Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT Ranked Last in Percentage of Players Vaxed - And Now It Matters

Dan T.

20 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I should have clarified, but I was referring to position coaches, who are indeed largely replaceable IMO.

Some are, some aren't.  I think we have seen here what having a bunch of know-nothing idiot position coaches can bring.  Jay's entire defensive staff in 2019 was a bunch of know-nothing idiots.  1 year later, they're all gone, a whole new crew comes in, and the unit is 1000X better.  Some of that is on Jack, some is on a few good player adds, but I think coaching matters at all levels.  The position coaches are the ones teaching technique and running the individual workouts.  That's really important for the fundamentals, and like with anything, there are some good ones, and some bad ones.  

Also remember, all head coaches were position coaches at one time.  

I'm not arguing just to argue.  I agree, there are some very interchangeable, average position coaches.  However, that's also the pool for coordinators and HCs, so some of them are really special, and not really easily replaceable.  

I know nothing about the guy from Minnesota.  FWIW. I have no idea if he was considered special or just average.  

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

Gonna be awkward for Dennison no matter where he goes. Even if Covid stopped existing in a year, he's gonna be that guy who chose to let down the entire team rather than let someone poke a needle in his arm.

Also the guy who was willing to give up a job and opportunity that others would literally kill for due to the strength of his own ignorance…in a league where players scrape and claw for one week on a practice squad, just to hang onto their dream a little longer. Not really a great look. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Also the guy who was willing to give up a job and opportunity that others would literally kill for due to the strength of his own ignorance…in a league where players scrape and claw for one week on a practice squad, just to hang onto their dream a little longer. Not really a great look. 

Patriots just fired a coach who is anti vaccines today too.

I'm reading that if one team causes a forfeit, that team also has to pay their opponent's costs/expenses/etc.  No NFL owner is going to want to do that, they're all so petty with each other.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

For the next week or two, I'm going to be terrified to see if Jack Del Rio is one of the latest headlines.

Could've sworn I read a quote back during OTA's saying every coach/staff was vaccinated, 100% there.  It was just the players.  I hope I didn't misread that or something.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Could've sworn I read a quote back during OTA's saying every coach/staff was vaccinated, 100% there.  It was just the players.  I hope I didn't misread that or something.

Looks like a WaPo article says the same. You have eased my mind.

• Like 7

The NFL needs to stay out of the enforcement business and worry about ratings. No one should be forced to take the jab.

Apparently, a new study shows that the Pfizer shot is only 39% effective from the "new Delta strand", making the jab completely irrelevant.

I'm not against vaccines,  but I can understand why some are hesitating to get one.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, primetime441 said:

The NFL needs to stay out of the enforcement business and worry about ratings. No one should be forced to take the jab.

Apparently, a new study shows that the Pfizer shot is only 39% effective from the "new Delta strand", making the jab completely irrelevant.

I'm not against vaccines,  but I can understand why some are hesitating to get one.

Sigh. Israel has found it's 39% effective at reducing infection AND 91% effective at preventing severe illness. What is the hesitation? A sore arm? Not dying from covid?

The NFL is a business. It can and will dictate to its employees what it wants. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, primetime441 said:

The double dose Pfizer shot is 88% effective against delta. 

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2108891

It’s in the ~30% range with only one dose.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Florgon79 said:

Sigh. Israel has found it's 39% effective at reducing infection AND 91% effective at preventing severe illness. What is the hesitation? A sore arm? Not dying from covid?

The NFL is a business. It can and will dictate to its employees what it wants. 

You're right.

Here's the article I saw:

"A full course of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was just 39% effective at preventing infections and 41% effective at preventing symptomatic infections caused by the Delta Covid-19 variant."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/07/23/pfizer-shot-just-39-effective-against-delta-infection-but-largely-prevents-severe-illness-israel-study-suggests/

People should still have a choice without the fear of facing severe repercussions. No private company should mandate a rule that requires medical clearance. If that's the case, we're diving into deep waters and can easily lose the line between what's acceptable and not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, primetime441 said:

People should still have a choice without the fear of facing severe repercussions. No private company should mandate a rule that requires medical clearance. If that's the case, we're diving into deep waters and can easily lose the line between what's acceptable and not.

As much as I don't want to, I tend to agree. It's a dangerous precedence to start forcing people to do this. I get it's a business and private corporations can do what they want but this is really just going to continue dividing  the country. 

I will say, a team should have the right to cut and/or penalize an unvaccinated player who contracts and spreads. Also, keep in mind, you can still get it with the vaccination (proof: me). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

As much as I don't want to, I tend to agree. It's a dangerous precedence to start forcing people to do this. I get it's a business and private corporations can do what they want but this is really just going to continue dividing  the country. 

I will say, a team should have the right to cut and/or penalize an unvaccinated player who contracts and spreads. Also, keep in mind, you can still get it with the vaccination (proof: me). 

That's all I'm really saying.

People should definitely take all the precautions, if they choose to. Take the vaccine if it makes you feel safe, but don't force it on your neighbor. 

At the end of the day, no matter how we spin it, it's still an experimental vaccine which doesn't guarantee you from contracting the virus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, primetime441 said:

You're right.

Here's the article I saw:

"A full course of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was just 39% effective at preventing infections and 41% effective at preventing symptomatic infections caused by the Delta Covid-19 variant."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/07/23/pfizer-shot-just-39-effective-against-delta-infection-but-largely-prevents-severe-illness-israel-study-suggests/

Well I hate to tell you but businesses can tell you what is acceptable with repercussions including losing your job. In fact a hospital in the Houston area mandated their staff be vaccinated and when employees sued, the judge threw out the lawsuit. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/06/22/us/houston-hospital-covid-vaccine.amp.html

Individuals have a right to get vaccinated or not, but the consequence might be you lose your job, that’s up to the employer.

Employers also have lots of rules about what you can and can’t do at work and many of those can lead to termination. Freedom to do what you want does not mean freedom from repercussions. 

Edited by Florgon79
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

Well I hate to tell you but businesses can tell you what is acceptable with repercussions including losing your job. In fact a hospital in the Houston area mandated their staff be vaccinated and when employees sued, the judge through out the lawsuit. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/06/22/us/houston-hospital-covid-vaccine.amp.html

Individuals have a right to get vaccinated or not, but the consequence might be you lose your job, that’s up to the employer.

Employers also have lots of rules about what you can and can’t do at work and many of those can lead to termination. Freedom to do what you want does not mean freedom from repercussions. 

Respectfully, "lots of rules" do not require you to take an experimental vaccine which is not FDA approved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, primetime441 said:

Respectfully, "lots of rules" do not require you to take an experimental vaccine which is not FDA approved.

You’re right. Some rules are innocuous, and yet your employer can still require you follow them or else.

There are other jobs out there and plenty of employers who don’t require you to be vaccinated in order to work. People are free to chose those jobs and employers instead. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, primetime441 said:

is also doesn't require you to play this season. Sit at home and wait for more research to come out. These adults are all capable of getting other jobs.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, primetime441 said:

I think you are missing the point or ignoring it - they cannot be physically forced to take the vaccine. But they can be fined, or even fired if they refuse. They also have the freedom to find other employment. But the NFL is well within their legal rights to mandate take the vaccine or risk losing pay or being fired. The players are free to either get the vaccine or find other employment. 

I will address the rest in the tailgate as it's a slippery slope toward politics unfortunately.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, primetime441 said:

I mean I hear what you are trying to say but there are jobs right now that require "medical clearance". My wife's at the respiratory therapy wing of her hospital for one. School teachers would be another example of a job requiring multiple vaccinations sometimes yearly. 

So its hardly lacking precedence the way you are suggesting. 

• Like 1