Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

On 12/28/2020 at 2:15 PM, petey hodge said:

ODU fans that watched TH last night weren't surprised by his offensive spark and efficiency to move the chains... he's been doing that at Old Dominion for years.... 15,000 passing yards.

It's been my christmas wish to watch Taylor lead the Redskins to the playoffs.... and now he'll be given the chance.  Thanks Ron!

grant_g_taylor_cr_64011.jpg?w=694

4E33DA4B-A19B-4F09-88D9-18006BB90503.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

First we have to sign him.

I would think that he'd be grateful that we gave him an opportunity, and favor us in the FA market. But there's no guarantee.

I wouldn’t worry about that. If the Team wants it it’ll get done.

If he can put on some muscle to stay healthy then I think we have our guy.

I know there's some ODU guys on here but after the Carolina game, I dare say I've been the most consistently vocal supporter of this kid getting a shot. I just love this player. As Scot would say, he's a Football Player on our Football Team.

• Like 1

If Kyler Murray can play in this league than so can TH.  This was the best qb play we have had all season.  He may not have the strongest arm, but his pocket awareness makes up for it. Give me one good reason why we should dump TH to sign someone like Cam or Stafford? Fellows, we found our qb. This wasn't some bull **** game, this was primetime playoffs. 

• Like 7

There are smurfs in the NFL getting it done.  Not saying he's anywhere near the level of a Drew Brees or Russell Wilson... or even Baker Mayfield.  But he's serviceable.  He's smart, tough and can manage a game.  He's a shorter version of Alex Smith, basically.  Team can build around that and honestly... if a Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer can ride the coattails of a great defense to a Superbowl win then so can he.

I say... stick to what's working.  Keep building the trenches.  You can never invest too much in a good O-line or D-line.  We need better cornerbacks.  If a great QB prospect lands in our lap, sure take him.  But I'm comfortable running with Taylor Heinicke as far as he can take us.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, redskins4ever28 said:

I love the kid. But I don’t think he set the world on fire. I’ still wouldn’t pass on a Stafford or Watson given the chance. But this kid def deserves a shot 

Compared to what we've had all year, and with absolutely no running game and extremely limited receivers who were dropping balls left and right, he most certainly did set the world on fire.

Having said that I agree we need to keep it in perspective, it is only one game but tough decisions are coming because you're not really giving him a shot if you go after Watson or stafford. 

Gonna be a very interesting off season for sure

4 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

We need a good back up for him

tylor is just too small guy ses brittle

Don't forget about Kyle Allen. He quietly threw for over 3,300 yards in 13 games last year in Carolina. He also threw a bunch of INTs and fumbled a lot, but those did not appear to be issues this year anymore. This coming camp may be a battle between Heinicke and Allen. It may end up being Allen who wins.

• Like 1