Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

18 minutes ago, TheItalianStallion said:

Don't forget about Kyle Allen. He quietly threw for over 3,300 yards in 13 games last year in Carolina. He also threw a bunch of INTs and fumbled a lot, but those did not appear to be issues this year anymore. This coming camp may be a battle between Heinicke and Allen. It may end up being Allen who wins.

Allen is a scrub also easily hurt.

Like TH more but would want a top tier back up like Fitzmagic

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think we saw so many positive things from him tonight, not only the fact that he can run this offense successfully, but the fact that he wants it. There are plenty of other NFL QBs who would have gotten that injury and would have been done for the day.  This guy wanted it that's why I made the Willis Reed comment in the game thread there was no doubt in my mind he was coming back.

• Like 1

Realistically, I have zero idea of what type of career he’s going to have.  It’s obviously possible, teams get more tape on him, and he’s limited and struggles.

But when Morgan refers to ‘it’, I think he’s talking about how dude has ice water in his veins.  I mean, it’s the playoffs against the greatest of all time, and he’s just ****ing the hammer and firing like he’s been around for years.  Sneaking out of trouble and scampering for scores.  At minimum, he belongs as a backup for that alone.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

HineyHiney balled out.  But it’s not sustainable.

Kid gets nicked in literally every start.

He can play in this league tho.  He’s Case Keenum +++.  He’s gonna win some games for somebody if he sticks around.

He got hurt on that awesome TD run when he dove towards the pylon.  That's a run that a guy who is fighting for his NFL life would make, not a guy who has already proven he can play in this league.  How many established starting NFL QBs would have made that move?   if he does win the starting job and has a little security, he will probably be a little more conservative on his scrambles. Hopefully that will limit his fragility.  

• Like 1

You absolutely, 100%, want this guy on your team.

This is the most impressed ive ever been by a QB who I had never heard of.  I cant count the number of plays he made in that game that just made my jaw drop.  It doesnt matter if hes good or durable enough to be your long term starter, hes earned a spot, and what better backup can you possibly think of than a guy who can come in off the street and in 3 weeks match with Tom Brady?  Thats the unattainable backup QB dream.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, D’Pablo said:

6’1” is plenty big to play QB in this league in this era. Given how much we protect QBs these days, Heinicke will be fine. In fact, better than fine. Dude is our future.

I'm more than open to having our very own Kurt Warner/Tony Romo UDFA story. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

In terms of contract vs. performance, who do we have thats even close to a better option for next season?

Not saying hand him the job, but our Qb room is nowhere near solid enough that we can afford to let this guy go at this point.  Keep him until someone proves they deserve it more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I’m sold on Heinicke. With any unproven guy you need a camp battle. Allen and Heinicke is a great start. We could bring in some extra comp...

But it’s Heinicke’s job to lose.

Gotta keep searching for that rookie stud obviously, but yeah, Heinicke’s job to lose is right.

Man, that athleticism is pretty outstanding.  The td run and the one up the middle where he just squeaked by 2 or 3 guys.... awesome stuff.  And the ball placement - while I get he knows the offense a bit, with little to no chemistry he was on point.  I feel like we could have protected him a bit better (not to mention the lack of a ground game).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

He got hurt on that awesome TD run when he dove towards the pylon.  That's a run that a guy who is fighting for his NFL life would make, not a guy who has already proven he can play in this league.  How many established starting NFL QBs would have made that move?   if he does win the starting job and has a little security, he will probably be a little more conservative on his scrambles. Hopefully that will limit his fragility.  

If you’re serious about winning games with Taylor, you have to keep him clean by running the ball with purpose.

He’s got the reads and he can make most of the throws.  What we heard about his mental game was true...and now proven.

If you give him 25 carries for 120 and another 40/50 on screens/flares with this defense, you’re a 10-6 team all day long.

Gotta keep him clean.

• Like 4

I think Heinicke has shown enough that you bring him back and don't spend big on another QB, either thru trading away assets for a Stafford or moving up in the draft or in cap space for a guy like Matt Ryan.

Let Taylor have a chance to show he's durable enough to handle it. Because he's shown his ability on the field, and he's earned the respect of his teammates.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Side note - if you'd have told me ahead of time that TH would be getting this much post game love, I thought we would have at least won the game.  Sucks that he delivers that type of performance and everything else around him doesn't get us the win.  

The D disappointed today. They should have helped TH win the game. They have held teams to 20 points or less but today they were not all there. Today was not the day to not show up fully.

• Like 1

Imagine if we tanked trying to get the 9th or 10th pick in the draft to try and get a guy like Zack Wilson... we would have missed out on TH and this awesome playoff performance. Maybe Zack will be better than TH, maybe not. But is there a lot of difference between them? Both same exact weight... and Zack is just 2" taller. I'm so glad we won the division and got to witness something with potential to be great. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

The D disappointed today. They should have helped TH win the game. They have held teams to 20 points or less but today they were not all there. Today was not the day to not show up fully.

They went up against a GOAT playing with loaded weapons and clicking on a- cylinders.  Tampa were the better team.  They need an upgrade on LB and FS.  It is what it is.

• Like 2