Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 NFL Draft Day Thread

TK
Message added by TK,

1223355385_draftpicks2021.jpeg.c39ad75f53563c858124413250ea8c49.jpeg

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

St Juste...

Wasn't he one of the ringleaders of the French Revolution?

With the 82nd pick the Washington Football Team selects Maximilien Robespierre

Thats awesome 

• Haha 2

A bit of a surprise, but he looks interesting. 

As an aside - this is the first pick that I was able to actually see as it happened. My 5 yr old threw up in his bed moments before we picked Davis last night, and I dozed off for a few minutes earlier and missed Cosmi.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I think it’s clear Ron wants a top 5 defense and they’re doing something somewhat interesting: they’re building on their strength.  

Im somewhat surprised they haven’t made a significant move at FS.  But otherwise they’ve addressed the issues they had which should allow the DL to be even more aggressive.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think it’s clear Ron wants a top 5 defense and they’re doing something somewhat interesting: they’re building on their strength.  

Im somewhat surprised they haven’t made a significant move at FS.  But otherwise they’ve addressed the issues they had which should allow the DL to be even more aggressive.  

Is Tre Boston still a FA?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah and they seem to be working the positions Keim talked about.  LT, CB, LB.  The next one he hit hard was FS.  Jamar Johnson next at safety?

On offense he highlighted TE the most followed by an outside receiver and RB depth. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

What this draft is telling me is they're not planning on competing this year but for the long haul. All three guys have oodles of potential but need to work on fundamentals. One year of mistakes and learning and then they're off.

I think its more they're drafting really good athletes and trusting their staff can coach them up. No more drafting stiffs like Ryan Anderson or Trent Murphy who are athletically limited.

Rivera/Del Rio know LBs. Our OL all performed at career best levels last year. And Rivera has always had CBs from nowhere play good football(got Darby paid after this past season). So all three positions have a track record of being developed well by this current staff.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1