Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

23 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Cracks me up watching dweebs fight for forum cred over players they liked or didn’t like and how they fared.  

And not just in a poking fun way either, but dudes are really serious.  Like they should be employed by the team.  🤣  Don’t quit your day jobs.

It's rampant on here lately, and it wasn't always like that.  "I was the first on this board to like this player".  "I praised him before anyone on here.".  And on and on.  Nobody cares!  

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But when that dude continually says I loved Haskins its so beyond ridiculous if you know my posting history on the subject, which I know you do, that's a tough for me not to respond.

Not only do I remember your posting history and talking to you personally on the subject, I also vividly remember SoCal just being outright overly obnoxious with his disdain for Haskins that it was nauseating to me.  Just on and on and on and half the time it had nothing to do with his play on the field.  I never dug Haskins.  Of course I was hopeful, but nothing he did on the field or off it ever made me buy into him.  I still found the relentless and endless posts about how he was a bust to be on par with how a 12 year old terd would post.

1 minute ago, KillBill26 said:

It's rampant on here lately, and it wasn't always like that.  "I was the first on this board to like this player".  "I praised him before anyone on here.".  And on and on.  Nobody cares!  

Oh, you don’t have your own set of ES poster power rankings based on who knows the most?  I guess it’s just me.😆

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

50 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

BS.   You think everyone loves Haskins because they weren't as wild and mean spirited as your posts were.  I ripped Haskins way before you did before we even took him.   So if we are doing the immature school yard rants that you seem to enjoy -- I can argue you copied me and others who questioned Haskins way before you did.  You are a Johnny Come Lately on the subject. 

But yeah if the idea is to do a mean spirited over the top rant about Haskins, you were the king of that and everyone by comparison I gather is pro Haskins in that context. 

Dude go back to the thread. I destroyed your position. You are lucky it’s locked now so your shame can’t be revisited. Complete fail. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb down 1

31 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Oh, you don’t have your own set of ES poster power rankings based on who knows the most?  I guess it’s just me.😆

We need to see these rankings brah 

🧐

9 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Dude go back to the thread. I destroyed your position. You are lucky it’s locked now so your shame can’t be revisited. Complete fail. 

He’s a Lawyer so you know it’s true 

😏

56 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not only do I remember your posting history and talking to you personally on the subject, I also vividly remember SoCal just being outright overly obnoxious with his disdain for Haskins that it was nauseating to me.  Just on and on and on and half the time it had nothing to do with his play on the field.  I never dug Haskins.  Of course I was hopeful, but nothing he did on the field or off it ever made me buy into him.  I still found the relentless and endless posts about how he was a bust to be on par with how a 12 year old terd would post.

Yep.  I did PM you on Haskins multiple times.   I give credit to volsmet on it.  He told me don't buy the hype on Haskins, watch him closely and he cued me as for what to look for before the draft  I did.  I posted a long post on the draft thread after that explaining why Haskins isn't the right guy and did it in detail.  Then on draft day on the draft thread, there were two dudes (me and volsmet) who obnoxiously rooted for Haskins to be taken before our pick so we didn't take him. :ols:

But yeah I don't like to hate on a player in Socal's style if they are on this team.  I don't think most here do that.  We are WFT fans first and foremost, not fans of our own predictions.  I may agree or disagree with a pick but I'll give all our guys some rope once they are here.   So my posts tend to have an obvious leaning on a player but I'll rarely go all in or all out on any player when they are playing here especially on a short sample size, they deserve some rope. 

And if I have a sliver of hope or get a good game out of a player I have doubts about, I'll typically give them props.  I ripped for example Gandy-Golden some on a thread, made my position clear but when he had a good preseason game I gave him props and said hey maybe he will turn the corner.  But my overall view on Gandy-Golden is pretty clear.   Heck some see me as rabidly pro Kirk.  But if you take some of the posts I made, I could look like the biggest hater.  It's all about context, nuance.  Things are rarely a straight line for most of us.  My overall take on Haskins was clear as a bell and notoriously so for some. 

But I'll give it to Socal, he's all or nothing, love-hate guy.  You got me what the point of his posts are, he knows football better?  If anyone gets anything wrong they should be ashamed and never share their take again?  :ols:   Heck I can think of two posters who were truly pro Haskins, two dudes I debated plenty, but I have a lot more respect for their takes than I do with Socal (even though I agree with him on Haskins even though he thinks I didn't).  These guys can debate football with some decorum and make their points without dissing the other point of view.   And if they got Haskins wrong, so be it, who cares, they got plenty of other things right. 

We all get some right and wrong.  I was right about Haskins, wrong about other stuff.  It evens out.  But even if I were wrong about Haskins to play devils advocate, who gives a rats behind?  That fact that Socal cares so much shows some odd insecurity because otherwise why bother with that nonsense just to prop your point.  If you feel that confident in a point just say it.  If you think you got to knock the other guy's credibility down while making a point, it doesn't take a psych degree to know that you aren't that confident in what you are saying.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, zskins said:

I am listening to The Sport Junkies from Friday morning show and they keep on talking about the Heinickie hive. Did someone from this board go on to the show and tell them about this thread...lol

The thread title was suggested by me way back after Mina Kimes started tweeting about the phrase “Heinicke Hive” lol so it can be attributed to her, and she’s got a lot of followers on Twitter 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep.  I did PM you on Haskins multiple times.   I give credit to volsmet on it.  He told me don't buy the hype on Haskins, watch him closely and he cued me as for what to look for before the draft  I did.  I posted a long post on the draft thread after that explaining why Haskins isn't the right guy and did it in detail.  Then on draft day on the draft thread, there were two dudes (me and volsmet) who obnoxiously rooted for Haskins to be taken before our pick so we didn't take him. :ols:

But yeah I don't like to hate on a player in Socal's style if they are on this team.  I don't think most here do that.  We are WFT fans first and foremost, not fans of our own predictions.  I may agree or disagree with a pick but I'll give all our guys some rope once they are here.   So my posts tend to have an obvious leaning on a player but I'll rarely go all in or all out on any player when they are playing here especially on a short sample size, they deserve some rope. 

And if I have a sliver of hope or get a good game out of a player I have doubts about, I'll typically give them props.  I ripped for example Gandy-Golden some on a thread, made my position clear but when he had a good preseason game I gave him props and said hey maybe he will turn the corner.  But my overall view on Gandy-Golden is pretty clear.   Heck some see me as rabidly pro Kirk.  But if you take some of the posts I made, I could look like the biggest hater.  It's all about context, nuance.  Things are rarely a straight line for most of us.

I don't think I am unique on that.  But I'll give it to Socal, he's all or nothing, love-hate guy.  You got me what the point of his posts are, he knows football better?  If anyone gets anything wrong they should be ashamed and never share their take again?  :ols:   Heck I can think of two posters who were truly pro Haskins, two dudes I debated plenty, but I have a lot more respect for their takes than I do with Socal (even though I agree with him on Haskins even though he thinks I didn't).  These guys can debate football with some decorum and make their points without dissing the other point of view.   And if they got Haskins wrong, so be it, who cares, they got plenty of other things right. 

We all get some right and wrong.  I was right about Haskins, wrong about other stuff.  It evens out.  But even if I were wrong about Haskins to play devils advocate, who gives a rats behind?  That fact that Socal cares so much shows some odd insecurity because otherwise why bother with that nonsense just to prop your point.  If you feel that confident in a point just say it.  If you think you got to knock the other guy's credibility down while making a point, it doesn't take a psych degree to know that you aren't that confident in what you are saying.   

We also had extensive conversations on the ES Mock draft about Haskins. None of us wanted him but once on the team, you have to give him a chance. Also, at the end of year 1, he had shown some flashes that warranted another shot. That's all anyone said, including you. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

We also had extensive conversations on the ES Mock draft about Haskins. None of us wanted him but once on the team, you have to give him a chance. Also, at the end of year 1, he had shown some flashes that warranted another shot. That's all anyone said, including you. 

Yeah I don't think anyone of us, unless I am forgetting someone ever just craps on a player non-stop without showing some occasional props when deserved.  I recall you among others didn't want Haskins along with me.  But still Haskins didn't IMO deserve to be attacked non-stop.  He played well against the Giants and Eagles that game so if Rivera wanted to take a further look for that reason, cool with me and I trusted and still do Rivera.   

I hit Haskins hard on the work ethic stuff his first year as those stories surfaced but when Rivera said Haskins is a whole new person now on that front and he turned the corner, I laid off because again I trusted Rivera.  But when the stories resurfaced again on work ethic, I hit him as a hard as anyone -- that was the kicker for me.   And when some on that thread and certain some in the media trashed Rivera for benching Haskins according to them prematurely and unfairly -- I had Rivera's back 100%.  I supported the benching and was cool with releasing him, too. 

If I had to recall a major defense I had for Haskins is about what kind of dude he was.  As a person, I had no hate of Haskins.  I saw how he acted with fans including my kids, he came off as a really nice guy.  As a player and professional, he was immature but that's a totally different kind of conversaion.   But as a person, I had no issue with Haskins aside from the COVID stuff which I blasted him for, too.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Apparently I was the only MFer excited about Haskins lmao. I remember y’all not wanting him. I just don’t remember being on this island hahaha

For the record I was excited about Cousins, Griffin, Candel too. Hell, when shanny put his name on the line for Beck I just knew he was the second coming. 

Im trying to do better but this is kind of my point. I personally need time before I can get on the train for Hein even though I like him more than all those guy (save Griffin, I just knew he would change the game). That doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy your excitement!

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Morneblade said:

No one is denying that. In fact, almost everyone thinks he has been aces.

But here is the thing.

Literally ANY QB that is on a team, or practice squad in the NFL could have a couple games in which they look real good. Steven Montez could put 2 games together than look like the 2nd coming of Tom Brady. But he will never be able to carry that kind of production over a significant period of time. That is, quite literally what separates the bad, from the good, from the great in the NFL. Tom Brady plays lights out almost all the time, but he'll have a off day here and there. Tyrod Taylor can have average days, some bad days, and a couple of great days. Kinda of a mixed bag, but usually nothing special. Dwayne Haskins can have a great day, and a bunch of really bad ones. Consistency of high level play separates the great from the good. If TH can even be just a "good" QB, and keep the bad days to a minimum, that would be great. But the only way to really see this, is to have a sample size that is more than a couple games.

The problem with that is heinicke is the only quarterback on this team that is having good games.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Which was proven wrong. He was warranted nothing. He was owed nothing. He was complete entitled and worthless. He chose to be at the Bahamas when Ron Rivera was introduced as head coach. It played out exactly as expected. When you see the oncoming train you can get out of the way. You don’t need to wait for the wreck to move on. 

That’s exact opposite with Heinicke. No coddling underdog baller. We will see how it plays out but he’s on a path to a Stan Humphries, Mark Rypien or Brad Johnson level player in my opinion. 

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Apparently I was the only MFer excited about Haskins lmao. I remember y’all not wanting him. I just don’t remember being on this island hahaha

I gave some serious consideration to Haskins after his college year based on his stats. But once everybody on here broke down his game…. I was opposed. 

When the team drafted him… I had hoped that the pundits on here were wrong. Unfortunately, they were right. And now I know better than to project in college football stats. Gotta look at the tape. I just didn’t think a player could put up such good stats and be such a terrible pro.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Nobody cares if you are on the bandwagon or not. You can join the Church of Heinicke later, it is okay to be a non believer. I believe you responded to me originally so clearly you have some sort of an issue with my optimism. 

Actually I was responding to someone else, I believe. If not, I have no issues with your optimism. Have at it. 😀

Its simple:

Haskins - You saw him play, something didn’t sit right with you. He didn’t pass the eye test. He just sucked and you knew it. You tried to convince yourself that maybe he just needed time but inside your gut you just knew it was false hope. 

Heinicke - Watching him play, you know he is good. He isn’t elite but there is something there that lets you know this guy at least understands the position and the situation of the game. You feel better about our chances when he plays, but deep down you know we still need a young QB to groom.

Believe your eyes a little more and stop selling yourself lies.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Stefanskins said:

Yes, but d coordinators have 20 years of tape on Brady…12 years on Rodgers…8 years on Russel…17 on Big Ben…3 or 4 on mahomes…had plenty of years on brees..he’ll 10 plus on Alex smith and he still won…I know what you are saying but sometimes all the film in the world won’t help…let’s hope he’s like that..he’s definitely smart/savvy enough to keep them guessing…and he actually pump fakes…which I believe is a lost art…hell he’s pretty good at play action too…HTTR!!!!

Exactly, the kid is playing good football.  That is very hard to game plan against

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Peregrine said:

You said "literally ANY QB" in the NFL or on a practice squad.  Thats not something anyone who has ever watched the NFL would be wise to say.

I'll explain it to you, since you're having issues.

First, anyone that is on a NFL rosters, has skills. Those skills are better than almost anyone else in the world, at that position.

Second, you get the right set of circumstances, coaching, matchup, ect. literally anything can happen. Brock Erswhiler can look like he's a All Pro, long enough to secure a huge contract. And then look like trash for the rest of his short career.

Is it likely that Steven Montez would look like the Tom Brady? No. Is it possible, for a very short time, over a crazy set of circumstances? Yeah. Remote change is still a chance.

9 minutes ago, dyst said:

Its simple:

Haskins - You saw him play, something didn’t sit right with you. He didn’t pass the eye test. He just sucked and you knew it. You tried to convince yourself that maybe he just needed time but inside your gut you just knew it was false hope. 

Heinicke - Watching him play, you know he is good. He isn’t elite but there is something there that lets you know this guy at least understands the position and the situation of the game. You feel better about our chances when he plays, but deep down you know we still need a young QB to groom.

This is pretty much 100% spot on.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dyst said:

Its simple:

I agree with 90% but I don’t think we need to bring in a young qb to groom. If we can extend Heinicke again on a reasonable 10 mil a year deal. He’s more than fine to keep the D together. Obviously the D has to play like they are supposed to. I have no interest in a young QB to bring in whose bust rate will be above 95% with this franchise. 

I would offer Heinicke the starting job rest of the year if he signed a 3 year extension for 30 million. That’s the offer they should put on the table now. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I agree with 90% but I don’t think we need to bring in a young qb to groom. If we can extend Heinicke again on a reasonable 10 mil a year deal. He’s more than fine to keep the D together. Obviously the D has to play like they are supposed to. I have no interest in a young QB to bring in whose bust rate will be above 95% with this franchise. 

I would offer Heinicke the starting job rest of the year if he signed a 3 year extension for 30 million. That’s the offer they should put on the table now. 

No FO is going to give a guy a $30 million contract based on 2 starts. They already have him signed through 2022 so they can take this season to fully evaluate his play over time and then decide what they want to do.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mistertim said:

No FO is going to give a guy a $30 million contract based on 2 starts. They already have him signed through 2022 so they can take this season to fully evaluate his play over time and then decide what they want to do.

Thats how you end up in a Kirk Cousins situation.  The team has all the leverage now. Worst case he’s a 10 mil a year backup with an escalating salary cap. Risk for return on investment in terms of what that position commands is completely worth it. 

12 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Thats how you end up in a Kirk Cousins situation.  The team has all the leverage now. Worst case he’s a 10 mil a year backup with an escalating salary cap. Risk for return on investment in terms of what that position commands is completely worth it. 

Good teams don't carry $10M/year backups. It would be foolish to have extension conversations before seeing him play for a full season. Let's see if he can get through it healthy in the first place

• Like 4