allow themselves to be shot without even knowing wtf is in the vax. They just trust hook line and sinker what they are told. The vax is currently in the testing phase and everyone that has it are the test subjects.  Have you ever eaten a hot dog?  Drank a Mountain Dew?  Used laundry detergent?  Do you know what's in that stuff?  How do you know?  By reading the label?  By trusting hook line and sinker what you are told by the company that makes them that there is nothing harmful in it?

20 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Alfredo Linguini No GIF

Damn I miss the Cold War.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Too close for comfort, coach.

E7Y3dEGXsAEPKhn?format=jpg&name=large

If you extrapolate the height of coach and player, the length/angle of shadows/time of day, as opposed to the location of the field markings you  come up with a 6 foot buffer. Its all in the maths.

Sean McVay has the Rams players at nearly 100% vaccinated. It’s not like they are that different of a group. This is a reflection of Ron Rivera and the respect he commands with his players. I’m pretty shocked but that’s the reality. Ron talks a good game but the players don’t genuinely respect him.

• Like 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Get vaccinated.

I am vaccinated. But I don't demean and belittle others that arent. I also wear a mask when requested by stores and others out of respect for them. But I don't throw punches and scream at people who don't. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, tmandoug1 said:

I am vaccinated. But I don't demean and belittle others that arent. I also wear a mask when requested by stores and others out of respect for them. But I don't throw punches and scream at people who don't. 

When was Rivera screaming or throwing punches? He was calmly explaining that he was frustrated by the number of his players who were apparently refusing to be vaccinated and how it was especially impactful to him as he's immunocompromised from cancer treatments.

And personally I don't really see a problem with calling people out who are refusing to get vaccinated due to believing blatant misinformation and as a result of believing that misinformation are potentially putting others at serious or even lethal risk.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

At this point they should be demeaned and humiliated. Someone should compile a list of players not vaccinated and the fans should harass them and organize boycotts of companies that use them in advertising. 

• Like 4