Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 13: Team @ Steelers Predicton Thread- Upset Win or Crushing Loss?

88Comrade2000

13 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So when Alex Highsmith tries to sack Alex Smith, Smith will be like "You aint so bad. You don't look so tough to me. You aint nuthin !"

Washington should post pics of that infant on their bulletin board of him, and say, "You think Alex Highsmith is tough. Look again. You can take him !"

Exactly.

Something  like this,

Pittsburgh's Starting Outside Linebacker

Solid sound football is all I'm looking for. None of that sloppy flat ****. I can live with a loss where the two teams are fighting it out and one team just runs out of time. I can accept that we're young and still learning. But I also think we've got some dogs in the making. We'll see👍🏽

I have an odd feeling that we'll win this one...  what does a 11-0 team (with the division pretty much sown up) have to play for?

Last time i felt this confident in beating a team with nothing to play for??  in that game where Curt Kousins threw that pick to the hapless Giants at the end to kill our playoff hopes.

Steelers fans believe their team under Tomlin has had a penchant for playing down to their competition, and they aren’t guaranteed to play mistake-free, disciplined football.

But for me, I don’t see how we avoid being eaten alive by their WR trio of Diontae Johnson, Claypool, and Juju as long as Big Ben is healthy. Hell even James Washington. They can expose the middle of this defense...and the rest of it too. 

WFT- 20

Steelers- 17

Ugly game. We’ll get behind by 10 points and claw our way back. A 4th quarter turnover by Pittsburgh sets up the game tying touchdown and we kick a FG late to win it.

My main rationale here is that Pittsburgh is grossly overdue for a loss, so why not Washington? 

I think that the final score will be close, but it won't be a true reflection of the game.

The Steelers' quick passing game is the nemesis of our pass-rush. No pressure = no win.

Their defense can disrupt our check-down passing game. No check-downs = no win.

We may have some good success rushing, but not enough to constantly sustain drives. No sustained drives = no win.

WF Team 20

P Steelers 24

Them 30

Us 13

The blueprint is there to beat our defense and like London Kev above I think Pittsburgh have the tools to do it. On the offense side I can't see us sustaining drives under the pressure they'll bring.

That said, Pittsburgh look the most beatable 11-0 team I've seen in a while, I just can't see us being the ones to do it.

The Steelers don't look like an 11-0 caliber team, even when healthy.  They have been consistently good this year, but great? Eh....with that said, I don't think it is a 4-7 team that gives them their wake up call. I wish it was so, but I can't bring myself to believe it only to be smacked into reality so harshly tomorrow afternoon.

Heart:  WFT 24 PITT 23

Head: PITT 28 WFT 17

Gonna get rolled...Steelers have struggled a bit but this team is always peoples get back game and has been for a decade plus. 

Steelers looking at this game like yep 11-0 as Clubber Lang said in Rocky 3 “Prediction....PAIN” 

Steelers: 40

WTF: 12 

I don't know man, people are so optimistic here but I am a bit wary. On paper it looks like we destroyed a horrible Cowboys team but the game was a 4-point game before they decided to go for the fake punt in the 4th quarter. Before that we beat the Bengals in a close game but those are two of the worst 4 teams in the league. The week before that we lost to the Lions who in the meantime fired their head coach because they got destroyed but two horrible teams after the win against us.

I absolutely see us trending up but we haven't played a team as good as the Steelers the whole year. Maybe the Rams are on par with them and they absolutely destroyed us. I get that the Steelers don't look that impressive for a 11-0 team but they still won every game. And I wouldn't put too much into the game against the Ravens. Those two teams always play each other hard. Remember when we beat the 6-1 Cowboys on the road on MNF with Colt McCoy at QB (Cowboys finished alonside the Seahawks with an NFC best 12-4 record that year)? That game feels a bit similar to that Steelers - Ravens game only that the Steelers still won.

Our defense surely can give the Steelers offense (which is not super impressive) some troubles but I just don't see our offense challenging that impressive Steelers D enough for our D to keep us in the game long enough.

I hope you guys are right and I am wrong but I just don't see us winning tonight.

Archived