Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

15 minutes ago, Blue Collar Skins said:

With that name you think that is an accurate account? Really?

I rarely look at last names on Twitter. In actuality I rarely go on Twitter. I got it as a notification pop up on my phone. 

As I said in the first post, however, was I found the @ odd... but once the name connected it was obviously not real.

Actually confused why I got a notification about that. Thought it had to be people you follow... :ols:

Oh well.

Edited by KDawg
  • Haha 2

Sammis Reyes on the difficulty and urgency of learning the intricacies of NFL TE play: "He who gets comfortable the fastest wins."

It is nearly impossible for me to not root for this guy. He wants it so bad but most of all-- he's willing to work to get it.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 7

Man Sammis showed up to practice 4 hours early and got in a practice before practice. The day before? He spent 10 hours studying with his girlfriend and drawing out plays on various white boards around the house. 

I am rooting for this kid to make the team so damn hard. I don’t think he’ll last on the practice squad. 

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I rarely look at last names on Twitter. In actuality I rarely go on Twitter. I got it as a notification pop up on my phone. 

As I said in the first post, however, was I found the @ odd... but once the name connected it was obviously not real.

Actually confused why I got a notification about that. Thought it had to be people you follow... :ols:

Oh well.

Come on KDawg we all know it's one of your burner accounts. 😉

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Oh well.

I clicked on a link from SIP a few days ago and two posts down someone welcomed McCain to the Falcons and I had a sad we missed out moment.  Then next poster called it out as BS.  It's a nightmare in there.  Haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Serious blast from the past just showed up on my youtube recommendations.

The legendary all time classic 1988 NFL fastest man competition with WFT Hall of Fame CB Darrel Green, Hershel Walker, Willie Gault and others.

Won't say any more so as not to spoil it for the youngins.

• Like 11

@TrancesWithWolves , that video was fun to watch. Thanks! Besides the entertainment value of it, I loved how broadcasts were so “plain” for lack of a better word. All business no frills. Now there would be fancy music, computer generated graphics and broadcasters cracking jokes trying to out dual each other.

Edited by dyst
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, dyst said:

@TrancesWithWolves , that video was fun to watch. Thanks! Besides the entertainment value of it, I loved how broadcasts were so “plain” for lack of a better work. All business no frills. Now there would be fancy music, computer generated graphics and broadcasters cracking jokes trying to out dual each other.

So true!

The athletes also seemed more humble and approachable-- much less self oriented.

Nowadays it's all about clout, mentions, followers and building the proverbial brand.

Athletes are more exposed and available to us through social media than they were in the past but paradoxically more distant and inaccesible as real in the flesh human beings.

Case in point, I used to go to Industrial Barber shop in DC and Darrell would occasionally be there (I think his father in law owned the shop).

If you didn't know who he was (but of course we all did) you wouldn't have thought he was any different than any other hard working middle class person getting his shape up for the weekend.

Thanks @TrancesWithWolves for the video.  I’m not buying that Darryl Green had “too good of a start” as Cefalo (?) said.  The replay showed that he just beat Woodson from the get-go, but we can’t tell more than that, since the slo-mo didn’t include the audio.  The live shot looked like a legit start to me.

• Like 1

I'm very happy that we signed McCain. Our best line-up in the secondary could be Fuller, Curl, McCain, Collins, and Jackson. Regardless of the positions that these five play, I think that RR and JDL will have our best players on the field most of the time. Exciting. The only thing I worry about is our depth at linebacker. Given what we have on the line and in the secondary, though, I think we can cover for that weakness if it emerges. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

I'm very happy that we signed McCain. Our best line-up in the secondary could be Fuller, Curl, McCain, Collins, and Jackson. Regardless of the positions that these five play, I think that RR and JDL will have our best players on the field most of the time. Exciting. The only thing I worry about is our depth at linebacker. Given what we have on the line and in the secondary, though, I think we can cover for that weakness if it emerges. 

They'll play more 2 LB'er sets with all the options.  Collins and Curl will be active in the box.  LB'ers won't be a huge drag on the D. 

• Like 5

I have not been this excited about our team since Gibbs 1. We are totally legit and are goiong to win a lot and do it in a very fun way. Big creating offemse and nasty attacking defense. I'm so siked. McCain was the cherry on the sunday.

• Like 13

25 minutes ago, CPAllTheWay012 said:

Now if only we could pull Ryan Kerrigan back.  Supposedly, the Vikings have eyes on him.

Danielle Hunter and Ryan Kerrigan is a pretty good duo. I feel like Kirk is pulling some strings here from behind the scenes. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

Really happy with both signings but mostly McCain, FS seems to have been such a problem position for so long. We targeted two FAs and both of them sign, could it be that we're really becoming a team that players want to play for?

I like Ron's version of culture change a lot better than Bruce's.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, London Kev said:

I like Ron's version of culture change a lot better than Bruce's.

To be fair to Bruce, he didn't need to change the culture too much. Didn't you get the memo about it being "Damn good"?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I have not been this excited about our team since Gibbs 1. We are totally legit and are goiong to win a lot and do it in a very fun way. Big creating offemse and nasty attacking defense. I'm so siked. McCain was the cherry on the sunday.

This Roster is legit.  The coaches will find more success in their systems with returning core players, upgrades, and depth.  The fact is the QB position is improved and Fitz has never had the luxury of NOT being required to pass his team to every victory.  He won't be forced to take extra risk.  That could help him improve his TD:INT ratio significantly.  I wouldn't be surprised to see 30 something TDs and umpTeen INTs (some amount in the teens; not Jameis Winston territory).  He usually starts fast. 

My favorite Fitz NFL RECORDS

• Most touchdown passes of at least 50 yards through a team's first two games – 4 (tied with Joe Namath)[161]
  • Most consecutive games of 400 yards passing and four touchdowns to begin a season – 2 (2018)[162]
  • Most consecutive games of 400 yards passing to begin a season – 3 (2018)[163]
  • Most consecutive games of 400 yards passing – 3 (2018)[163]
  • Most games with at least 400 passing yards in a single season – 4 (tied with Dan Marino and Peyton Manning)[164]
Edited by TheShredder
per GothSkinsFan's Grammerly app
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2