Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 13: Team @ Steelers Predicton Thread- Upset Win or Crushing Loss?

88Comrade2000

My main concern is I have not bought into our offense having enough options to score points against the better defenses in the league.  Gibson & McLaurin are proven, but what happens if the Steelers are successful in limiting them, who on this offense is there to step up and really take over?  

Dunno...just feels like Cam and Logan are ready to step up if the Steelers focus down Gibson and McClaurin.  Also think our D wants to put out the case that they are better than the Steelers.  Probly just the koolaid, but feeling hopefull:

WFT - 17

Steelers - 10

Now, my prediction was wrong, but I did say we were the best second half team in the NFL. I was just off in my prediction that we are the worst first half team in the NFL. 

Most complete game in all three phases through four quarters we played all year! Woo!

On 12/5/2020 at 7:40 AM, skinsfan_1215 said:

WFT- 20

Steelers- 17

Ugly game. We’ll get behind by 10 points and claw our way back. A 4th quarter turnover by Pittsburgh sets up the game tying touchdown and we kick a FG late to win it.

My main rationale here is that Pittsburgh is grossly overdue for a loss, so why not Washington? 

Pretty close. 

On 12/4/2020 at 10:41 PM, petey hodge said:

I have an odd feeling that we'll win this one...  what does a 11-0 team (with the division pretty much sown up) have to play for?

Last time i felt this confident in beating a team with nothing to play for??  in that game where Curt Kousins threw that pick to the hapless Giants at the end to kill our playoff hopes.

Played with house money today... even being down 14-3.. I felt relaxed that things would go in our favor today.  Not the normal stress of playing the Giants and lessor opponents.  wow, what a feeling!  We needed a win to keep pace with the Giants upsetting the Seahawks.  It's time to believe folks!

1 minute ago, petey hodge said:

Played with house money today... even being down 14-3.. I felt relaxed that things would go in our favor today.  Not the normal stress of playing the Giants and lessor opponents.  wow, what a feeling!  We needed a win to keep pace with the Giants upsetting the Seahawks.  It's time to believe folks!

All year, Washington has spotted its opponents 17 in the first half. Eleven? That's nothing.

22 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Whoa, you didn't really post this 3 hours ago, did you ?

I thought I won, with my prediction.

Posted 2 minutes before kickoff... Tell me I won something more than 3 notifications.   I knew Pitt was a fraud no run game and that our D was solid, and that the under was coming in with 2 solid Ds.

8 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Tell me I won something more than 3 notifications.

How about 4 notifications ? Now that I liked this recent post.

Come on, ES. Let's all chip in together to do SOMETHING for the guy !

He freakin nailed the score for both teams, right on the digits !

12 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Posted 2 minutes before kickoff...

Oh wait, nevermind. Sorry, the deadline is 1 minute before the kickoff.

Pretty good try, though !

I have to admit I was playing beat the clock and hoping my prediction would beat the kickoff.  I shortened the team names to speed things up. Sorry folks parks closed.  Do I win anything? RG3 Away? Blockbuster lifetime membership? Wally World Season pass for 1?

Thankful for the notifications because I forgot I nailed the score.  And, thankful for that nail biting FG at the end.... wasn't sure a 40 yarder was the best play there... just like JoeT on Monday night vs Dallas taking a safety and risking a sack fumble to close out that glorious victory while taunting Charlie Waters and Hollywood. Imagine Alex Smith retreating 60 yards to milk the clock and making JoeT proud.

That 57.7 probably led the league

hqdefault.jpg

Archived