Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 13: Team @ Steelers Predicton Thread- Upset Win or Crushing Loss?

88Comrade2000

Well, we play at Pittsburg on Monday. Well, I assume that game won't be moved again.

I think we will hang with them for a half but Pittsburgh will pull away in the second half. If Smith gets beat up a lot, I could see Haskins coming in sometime in the 4th. Especially, if the game is out of reach then. 

Steelers 31

Team 20

• 88Comrade2000 changed the title to Week 13: Team @ Steelers Predicton Thread- Upset Win or Crushing Loss?
3 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I could see Haskins coming in sometime in the 4th. Especially, if the game is out of reach then. 

I prefer losing than seeing him play again.

That Pitt defense would absolutely destroy him both mentally and physically.

Rust Men: 30

The Team that Kinda Maybe Does Not Suck: 20

I'd like to say this is the game we shock the world, win the division, make a magical run thru the playoffs only to fall just short in the Super Bowl...

but it's more likely:

Steelers:31

Teamsters:10

And...2/3 of the other mopes in the East find ways to pull off unlikely wins and pass us

This should be a very low-scoring game. These are the #1 and #2 defenses in YPG. 

That being said, we have played a lot of garbage QBs and I think Roethlisberger and co. will do enough to win. If we can keep the game as low-scoring as it ought to be, it should at least be close.

23-17 Steelers

10 minutes ago, hawgboy said:

I'd like to say this is the game we shock the world, win the division, make a magical run thru the playoffs only to fall just short in the Super Bowl...

but it's more likely:

Steelers:31

Teamsters:10

And...2/3 of the other mopes in the East find ways to pull off unlikely wins and pass us

It's funny to me that we've fallen so far in 3 decades that even the "I'd like to say..." scenarios don't even include a title. 

This team has developed the recipe to win games.  Use Gibson and McKissic in the short passing game and then go deep to McLaurin when possible.  Turner needs to go to his bag of tricks as well.  The key on D is the LBs.  If they get lost in space, Steelers will have an easy night.  If the WFT sticks to the formula, they pull off the upset 21-17.  If things get away, 31-14 Steelers.  

I don't see a win, but I don't see a crushing defeat either. I mean even if we are wiped out I wouldn't be crushed. We are a bad team learning how not to be a bad team. They are an undefeated veteran team who looked pretty sloppy against the Ravens.

Steelers 43

WFT 17

I think the Steelers offense is designed exactly the wrong way for our defense. Tons of quick passes to negate the pass rush mixed with huge play bombs that we are bad at defending. I think we are going to struggle big time. I don't think Dallas was a mirage, but I do think it was deceiving.

Edit: And no, I wouldn't consider that a crushing loss. Not this year.

39 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Interesting, the name of the guy taking over for Bud Dupree in Pittsburgh :

Alex HighSmith

Yeah well, here's  Alex Highsmith making an appearance on  Dawsons Creek

He doesn't look so tough to me.

No, seriously.

That's  Alex Highsmith.

11 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Yeah well, here's  Alex Highsmith

He doesn't look so tough to me.

So when Alex Highsmith tries to sack Alex Smith, Smith will be like "You aint so bad. You don't look so tough to me. You aint nuthin !"

Washington should post pics of that infant on their bulletin board of him, and say, "You think Alex Highsmith is tough. Look again. You can take him !"

Archived