Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 NFL Draft Day Thread

TK
Message added by TK,

1223355385_draftpicks2021.jpeg.c39ad75f53563c858124413250ea8c49.jpeg

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Go back a few hundred pages to the start of the night and I said I liked St-Juste. Mostly cuz of his name. But I thought he was good too... but mostly because of the name.

Dude has a crazy wing span.

Possible FS convert?

• Like 3

Just now, JaxJoe said:

Don’t know this kid... can you enlighten us?

Physical man corner. Decent wing span. Played well in the Senior Bowl stuff. 

Fits what our D is going for. Likely serves as a backup behind Jackson for now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fresh8686 said:

Hell yea, I like this pick. Dude showed out at the senior bowl and is looooong. I love the way we’re drafting. Everyone has some kind of high end athletic trait. 

What this draft is telling me is they're not planning on competing this year but for the long haul. All three guys have oodles of potential but need to work on fundamentals. One year of mistakes and learning and then they're off.

• Like 1

ESPN:  

St-Juste is a big corner with long arms, good top-end speed and good body control. He's not a playmaker, but he doesn't lose many 50-50 battles. The former Michigan transfer is aggressive in run support and is an outstanding tackler for a corner. -- Steve Muench

Maybe ST, too?  

Benjamin St-Juste is a long-bodied cornerback who shows some promise as a perimeter cornerback. St-Juste isn’t the most dynamic athlete and he doesn’t appear to be a universal prospect, but his skill set and length will be attractive to either press-man heavy defenses or alternative deep third coverages. St-Juste has all of the extension skills and length needed to contest the catch point with consistency and when he’s able to stay on the hip of receivers he’s got ample disruption. Transitional quickness and long speed are not plus qualities and thus St-Juste will need to continue to work on his route recognition and route combination recognition if he’s going to develop into a viable starting cornerback at the pro level. As things currently stand, this is a traitsy prospect who offers some of the “uncoachables” for the position and his draft stock should be reflected accordingly to scheme-specific systems.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/benjamin-st-juste/MSoXa9JRJG

:229:The Rook

• Like 1