Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

The main reason I don't want Heinicke to start, is because if he goes down then it's definitely over. 

If Smith starts the game and establishes the game, then Heinicke starts the second half it'll be a spark we will probably need and they won't be as prepared.

This is what I expect, but the change probably needs to happen before the second half.  

We will need a lights out game from the D and a big special teams play.  (Hopefully the refs let them play and we don't get backbreaking holding calls that will ultimately kill our drives, or ticky-tack roughing calls for Tom.)

• Like 1

Just now, Tedskins 21 said:

This is what I expect, but the change probably needs to happen before the second half.  

We will need a lights out game from the D and a big special teams play.  (Hopefully the refs let them play and we don't get backbreaking holding calls that will ultimately kill our drives, or ticky-tack roughing calls for Tom.)

I agree. I expect them to definitely get the jump on us in the first half. They just have too much fire power for us to really slow them down, but if we keep it close enough then the second half when our DLine is still fresh, we should be able to change their game and stay in it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tedskins 21 said:

Hopefully the refs let them play and we don't get backbreaking holding calls that will ultimately kill our drives, or ticky-tack roughing calls for Tom.

Yeah...its Tom F'in Brady...there is no way the refs aren't gonna protect the hell out of him.  The last three weeks they've basically been turning a blind eye to offensive holding against our D.  I expect that to continue this weekend.  Mind you...I'm excited and happy as hell about being in the playoffs regardless, so I don't want this to sound bitter and angry.  But the refereeing this year has really chapped my ass.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

NOTE:  I don't know if most Americans understand that they're systematically isolated.  Most media is blocked to and from the USA. 

Need to be slightly tech savvy to get uncensored access to world media.  Using a VPN will soon be a crime.  Should be aware that the most popular and best deals on VPNs have been created by the US shadow agencies.  FYI 

I can't listen to 106.7 link above without a USA VPN connected. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Tedskins 21 said:

Dont worry about that!  Steven SIms consistently delivers in this category!

1230322346.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Sad 4

At this point I'd be surprised if Heinicke doesn't start.  

Like I said earlier, I'm cool with it.  He's healthier, he knows the playbook.  And quite frankly, there's not a lot of tape of him out there for Tampa to scout, despite the fact that there are well known limitations to his game.  I don't know how much that really matters but I believe that Tampa would have a somewhat easier time preparing for Alex Smith.

• Like 1

I think it's a 50/50 roll of the dice to play him. And being a 7-9 team those are great odds 

He reminds me most of Kirk Cousins. In the early years you could clearly see Kirk had a great ability to read defenses and he was an aggressive gunslinger. But he would make a lot of boneheaded plays. So he would look amazing for 9 plays and then have a horrible one. The games where he avoided those he looked amazing. TH seems the same, and the key for Kirk getting to where he did was learning to minimize those. He looks to have a high ceiling where he can carve defenses apart. But there's a reason he's a journeyman QB and it's likely because of lots of boneheaded plays.

• Like 2

I know it sounds weird but i feel like Heinicke will move the ball pretty well and put up some points. However, i think he has at least 3 picks in him so i don’t think we have a chance with him. Reminds me of 2013/2014 Kirk. We can’t win a game against TB with that type of performance. I see a 2 TD, 3 INT, 260 yard game. 

Our only way to win is to squeak out a 20-17, 24-21 type of score with the QB literally being a manager that protects the ball. Alex has struggled with that this year but I’d trust him more than Heinicke to do that. So yeah i think this is a really tough spot. I think Alex is cooked so the decision has been made for us. 

• Like 1

My biggest two fears about Heinicke starting is one, that he does well enough to have a lot of people on this board thinking the QB position is solved and being "cult like" insufferable all offseason. Second biggest fear is that he does look great, but gets injured at the end and then we have to go to Seattle to with Montez and I really want a rematch with them.

14 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

My biggest two fears about Heinicke starting is one, that he does well enough to have a lot of people on this board thinking the QB position is solved and being "cult like" insufferable all offseason. Second biggest fear is that he does look great, but gets injured at the end and then we have to go to Seattle to with Montez and I really want a rematch with them.

I mean, our hands are tied in relation to injury. Trotting out an old injured QB because you’re worried another QB might get injured is silly. A football players best ability is his availability.

Second, if one of your worries is that we win a playoff game and the QB gets too much love in here then maybe you need to lighten up, Francis.

IF we make it to a game against Seattle, maybe Smith is healthy enough to start by then. 

Either way it goes, try to enjoy the moment, if your biggest worry is how us silly fans will react, then rest assured that Rivera will not be pressured into personnel decisions just because us sillies are on here typing away like a bunch of buffoons. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

I mean, our hands are tied in relation to injury. Trotting out an old injured QB because you’re worried another QB might get injured is silly. A football players best ability is his availability.

Second, if one of your worries is that we win a playoff game and the QB gets too much love in here then maybe you need to lighten up, Francis.

IF we make it to a game against Seattle, maybe Smith is healthy enough to start by then. 

Either way it goes, try to enjoy the moment, if your biggest worry is how us silly fans will react, then rest assured that Rivera will not be pressured into personnel decisions just because us sillies are on here typing away like a bunch of buffoons. 

Yep, my comment was absolutely silly as intended, Francis.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I'm looking forward to seeing the kid, but I'm concerned. Seen the movie too many times. Kid comes in at the tail end of a game off the bench and lights things up, gets everyone excited, then starts and ends up showing everyone why he hadn't been a starter up until that point. All that said, if Alex is still hurting, it's the only real choice we have. No way we can go with the same Smith we had play last week and expect to have a shot at this team. 

• Like 1

Not much more to add to the above comments. But I feel the kid has a better chance at success because he knows the playbook. It's obvious from the CAR game that he understands his options. It will up to the rest of the O players to keep him in the game mentally. Plus, I'm confident Alex will be in his ear providing advice & words of wisdom while the WFT defense is on the field.

Bring it on, kid, we're rooting for you.