Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Two things:

1) I think for a lot of us it is not about Heinicke over Smith, it is Heinicke over an injured Smith that can't plant and throw and/or becomes ineffective anytime he is flushed from the pocket.  If Alex Smith was 100% or at least could still make all his normal throws then that would be a different story.

For me its not even him rolling out. I think if he is on his mental awareness game he can bail and roll out just fine, not as good as pre injury but acceptably. Its his huge drop off in ability to navigate the pocket. He cannot move laterally or step up quickly if the foot he is planting is the bad leg. 

The 49ers game he couldn't throw. That wasn't the problem recently it was inability to slide and step up in the pocket. 

7 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I figured this was going to happen anyway, just in case. Alex stepping in as the starter is totally natural, but glad they are getting Heinicke ready.

Guess we all have to learn the right way to spell that, huh? lol

• Haha 1

With Smith STILL being sore on Thursday with just one more full day before the game I really hope we go with Heinickeeeeee. If Smith was healthy you go with him, but if he is like he was against the Eagles we will not win with him. Might as well try Heinickeeeeee even if it doesnt work out, I think its the only chance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

We’re playing with house money so I’m totally fine with Taylor if Alex isn’t ready

Exactly.  Alex got them this far so they they should see what they've got with Heinicke going into next year and IMO gives them the best shot to win if it's close. 

• Thanks 1

Is Steven Montez getting any reps this week?  Any with the first team?

I think we should start Alex, once we see the bucs defensive coordinator rip up the Hienicke portion of the game plan, we sit Alex and let the kid become the legend he was destined to be.

3 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

Is Steven Montez getting any reps this week?  Any with the first team?

I think we should start Alex, once we see the bucs defensive coordinator rip up the Hienicke portion of the game plan, we sit Alex and let the kid become the legend he was destined to be.

Rivera said both Heinecke and “Man Mountain” Montez threw well.

5 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

He is living the dream right now. Playoff game against Brady. Even if he knows **** all I’d be saying that too...:rofl89:

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

What better story than a career PS guy beating the GOAT in a playoff game?

Heinicke to Brady :

"I'm comin, Tom. I'm comin for ya !"

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

WARNING : Readers, when you click on this link, you will get an opinion on Tampa's chances, from a guy who used to play QB for Tampa

8 hours ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Rivera said both Heinecke and “Man Mountain” Montez threw well.

Montez is our Ben DiNucci...

7 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

What better story than a career PS guy beating the GOAT in a playoff game?

Bran the Broken

original.jpg

just kidding.  Bran's story was terrible.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

The main reason I don't want Heinicke to start, is because if he goes down then it's definitely over. 

If Smith starts the game and establishes the game, then Heinicke starts the second half it'll be a spark we will probably need and they won't be as prepared.

• Like 2