Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

7 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

For everyone saying Heinicke is likely a backup.... Y'all do realize that Alex Smith is also no better than a backup at this stage in his career? 

Heinicke is the better QB right now. He's likely not a long term answer, but let's not act like Alex is lighting it up. 

He's a game manager and that is all this team needs the way our defense is playing. I am very curious how well this kid Heinicke can play, too bad we didn't start him last week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Rivera must have a huge load of confidence in Smith or Heinicke and the team in general, in their ability to beat Philadelphia, by practically giving the game away last week, by going with a QB who might already be done as a starter in the NFL

Honestly if delaying the division crown a week is the cost of parting ways with Haskins for good, I’ll take it. I’d rather rip the Haskins band aid off now than have Heinicke start and win against the Panthers while Haskins lingers on the roster through the playoffs and into the off season.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TheShredder said:

Heinicke had two series of garbage time yards and threw up some good 50/50 balls along with a few easy INT balls.  He's a pure backup and nothing to get excited about. 

Funny how the listed Height and Weights are inflated on rosters, but there's good'ol Turner in his presser saying he's only 6 foot #200.  LOL

being down 14 with 9 minutes qualifies as "garbage time" in your books... then, ok.

Seems to me we were still very much in that game, but whatever.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Not one person has made this argument but okay.

The point about Cousins was that he wasn't worth $30M/yr back in 2018 when he signed w/ MIN. No **** on this team he would be more than good enough to win a SB w/ this defense.

Was just making a joke about the mood swings of so many fans on our players, especially QBs. I liked what I saw from Heinicke but just a little hyperbole making fun of ourselves because up until a few weeks ago plenty of people didn’t even think much of chase young. 

I will be very interested in our QB play tomorrow night no matter who is in. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, moondog said:

Was just making a joke about the mood swings of so many fans on our players, especially QBs. I liked what I saw from Heinicke but just a little hyperbole making fun of ourselves because up until a few weeks ago plenty of people didn’t even think much of chase young. 

I will be very interested in our QB play tomorrow night no matter who is in. 

All good man plus I am always down to rag on Kurt!!!

Maybe he can schedule 15 minute increments of watching us win a playoff game while he sits on his couch. 😉

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This is pretty flattering from that article :

"I coached quarterbacks 32 years; I've only had one five-read guy, and that was Taylor," former ODU coach Bobby Wilder said. "He could go 1 through 5 in 2.6 seconds because of his ability to do one or two pre-snap reads and then get into the play."

Heinicke seems like a Mobile, Mini-Smith.

I get giddy just thinking about Smith tutoring or mentoring Heinicke this offseason and hopefully next season. Then watching Smith download his smarts into an already smart QB. Wow.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

"I coached quarterbacks 32 years; I've only had one five-read guy, and that was Taylor," former ODU coach Bobby Wilder said. "He could go 1 through 5 in 2.6 seconds because of his ability to do one or two pre-snap reads and then get into the play."

Heinicke seems like a Mobile, Mini-Smith.

I get giddy just thinking about Smith tutoring or mentoring Heinicke this offseason and hopefully next season. Then watching Smith download his smarts into an already smart QB. Wow.

As crazy as this sounds and “Yes, I know Alex gives us the best chance to win tomorrow”, part of me still can’t help wondering what Taylor might do against the Eagles if given the start.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, TheShredder said:

Heinicke had two series of garbage time yards and threw up some good 50/50 balls along with a few easy INT balls.  He's a pure backup and nothing to get excited about. 

Funny how the listed Height and Weights are inflated on rosters, but there's good'ol Turner in his presser saying he's only 6 foot #200.  LOL

Once u comprehend what gargbage time is then u may continue to post.

7 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

It was clear as day how quick he moves thru his progressions. Quite a bit different then the qb who just stared down mcclaurin or the other qb who looked downfield just to dump it off.

I said it in the next day thread, this guy always threw to the most open wr, you could see that he was finding the best option on every play. 

i love Alex but am disappointed we aren’t going with heineke. We know we have a nice game manage in Alex, let’s see if we have something more in this kid. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, petey hodge said:

being down 14 with 9 minutes qualifies as "garbage time" in your books... then, ok.

Especially with 3 tds called back or missed 

Do we have any reason why he lost out to Allen in Carolina? Was it just a size thing? Preseason performance? Injuries? 

19 hours ago, petey hodge said:

considering how most fans speak of Jason Campbell's time here they always have

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CTskin said:
On 1/2/2021 at 8:12 AM, TheShredder said:

Once u comprehend what gargbage time is then u may continue to post.

Clearly down 2 TDs almost halfway through the 4th Qtr. facing deep zone coverage allows for a string of easy yards.  I do think he did a good job off the bench, however he's far from anything to get overly excited about.  You can shut your mouth when the adults are talking.

2 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Can we finally beat the drums louder this week that Heinicke needs to start next week if we are going to have a chance? 

I'll drink to that.

Look, Alex is not playing for some big contract next year... He's playing for his kids.  He's done enough.

He's also a leader of men... and he needs to know his limitations and be willing to pass the reins to the best QB who gives the 53 guys on the team the best chance at winning (if he's feeling like he cant).

I trust Alex can make the call to pull himself out if he's got excruciating pain... for the team's best chance to advance.

2 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Alex Smith is turn over prone not even an average qb

11-5 as a starter. Team is 6-26 without him.

I’m not saying his performances have been great - they haven’t. But it’s hard to deny what he’s done. And I wish more people saw that. 

But yes, our quarterback play is certainly... not good.

• Like 4

That was a really gutty performance. Alex did enough (barely) to win the game, but he was really, really limited by that leg. If he doesn't improve over the week, it might be better to trot out Heinicke. I do like the "One Not Done" sentiment, but I think making the 'offs was this team's high mark.  Alex might give us our best chance because of his savvy, but Heinicke may give us our best chance because of play.

37 minutes ago, KDawg said:

11-5 as a starter. Team is 6-26 without him.

I’m not saying his performances have been great - they haven’t. But it’s hard to deny what he’s done. And I wish more people saw that. 

You can't point to a W-L record and pin that on the starting quarterback.  During that winning streak the team faced the likes of Ryan Finley, Andy Dalton, and Nick Mullens.  Also got lucky enough to have Doug Pederson bench Hurts to play Nate Sudfeld last night.  And some of those losses that are attributed to the other starters were games where he played the majority in...and looked terrible.  Realistically, this team is 4-3 with him in games where he's played the majority of this season.

Edited by DJHJR86