Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Philadelphia Football Team : WIN & IN EDITION

TK
Message added by TK,

135559001_10159672646634237_291874112902

20 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

If we play Heinicke next week I think we got a chance to win! But come on, man, don't tell me the product tonight was watchable.

Come on, man. Can you not recognize the difference between playing the Eagles/Bucs front versus that cheddar cheese soft pretzel defense in garbage time against a trash Panthers squad?

I know Brady is the Goat and all, but I'm not scared of playing him next week. The only QBs who have really caused the Defense major issues have been the mobile ones. Kyler killed us. Hurts scored 2 TDs on us. Brady can throw a ball, but he can't run. He's going to be throwing the ball with Chase Young in his face all game long and that's not something to take lightly. Our secondary have been cashing in INTs for fun recently. In terms of matchups, this is one of the more favourable playoff draws imo.

I'm not drinking the kool aid on this one, but I do think we have a shot at the Bucs.

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I would if he were healthy. The Alex Smith I saw tonight gives this team no chance in hell next weekend.  None. Youre better off with someone who actually has the muscle in their legs to push the football down the field.

What if this dude is a turnover machine? He was in Carolina when he got extended playing time. You KNOW Alex isn’t 

14 minutes ago, Capsman said:

You think he was worthy of faith today?  He was a coward and an embarrassment.  

Coward? How can you even say that?? Alex led the team to a 5-1 record and division championship with 1.5 legs after a life threatening traumatic injury. You should apologize to him for the disrespect!

I’ve never felt so degraded after a loss. The eagles couldn’t have tried harder to throw that game... and we still barely won. 

I love Rivera but am disgusted with his last two weeks of qb choices. He better realize that if we want to have a shot at making the TB game interesting he needs to sit Alex.

1 minute ago, UKskins said:

I'm not drinking the kool aid on this one, but I do think we have a shot at the Bucs.

Any. Given. Sunday.

...or you know...Saturday

...sometimes Thursday

...or Monday

...and there was one on Wednesday this year.

But my point stands!

2 minutes ago, Capsman said:

You think he was worthy of faith today?  He was a coward and an embarrassment.  

I’ve been a member of this board for a long time. I read the Gameday Threads, weekly. I don’t post a whole hell of a lot, unless there is a narrative I feel passionately about. You, @Capsman, display one of those narratives ad nauseam. 

Your constant bashing of #11 is the true embarrassment.

Did AS have a rough day today?.....Yep

Is AS going to put the team on his back like Portis did in 07 and win games himself?....Very doubtful.

Is the WFT 5-1 with AS as the starter this season?....Yep

I’ll apologize ahead of time for this one, mods....

@Capsman, no one on earth is guaranteed tomorrow. How about you just shut the **** up, sit the **** down, and enjoy the ****ing fact that AS has helped lead our favorite football team into the playoffs for only the fifth time this century?

HTTWFT!

It's another opportunity to watch Young, Allen, Payne, Sweat and McLaurin. One more game than our NFC East rivals got. How can you be mad at that?

I'm proud of what the Team accomplished this year and I was even before we won the division. 

2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Come on, man. Can you not recognize the difference between playing the Eagles/Bucs front versus that cheddar cheese soft pretzel defense in garbage time against a trash Panthers squad?

Coming from someone who clearly doesn’t know what garbage time is...

I don't care if it was an ugly win... what I most wanted was for the players to get to play in the playoffs after this whole year, and they got it.  Helps solidify the belief in Rivera and in each other for next year and beyond.

As long as Smith can protect himself, I'm okay with going down in a ship with him under center.  Realistically we're not riding to the Superbowl with Heinikie.  I'm okay with making this playoff run a good experience for the young guys and a swan song for one of the most incredible comeback story in sports history.

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

What if this dude is a turnover machine? He was in Carolina when he got extended playing time. You KNOW Alex isn’t 

Alex had 3(??) turnovers tonight.

Healthy Alex is not a turnover machine. One leg Alex from today is a turnover machine and a sack magnet. If he is not significantly more healed next week, then none of us can say we KNOW anything.

Archived