Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

5 minutes ago, zskins said:

The D disappointed today. They should have helped TH win the game. They have held teams to 20 points or less but today they were not all there. Today was not the day to not show up fully.

They played a contender, an 11-5 team that was on a four-game winning streak and had a +137 point differential this year. There wasn't even a slim chance the WFT was holding the Bucs to 20 points or less. Heinicke did enough to win, but the WFT didn't have enough weapons around him--especially with McLaurin and Gibson being gimpy.

The Bucs' offense matches up well with the WFT--strong running game and quick strike passes negate the pass rush and expose the LBs and safeties.

Edited by profusion
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Huh, wonder where all those “but we gotta tank to get a qb” folks are now?

We're still here, happily reacting to new information. You act like we weren't 2-7 looking like we had no good options under center when most of us were on the Tank Train and all signs pointed to a top 5 draft position.

The team went 6-3 and we saw a guy come off the street playing like a top 10 QB in this league. No one saw that coming.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, profusion said:

They played a contender, an 11-5 team that was on a four-game winning streak and had a +137 point differential this year. There wasn't even a slim chance the WFT was holding the Bucs to 20 points or less. Heinicke did enough to win, but the WFT didn't have enough weapons around him--especially with McLaurin and Gibson being gimpy.

Even Brady has had some off playoff appearances where he got straight up outdueled for lack of weapons. In 2015 against Denver, it was blatantly obvious that the Patriots lacked talent on offense and that's with the GOAT under center. 

I'm utterly convinced that Taylor Heinecke has the talent and the brains to run this offense efficiently and at a very high level with quality players around him. There is no reason to break the bank on a QB when the receiver cabinet is almost entirely empty. 

• Like 4

Really proud of my team today. For the first time in a long while. A very long while.

Taylor was lights out today. Did he have a hot hand?  Can be perform like this consistently? Does he have the arm strength to throw a deep accurate ball?  Can't wait to find out next year.

• Like 1

Just now, Mpvanskins said:

I used to think that the lack of production had a lot to do with Scott Turner and the play calling. I now understand that could be false because  Heinicke went in there and crushed it.

Slight pushback...Turner’s playcalling was still very iffy.  Heinicke peeling off 20 yard scrambles made it look better than it was.

16 minutes ago, slinky said:

Imagine if we tanked trying to get the 9th or 10th pick in the draft to try and get a guy like Zack Wilson... we would have missed out on TH and this awesome playoff performance. Maybe Zack will be better than TH, maybe not. But is there a lot of difference between them? Both same exact weight... and Zack is just 2" taller. I'm so glad we won the division and got to witness something with potential to be great. 

Wilson might bot even fall to 9th

he could be a top 6 pick and th has shown more than Wilson

Til he plays in the nfl hes just a guy

12 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

We're still here, happily reacting to new information. You act like we weren't 2-7 looking like we had no good options under center when most of us were on the Tank Train and all signs pointed to a top 5 draft position.

The team went 6-3 and we saw a guy come off the street playing like a top 10 QB in this league. No one saw that coming.  

Meh, new information bah, just say no to silly tank talk.  Lol

but it’s all good tonight

On 12/28/2020 at 11:15 AM, petey hodge said:

ODU fans that watched TH last night weren't surprised by his offensive spark and efficiency to move the chains... he's been doing that at Old Dominion for years.... 15,000 passing yards.

It's been my christmas wish to watch Taylor lead the Redskins to the playoffs.... and now he'll be given the chance.  Thanks Ron!

grant_g_taylor_cr_64011.jpg?w=694

Anyone else think this picture looked familiar tonight?!?

LET'S GO MONARCHS!!!
And Aim High Heinicke!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stoshuaj said:

Meh, new information bah, just say no to silly tank talk.  Lol

but it’s all good tonight

Yup it's all good. But remember losing to the Giants last year got us Chase Young. You rather have Chase or Andrew Thomas? Let's not act like tanking is never the most preferable long-term outcome for a team. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isnt. It looked like this year it would be, but happily that turned out not to be the case. It's much more fun to root for Wins.

22 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

At the end of the day, this was a nice feel good story but we lost 3 more games than we lost and we still have a QB controversy. I wouldn’t  take the success of this season back but I’d be just as content picking 2 or 3.

27 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Even Brady has had some off playoff appearances where he got straight up outdueled for lack of weapons. In 2015 against Denver, it was blatantly obvious that the Patriots lacked talent on offense and that's with the GOAT under center. 

I'm utterly convinced that Taylor Heinecke has the talent and the brains to run this offense efficiently and at a very high level with quality players around him. There is no reason to break the bank on a QB when the receiver cabinet is almost entirely empty. 

While I don’t believe in spending a ton for a QB unless it’s someone like Watson or Rodgers, going into next season with the assumption that What we saw form Taylor was what we’ll always see is too risky. If he falters then we’re gonna lose another season of prime. Depending on Smith, the team is better off bringing in a vet on a one year deal and letting them duke it out. If that’s Cam then that’s Cam.

5 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Before we could even create a cult of Heinike thread a national overreaction happened. Ya'll are slackers. 

Mina Kimes already dubbed it the Heinecke Hive. So it is written, so it shall be. 

@LetThePointsSoarOfficial thread title change request to “The Heinecke Hive” please! Think of it as protecting history—IF he turns out to be the goods we’re gonna want his thread to include the early stuff here from his first snaps and then playoff game, rather than having a new thread. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's what I go back to: if Dwayne, or any first round pick, had played exactly like Heinicke tonight, the consensus would be to give him weapons and build around him. But because he's a 27 year old UDFA, the default is "he's not the guy but he could the backup".

Why? Why is it different just because of past pedigree? Judge these guys on where they are, not their past.

He played good enough to be given a chance as QB1 and built around. The only Q is the durability, which IDK what to make of.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

At the end of the day, this was a nice feel good story but we lost 3 more games than we lost and we still have a QB controversy. I wouldn’t  take the success of this season back but I’d be just as content picking 2 or 3.

I wouldn't. 

Look at the way McLaurin, Moses, Young, etc. are talking about this team. **** a top 3 pick. There is chemistry and tangible success on this team that will carry over into a second season under a new regime. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

While I don’t believe in spending a ton for a QB unless it’s someone like Watson or Rodgers, going into next season with the assumption that What we saw form Taylor was what we’ll always see is too risky. If he falters then we’re gonna lose another season of prime. Depending on Smith, the team is better off bringing in a vet on a one year deal and letting them duke it out. If that’s Cam then that’s Cam.

Personally, unless we spend big on qb (Stafford, Ryan, etc.), I’d rather a cheaper Allen to compete with Heinicke, assuming they’re both re-signed. I’d eye the draft, maybe moving up, maybe taking a qb a bit later, and see how things look after the season.  I hear you about wasting the ‘window’, but if we keep drafting well and don’t spend big on qb (or too big on other FAs), we should be able to extend that window.

Edited by skinny21