Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

6 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

We cut the bum kicker Hopkins. 

Sadly, the right move. Looking at the past few weeks, it felt like the coaching staff made some on field decisions based on their lack of faith in the kicking game. 

Hopkins has had too many misses. He’s also a seven year vet, a finished product. I don’t see him magically transforming into Akers. 

At his best, he was a good kicker. Most of the time he was average. Too many times, he had periods of inconsistency. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

We need a thread solely for finding a qb nothing else matters till we find one, we can sign all the free agents in the world and if we are trotting out kyle allen or heinicke we will never get past being better than mediocre it would be interesting to see peoples insights on solely qb prospects since i feel many of you know the game on a amateur to professional level

56 minutes ago, LightningBuggs said:

New kicker has been out of college, where he was a 70% kicker, for 5 years and if he attempts a FG Sunday it will be try #1.

This is the best option available????

That's the thing, out of ALL the available kickers roaming the earth, this can't be the best option. Can't be.

• Like 1

Get the impression Rivera is a bit pissed off right now. Ground down, but pissed with the lack of application from the roster. Could see two or three moves to further drive home his point over the next week to ten days. 

Wonder if the trade deadline brings a move in some capacity.

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Tua stinks. Heinicke is actually the better player right now.

This might technically be true, and I don’t really want Tua so this isn’t a defense of sending a premium pick or more for him…but at least Tua has long-term upside if things click for him. Heinicke does not. 

Again, not a move I’d make. I think it’s desperation from Rivera if we do it and it costs more than a 3rd. But the Miami FO is in desperation mode to keep their jobs as well so idk if they’re the best judge of Tua’s potential. They need something to save their jobs now because they’ve bungled their entire rebuild.

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This is weird. Tua has not been good. For fairly cheap he has potential of course, better than what we have…but anything involving premium picks makes this a desperation move by Rivera. 

I’d happily see is take that chance on Tua, contract, potential etc as you say. Agree it would have an undercurrent of desperation to it, sadly I think that’s where we are. 

3 minutes ago, Panninho said:

I mean if it is for a 3rd I'd be fine. But I feel like it's going to be a steep overpay if we are actually in it...

Agreed, I think it would be a more premium pick that MIA needs to trade to HOU for Watson. I wouldn’t like that. 

38 minutes ago, bh32 said:

It better not be for a 1st round pick.

I doubt it, since Ron (and the rest of the world) knows our 1st could be top 5.   

A 2nd I'd be ok with, a 3rd I'd be very happy.   It's tough to gauge bc 1. How much value does Watson hold, considering we all know he will never play for Houston again.  2. How much value does tua hold, he hasn't lived up to his draft billing.  3.  How desperate are Miami and Houston to make this deal that they may be willing to lower their original demands to close the deal.

I think it would take a 2nd from Washington and a 1st from Miami to get the deal done.

9 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I doubt it, since Ron (and the rest of the world) knows our 1st could be top 5.   

A 2nd I'd be ok with, a 3rd I'd be very happy.   It's tough to gauge bc 1. How much value does Watson hold, considering we all know he will never play for Houston again.  2. How much value does tua hold, he hasn't lived up to his draft billing.  3.  How desperate are Miami and Houston to make this deal that they may be willing to lower their original demands to close the deal.

I think it would take a 2nd from Washington and a 1st from Miami to get the deal done.

Philly would smoke all other offers if they wanted to.  They'd offer their 3 firsts for Watson IMO.

• Like 1