Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Philadelphia Football Team : WIN & IN EDITION

TK
Message added by TK,

135559001_10159672646634237_291874112902

1 minute ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

He’d done exactly nothing the entire second half and had some bad misses on a few throws (including on 4th and goal). So maybe there’s something there. 

Washington wins this game even if Hurts stays in. 

Probably.

But Nate was so dreadful immediately upon entering the game, it changed the narrative from Hurts looking bad to WTF was that.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sometimes I think about how awkward the season review video is going to be when they have to edit out all the highlights that have Dwayne Haskins in them. Then I remember that there were maybe 2 highlights in the entire season that involved Dwayne Haskins.

9 hours ago, RWJ said:

Agreed.  TH gives us the only chance to win against TB.  Alex won his SB tonight by helping us win the division.  He should ride off into the sunset as a player and stay on as a coach for this team in some capacity. 

LOL. 

A guy plays part of a game and you are ready to put him in, and take out the 5-1 starter. 

It is going to come down to his health and how he is feeling today, nothing else. 

Assuming he didn't have a setback another week plus some confidence should improve the situation next week.  

8 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

At this point “ He was a coward and an embarrassment.” you’re not analyzing, you are questioning someone’s heart and courage.  

I’d simply like to know what qualifies you to do so beyond keyboard commando status.

Don’t worry, I don’t really expect you to answer.

I am not questioning his heart, yes I am questioning his courage.  I don't think his courage nearly matched his desire to be out there.  Some have called it "being careful"; whether he was afraid to take a hit or afraid of making a mistake, he clearly was hurting the team.  My issue with him is not his limited mobility, going out there and playing despite his injury is the "heart" part.  But when you are running backward and outside the pocket the moment you recognize a blitz and don't even give your o-line a chance to pick it up, that's more than "being careful".  I've seen plenty of hobbled QBs hang in the pocket and either let routes develop or take the sack. 

Maybe coward was harsh, but playing an entire game so you're not touched did the team no favors. His "heart" got in the way of doing the right thing and sitting until he's physically able to play the position without stinking.  And comparing a non-NFL player like me to an NFL QB is ridiculous. It's like a physician saying "well, can you do better?" to a lay person after being negligent and committing malpractice. We sign up for our professions and are held to standards comparable to others in our profession, not those outside the profession.  

Just watched the game. It was fugly but we won,  NFC East champions ****es!!!!!!!

**** the giants, cowboys and eagles, and **** all of their pathetic whinging fans. It may have come down to the final game, but it's a sixteen game season and every game counts the same. We won seven games and you only won six. Seven is a bigger number than six, do you see?

2 hours ago, Hdf561 said:

Ehhh I just think I’m realistic...hasn’t Sims Jr been an issue all year on returns yet Ron the savior keeps him there. 

Sure we won the NFC East BARELY in a horrible division absolutely retched, and barely won last night Hurts stays in I am not so sure we win that game. 

I haven’t seen much this season that equates to playoff wins. I’m always happy we are in ill

probably even buy a t-shirt but let’s not confuse realism for negativity 

he actually had Greg Stroman back there some, then he got hurt

37 minutes ago, Capsman said:

I am not questioning his heart, yes I am questioning his courage.  I don't think his courage nearly matched his desire to be out there.  Some have called it "being careful"; whether he was afraid to take a hit or afraid of making a mistake, he clearly was hurting the team.  My issue with him is not his limited mobility, going out there and playing despite his injury is the "heart" part.  But when you are running backward and outside the pocket the moment you recognize a blitz and don't even give your o-line a chance to pick it up, that's more than "being careful".  I've seen plenty of hobbled QBs hang in the pocket and either let routes develop or take the sack. 

Maybe coward was harsh, but playing an entire game so you're not touched did the team no favors. His "heart" got in the way of doing the right thing and sitting until he's physically able to play the position without stinking.  And comparing a non-NFL player like me to an NFL QB is ridiculous. It's like a physician saying "well, can you do better?" to a lay person after being negligent and committing malpractice. We sign up for our professions and are held to standards comparable to others in our profession, not those outside the profession.  

Dude.

alex-smith-bloody-leg.jpg

Was this not enough for you in December? Not enough courage? The player was mediocre yesterday, but it was not for lack of courage or being a coward. gtfo with that ****.

Maybe it's just me but I never got the impression that CapsSkins was saying that Alex, the human being, is literally a coward.  Obviously he's not, in fact - he's got to be half crazy to put that leg out there again in any capacity after what he's been though.

I thought he was simply referring to how he played yesterday.  If any other QB played the way Alex did yesterday, folks would have their pitchforks out in a big way.  He was skiddish and turned the ball over, without ever forcing the issue remotely downfield.  The comeback from that injury bought Alex a lot of goodwill that has allowed a lot of fans to overlook how bad he played.  Rightfully so, it's absolutely courageous and I get that this rather young team is buying into what the vet is selling.  But if Dwayne played like Alex did last night, there would be maybe 2 or 3 people defending his play.

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Maybe it's just me but I never got the impression that CapsSkins was saying that Alex, the human being, is literally a coward.  Obviously he's not, in fact - he's got to be half crazy to put that leg out there again in any capacity after what he's been though.

then you phrase it as playing scared, it's a well known description in pro sports

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I thought he was simply referring to how he played yesterday.  If any other QB played the way Alex did yesterday, folks would have their pitchforks out in a big way.  He was skiddish and turned the ball over, without ever forcing the issue remotely downfield.  The comeback from that injury bought Alex a lot of goodwill that has allowed a lot of fans to overlook how bad he played.  Rightfully so, it's absolutely courageous and I get that this rather young team is buying into what the vet is selling.  But if Dwayne played like Alex did last night, there would be maybe 2 or 3 people defending his play.

Many are calling to start a street walk off who couldn't even start in the XFL after Smith's performance yesterday.  Yet none of those posts are attracting a strong reaction.  

If the poster criticized the play instead of calling Smith a coward, sure that would be a reasonable take.  But that's not what was posted, thus the uproar.

27 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Many are calling to start a street walk off who couldn't even start in the XFL after Smith's performance yesterday.  Yet none of those posts are attracting a strong reaction.  

If the poster criticized the play instead of calling Smith a coward, sure that would be a reasonable take.  But that's not what was posted, thus the uproar.

Speaking for myself, I've 'reacted' to the calls for TH and posted as much.  I can understand why folks want to do that but know it's not that easy from a coaching standpoint and simply isn't bound to happen unless Alex himself says he can't go.

I get that it was a poor choice of words on his behalf, but it was easy for me to glean what he meant.  Not so much because of the poster, but because if there is anything unanimous - I'd think it would be that Alex is not a coward in general.

1 hour ago, Capsman said:

I'm gonna jump in here, no way Alex is a coward, but I wonder at what point does the organization have a responsibility to say "enough is enough". We are playing with fire leaving Alex out there to fight for survival. It's clear he's not playing aggressively and is trying to avoid getting hurt. I'm also tired of hearing about how great of a game manager he is and how he doesn't make mistakes to hurt the team. He is making a lot of mistakes and is hurting the team in some respects. If the attitude of the coaching staff is that we're playing with house money then put in Heinicke and roll with him. None of us want to see Alex get hurt again and we are all grateful for what he's done for the team this year. I believe it's time to sit him down and use him only if needed...Alex's story is inspirational but he should not be out there playing not to get injured in a playoff game, that's not fair to anyone. 

Does anyone else think it was somewhat reckless to allow Alex to keep playing last night.  He had ZERO chance of protecting himself in case a play broke down.  I still have 20/20 vision (hahaha) and my eyes were watching a man that could not run away from any danger.  Even if he felt pressure (which wasn’t there sometimes) and he defaulted to throwing a ball away or tryin to run out of the pocket.  

I hope he heals more this week which will give him somewhat of a chance to escape pressure.  Or just the ability to drive off his back foot and throw the ball down the field. 

Just some thoughts....

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Maybe it's just me but I never got the impression that CapsSkins was saying that Alex, the human being, is literally a coward.

Whoa whoa whoa, you got the wrong guy here.

I AM NOT THE POSTER CALLING ALEX SMITH A COWARD.

Now, I am saying he can't move and I think Heinicke gives us a better chance to win. But I would NEVER use the word "coward" and "Alex Smith" in the same sentence.

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Whoa whoa whoa, you got the wrong guy here.

I AM NOT THE POSTER CALLING ALEX SMITH A COWARD.

Now, I am saying he can't move and I think Heinicke gives us a better chance to win. But I would NEVER use the word "coward" and "Alex Smith" in the same sentence.

Sorry, the whole time I thought it was you.  My bad.

2 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Sometimes I think about how awkward the season review video is going to be when they have to edit out all the highlights that have Dwayne Haskins in them. Then I remember that there were maybe 2 highlights in the entire season that involved Dwayne Haskins.

The one lady in the video got it right when she said we would finish with a losing record. Technically we did :)

4 hours ago, Capsman said:

I’m not comparing your talent or ability to an NFL qb or a doctor in your comparison.  Talents and ability have nothing to do with courage.

You chose to take the narrative beyond Xs and Os.  You took it upon yourself to set the bar.  

I’m simply asking how you, an apparent arbiter if cowardice, became such a subject matter expert from the cozy confines of your keyboard.

Coach Rivera is in a really tough spot.  Alex is clearly struggling with his right leg.  I don't know how much of it is physical and how much is mental but he is really favoring it.  With Alex at QB the only way to have a chance of beating Tampa would involve a heavy dose of Gibson and a defense that gets off the bus blitzing and pressuring the GOAT. 

I don't know if TH could get the job done but at least he's mobile.  But how can RR keep Alex out of the game though?  That would be a heartless - Belichick type move.  Rivera has to hope for the best with Alex.  This game could get really ugly and out of hand if the offense is forced to play from behind.  

However, if Alex finds a way to overcome this and outduel Brady then the game would for certain be a 30 for 30 candidate.  

47 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

How bad were we a couple years ago, that Suds actually beat us ?

The final game of the 2018 season? Didn’t he play once the game was already very clearly wrapped up for Philly, or did sudfeld actually start the game? If the former, then i mean, it was 20-0 by that point i think, and our gruden-led team had nothing to play for. If the latter, then, well.....that, and manusky. 

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Maybe it's just me but I never got the impression that CapsSkins was saying that Alex, the human being, is literally a coward. 

He was a coward and an embarrassment.”

That’s the quote from CapsMAN.  You tell me where there gray area is.

I have zero problems w fans being over the top when it comes to judging a player as a player on the field.  I don’t know Alex Smith from Adam and I highly doubt CapsMAN does either so he makes that definitive statement, sorry, I’m going to strongly request that he support that statement.

5 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

That’s the quote.  You tell me where there gray area is.

I have zero problems w fans being over the top when it comes to judging a player as a player on the field.  I don’t know Alex Smith from Adam and I highly doubt Capskins does either so he makes that definitive statement, sorry, I’m calling his ass out in it.

It was Capsman, not CapsSkins. See above.

8 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

That’s the quote from Capskins.  You tell me where there gray area is.

I have zero problems w fans being over the top when it comes to judging a player as a player on the field.  I don’t know Alex Smith from Adam and I highly doubt Capskins does either so he makes that definitive statement, sorry, I’m going to strongly request that he support that statement.

"He was" led me to believe he meant that based on how he played last night.  "He is" would be more definitive that he thinks he's actually a coward overall.  But I mean really it's cool, I don't care - stone him in the public square.  I was just giving what I gathered from what he was saying, others obviously feel different.

Archived