Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

"John Bates reminds me of a bigger, strong version of Jamie Asher."  I'm one of the few peeps here old enough to not go "who???"  Oh the glory days when we thought Scott's dad was going to lead us to the Promised Land, or at least the paloffs.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Am I the only one that thinks Reyes looks kind of lumbering? 

He looks like he has short legs and tight hips. The stumbling at the end of that catch is worrisome. It's a small sample size. I'd give it time but I'm not so sure he's going to make the roster.

Q about the PS.  The rule is you can poach players but you have to put them on your active roster.  Can a PS player decline to be poached and remain on his team's PS?  I get that most players would jump at the chance of an active roster, but to each his own.

1 minute ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Q about the PS.  The rule is you can poach players but you have to put them on your active roster.  Can a PS player decline to be poached and remain on his team's PS?  I get that most players would jump at the chance of an active roster, but to each his own.

Also getting paid more, so of course.

17 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Why would they? PS salary is $9200 per week. League minimum is $38800 per week!

Listened to Chris Russell who was at practice.  His take was he could see the sideline to sideline athleticism with ease with Jamin Davis.  He was impressed with how he conducts himself, remembers names, etc.   Samis Reyes had a drop but then some really nice catches including a circus catch.  John Bates looked sure handed. Dyami was mostly running intermediate routes -- digs, slants.  He thought Dyami looked good.

Jordan Ta'amu looked sharp.  He thinks he has a chance to beat out Montez. 

Snider is far from a football savant but for what its worth...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Thrilled with adding McCain.  Not only is he our best option at FS, he gives us even more flexibility, as he can play slot cb too.  With McCain, fuller, and curl playing multiple roles well, JDR will be able to disguise a lot of different looks.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

A good safety is going to get cut. Everrett or Reaves, two guys you would immediately expect to end up on someone else's roster. 

That's a good problem to have, as opposed to what we are used to: a bad player is going to end up making the team.  

I like both Reaves and Everett, but I'm not shedding any tears if we part ways with one bc we have better options ahead of them.  We shouldn't have a problem next offseason finding a comparable replacement.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

McCain signed one year contract 

Hopkins gonna go 8/34 in FGs this year

8 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I like both Reaves and Everett, but I'm not shedding any tears if we part ways with one bc we have better options ahead of them.  We shouldn't have a problem next offseason finding a comparable replacement.

I'd prefer to keep Everett because he excels on ST, but his injury history concerns me.

14 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

That's a good problem to have, as opposed to what we are used to: a bad player is going to end up making the team.  

I'll miss Everett, he's been with us for so long. But you are absolutely right, this is a good problem to have. Apke is 100% gone, there is no question about that lol. 

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I'd prefer to keep Everett because he excels on ST, but his injury history concerns me.

Tough call.  I'd probably lean Reaves, but I like Everett and what he has done for us.  I also think some on this board are expecting a little too much out of Reaves. 

But the cons on Everett are age (and hence cost), position (curl will have SS filled for the foreseeable future), and as you said, injury history.  Everett will probably be out of the league in a few years. 

The pros with Reaves are age (and hence lower short term cost), he plays a position FS where we currently have a long term need, and he has potential to blossom into a player that is better than expected.  

Considering day 3 of the draft is littered every year with players who can fill the ST void from Everett, I'd prefer Reaves.   

5 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I'll miss Everett, he's been with us for so long. But you are absolutely right, this is a good problem to have. Apke is 100% gone, there is no question about that lol. 

Yup, time to move on.  It's a shame too, I was hoping apke could develop into a center field type safety.  Great speed.  Just never materialized.  

• Like 2