Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

4 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

I wonder if we’d be seeing Montez instead if Denver’s QB situation weeks ago didn’t prompt us to sign Heinie.

Meh.  Montez is our Ben Dinucci... until proven otherwise. 

11 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I hear ya. And I totally understand and agree.

Unfortunately, the "HR's of the world" still are critical of the move. But...doesn't matter what they think anyway. Time to move on.

Yup, you fire someone on a bunch of "grey area" issues... you'll probably get dragged into court.  Keep it about the performance!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

Yup, you fire someone on a bunch of "grey area" issues... you'll probably get dragged into court.  Keep it about the performance!

I don't want to drag this on, any more than necessary. But I just want to ask this, and it's for future reference, so it's still relevant here ;

Whether it's in football or in the corporate world, we often hear that you can fire or cut someone for any reason. Sounds like you could fire someone simply for not liking the tie they wear, practically. So, when and at what point, does this fire/cut for any reason right, overlap into a "grey area that can be taken to court"

Obviously I know that proven discrimination is the exception. But that doesn't sound like it applies here, since it's not really a "grey area" IMO, if it's proven.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I don't want to drag this on, any more than necessary. But I just want to ask this, and it's for future reference, so it's still relevant here ;

Whether it's in football or in the corporate world, we often hear that you can fire or cut someone for any reason. Sounds like you could fire someone simply for not liking the tie they wear, practically. So, when and at what point, does this fire/cut for any reason right, overlap into a "grey area that can be taken to court"

Obviously I know that proven discrimination is the exception. But that doesn't sound like it applies here, since it's not really a "grey area" IMO, if it's proven.

Really entirely on the terminated employee's desire and ability to argue discrimination, rightly or wrongly, and bring that to court. At which point it may be more convenient to just settle out of court than have things drag on. While it's legally possible to fire someone for any reason outside of discrimination against a protected class, in reality as an employer you want to keep things as objectively performance-related as possible such that you're airtight and there's no room to bring a case.

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

A lot depends on the employment contract and then there's state law, and with 50 states + D.C., you can have a lot of different rules.  That "can be fired for any reason" is really kind of anachronistic these days.  OTOH, take everything I said here with a grain of dirt.  (I'm a real property lawyer, not an employment lawyer, in a town that gets earthquakes, including the 3.6 I felt this morning.  Not much to write about, but when you've been in a couple of substantial quakes, the moment you realize that's not you having too much to drink last night, your mind -- very quickly -- wonders whether you're on the back half of a small quake or is it going to get bigger?)

Kind of like Heinicke - is he just a minor rumble at 0-dark-30 or should I hang on for the SB riiiiiiiiiiide...?

• Like 1

Kudos to the WFT staff for having the vision to sign Heinicke in the first place. How great would it be if that move wins us the division? I like what Zac Pascal, Colts WR, had to say about him having played with him at ODU. Heinicke plays with confidence and swagger....put him in.

5 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Wait a minute. Are people actually comparing Taylor to Russell Wilson?

This fanbase sometimes...

I mean, the poster’s not wrong... although saying he’s a poor man’s Russell Wilson is like me saying I’m a poor man’s Bill Gates (we’re both married white guys). :)

• Haha 2

On 12/28/2020 at 12:53 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

Heinicke trots out to take the field.

Chase Young runs up to him and offers encouraging words.

Heinicke replies "I got you, bro. This is what I do".

Chase Young : "Ooh, this boy got some swag."

Kid's a practical math genius. This is gonna be good practical application for the NFL QB position.

He got A's and B's in all these Finals he just took.

Number Theory

Applied Numerical Methods

Partial Differential Equations

Math and Nature

All of that said & Rivera still started that ****tard Haskins vs Carolina.  question mark what GIF

Here's the thing about the skeptics. I get that it was only one quarter of football - small sample size. I get that historically he's had injury issues, and turnover issues. I grant all of that.

My question is: of the football he played against Carolina, did he show you anything that signaled pessimism? AKA, did you see any red flags on tape? Whether in his mechanics, or arm strength, or decision-making. Because tbh, I didn't. Now that does not mean they won't show up in a bigger sample size, that he won't revert towards his historical mean, that defenses won't figure him out, that he wont' get injured again, that he won't get fooled by DB's jumping routes and picking him off, etc. etc.

I'm just saying with what he displayed last Sunday, I really can't find any red flags but I can point to a lot of good things that signal potential. The extrapolating is just hopes and prayers, of course. But why else be a fan? :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Here's the thing about the skeptics. I get that it was only one quarter of football - small sample size. I get that historically he's had injury issues, and turnover issues. I grant all of that.

My question is: of the football he played against Carolina, did he show you anything that signaled pessimism? AKA, did you see any red flags on tape? Whether in his mechanics, or arm strength, or decision-making. Because tbh, I didn't. Now that does not mean they won't show up in a bigger sample size, that he won't revert towards his historical mean, that defenses won't figure him out, that he wont' get injured again, that he won't get fooled by DB's jumping routes and picking him off, etc. etc.

I'm just saying with what he displayed last Sunday, I really can't find any red flags but I can point to a lot of good things that signal potential. The extrapolating is just hopes and prayers, of course. But why else be a fan? :)

Agree 100%. He is here now, and he looked really good.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Exactly, why can't we just enjoy the fact that he looked good in the small sample we got, and it gives us a certain degree of hope ?

It's not like anyone is sayin that he's the next GOAT...at least not until he beats the GOAT, when Tampa visits Washington in the Wild Card Round. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

Dropped pick?!?!? Maybe it was just me?

11 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Dropped pick?!?!? Maybe it was just me?

Yes he threw 2 balls that could have been picked off. Not great, but also he came in down 20-6 w/ 10 minutes left in the 4th. So he had to take chances and one of those almost picks was in the end zone. I would say something that bears watching but just 2 bad balls in the context of the game situation would not rise to "red flag" territory for me. 

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Yes he threw 2 balls that could have been picked off. Not great, but also he came in down 20-6 w/ 10 minutes left in the 4th. So he had to take chances and one of those almost picks was in the end zone. I would say something that bears watching but just 2 bad balls in the context of the game situation would not rise to "red flag" territory for me. 

I wasn't nitpicking, but you asked an open ended question.  And I'm a Monarch too in case you're wondering where my loyalty is.

9 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

I wasn't nitpicking, but you asked an open ended question.  And I'm a Monarch too in case you're wondering where my loyalty is.

No I appreciated the response & did not read into it. :) 

To me he made 3-4 mistakes all game. 2-3 bad balls, and slipping on 2nd down. But even on positive downs, I wasn't seeing red flags like bad decisions that happened to work out or sloppy mechanics that he got away with. That was more my point.

Now, one thing that I have no clue on is his ability to make pre-snap adjustments the way guys like Alex can. BUT, he seems like a smart dude so I'd give him benefit of doubt there.

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I want nothing more than for this kid to be awesome and have a fairy tale story on our hands.

But my gut says he turns it over and we wheel Alex out to try and save the day.

My fear is the opposite is true if Alex starts. If Alex starts, we'll be down 13-3 before we know it and praying for a comeback. 

Yeah he was amazing for ODU and Wilder loved him.  He showed moxy and awareness Sunday e.g. pumpfaking while scrambling (I've always liked that) but he feels like a trap waiting to happen when a coach preps for his tendencies.  His arm looks below average but it may be enough for a win Sunday. I'm for draft position so I'm happy regardless.  Cheers and Happy New Year!

5 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

The dude showed Moxie and a firm grip on the offense. Hoping he shoots his shot accurately come Sunday if we need him to.

I want to go to the playoffs, but honestly i am more interested in TH and the potential competition between him and Allen for next year. If he can come in and play well, it's a good sign for him and the offense. 

Especially with us likely missing out on the top 4 QBs in the draft. I'm not saying that either is the franchise guy but if they can be better versions of Colt McCoy to Jay then it's a good sign for our team. One side note is that we know Allen is injury prone and TH has size problems that could cause concerns, but i like what we have at the position.