Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I want nothing more than for this kid to be awesome and have a fairy tale story on our hands.

But my gut says he turns it over and we wheel Alex out to try and save the day.

Yes, I can see it now...

Alex arrives stiff as a board, trussed up and strapped to his stallion to save the day and lead us to the playoffs— like a modern day version of El Cid.

image.gif.50a9f76e2b402dfcdc779a99d396da8f.gif

The stuff of legend.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, lovemaskins said:

Yeah he was amazing for ODU and Wilder loved him.  He showed moxy and awareness Sunday e.g. pumpfaking while scrambling (I've always liked that)

You know who else pump-faked while scrambling?  Former Redskins OT Andy Heck (in junior high, and I fell for it, which was better than getting trucked by a future offensive lineman.)  I'll tell you something, the Robert Frost Jr. High class of '81 sure had some good athletes for a school in the burbs but not burby enough to be cornfed.  (That would have been Leesburg.)

Edited by GothSkinsFan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

It's looking like Alex Smith is playing against the Eagles. Here's something else to ponder, we have only lost one game all season under Smith, and we have completely dominated every team in the second half, especially the games he started. This is a different team under Smiths leadership, they are not only a legit playoff contender, but are more than capable of knocking anyone out of the playoffs. Here's to knocking Philly out of our way and path to the Big Show! Happy New Year everyone!

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

It's looking like Alex Smith is playing against the Eagles. Here's something else to ponder, we have only lost one game all season under Smith, and we have completely dominated every team in the second half, especially the games he started. This is a different team under Smiths leadership, they are not only a legit playoff contender, but are more than capable of knocking anyone out of the playoffs. Here's to knocking Philly out of our way and path to the Big Show! Happy New Year everyone!

True, but this could also be the first game that Alex plays, and TMC doesn't.

I have a feeling it won't hold us back though, because if TH can come that close to leading a comeback of two TD's behind, all in the 4th quarter, and all without TMC, then I would expect Alex can do enough to win, with the remaining receivers.

A good dose of Gibson should help anchor the offense.

It cannot be overstated, the impact that our new additions of Gibson, McKissick, and Thomas have made.

They initially were under the radar signings, with low expectations for this year, but I don't think anyone, including the biggest WFT homer expected all those 'low-profile' guys to have such an impact

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

True, but this could also be the first game that Alex plays, and TMC doesn't.

I have a feeling it won't hold us back though, because if TH can come that close to leading a comeback of two TD's behind, all in the 4th quarter, and all without TMC, then I would expect Alex can do enough to win, with the remaining receivers.

A good dose of Gibson should help anchor the offense.

If we get our running game on, it's a wrap! We will dominate this game on both sides of the ball and roll out of the Linc NFC East Champs.

Edited by RedskinsLegacy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

If we get our running game on, it's a wrap! We will control this game on both sides of the ball, offense and defense.

Seeing as how we abandoned it last week for no reason when it was working is troubling. It doesn't worry me that our run game won't work, are we actually going to use it this time?

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Seeing as how we abandoned it last week for no reason when it was working is troubling. It doesn't worry me that our run game won't work, are we actually going to use it this time?

Turner should have continued to rely on the run game, but in his defense I don’t think he expected Haskins to play as bad as he did. Haskins just had to hit some open receivers underneath to keep the team rolling to 2nd and medium/short and keep the Panthers guessing, but he was struggling to see the field and ended up locking in on receivers and throwing into coverage instead. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Yes we did Simmsy and for only one reason, panic. The multiple times we went down the field and came up empty, we could have kicked field goals and put us in position to win the game. Not only was this a very winnable game, but we would have smoked them with anyone besides Haskins. This is the mindset that Haskins put our coaches in. The only good thing that came out of this is other many forgot how good we were playing, and that 4 in a row roll we were on would easily be 6 now. 

3 hours ago, RansomthePasserby said:

Turner should have continued to rely on the run game, but in his defense I don’t think he expected Haskins to play as bad as he did. Haskins just had to hit some open receivers underneath to keep the team rolling to 2nd and medium/short and keep the Panthers guessing, but he was struggling to see the field and ended up locking in on receivers and throwing into coverage instead. 

For real, this was so damn simple. Just move the ball and don't turn it over multiple times. Thank God the last of the Snyder mistakes are gone! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

If we get our running game on, it's a wrap! We will dominate this game on both sides of the ball and roll out of the Linc NFC East Champs.

Spot on here. We can still win even if the running game struggles. But if it's going well, no way Philly wins. Fletcher will not be playing and that helps a lot. He has been a 1 man WFT wrecking ball - at least it seems that way. It will be a tough game for sure but one we can win. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

@TrancesWithWolves

is that chart saying he had a bottom percentile Wonderlic score? I can't believe that

I interpreted it as “no data to display” ie he either didn’t take the test or they didn’t have access to his score. I could be wrong of course.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, moondog said:

Kirk Cousins: he picks up meaningless garbage stats at the end of games and isn’t any good. 

Taylor Heinicke: he could be our franchise qb. 

LOL

Not one person has made this argument but okay.

The point about Cousins was that he wasn't worth $30M/yr back in 2018 when he signed w/ MIN. No **** on this team he would be more than good enough to win a SB w/ this defense.

• Thanks 2

On 12/31/2020 at 6:52 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

But if you're this excited about him after 1 quarter of football...I'll have what you're having.

After three years of Alex Smith, Josh Johnson, Colt McCoy, Mark Sanchez, Case Keenum, Dwayne Haskins, and Kyle Allen, I am excited about any QB who can move the ball with authority. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Not one person has made this argument but okay.

The point about Cousins was that he wasn't worth $30M/yr back in 2018 when he signed w/ MIN. No **** on this team he would be more than good enough to win a SB w/ this defense.

And look what happened to Minnesota's defense after cousins demanded so much money!  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

O'Brien talks about Heinicke when he was a Texan

at 0:44

"I like a lot of thing about him. I think he's smart, an accurate passer, he makes good decisions, he's picked up our system pretty well, he's mobile, he can make plays on his own"

Sometimes the difference between success and failure simply comes down to timing and opportunity.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Heinicke had two series of garbage time yards and threw up some good 50/50 balls along with a few easy INT balls.  He's a pure backup and nothing to get excited about. 

Funny how the listed Height and Weights are inflated on rosters, but there's good'ol Turner in his presser saying he's only 6 foot #200.  LOL